Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
shaman Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Oh, I've been to other rodeos. It's just that this one had over a month of waiting and build-up.

This is kind of like the day before the November Rifle Opener in reverse.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by joken2
Another of Shaman's, 'Poo', stories in the making? whistle wink
Fixed it. laugh I had mine 4yrs ago. Easy enough. Damned inconvenient, though. And correct about the baby wipes, Charmin or not.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shaman
The shaman is giving himself a colonoscopy for his birthday.

Liftoff is scheduled for 1600 LIMA today. That's when I start drinking the go-juice that I just mixed and put in the fridge. That puts MECO sometime before 2300 (God willing). Lunar Orbit Insertion is at 0745 tomorrow. Where's Rocky when you need him?

The pad is ready. I can get Netflix in the bathroom. I treated myself to an online subscription to Rifle, Handloading, and Successful Hunter. There's two full jars of beef bullion next to the microwave, and Lemon-Lime Gatorade in the fridge. I also have Ken Water's Pet Loads handy.

KYHillChick is taking off work as well to act as ground crew.

You are going to give yourself a colonoscopy? You must be flexible.

shaman Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Preparation H.

The cream style..... not the old "ointment" type.

And where's the .45 in the ziploc?

Dang! A ziploc? You're expecting more backsplash than I was. If you look closely at the pic, there's a Ruger P-90 with an extended mag next to the Rem 1100.

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I also have Ken Water's Pet Loads handy.

I've been thinking that you have many friends here that will be happy to abuse you to take your mind off the upcoming, errr... "Grand Opening Event".

I'm happy to contribute to distracting you. grin

So, after the colonoscopy, perhaps you should replace "Pet Loads" with this book:

[Linked Image]

John

IC B2

shaman Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Here's a better pic.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by shaman; 07/30/15.

shaman Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jpb
I also have Ken Water's Pet Loads handy.

I've been thinking that you have many friends here that will be happy to abuse you to take your mind off the upcoming, errr... "Grand Opening Event".

I'm happy to contribute to distracting you. grin

So, after the colonoscopy, perhaps you should replace "Pet Loads" with this book:

John

John, thanks for the suggestion. I have a copy, and it's going on the pile right now.

Update: Angus slept in this morning, but finally got up, and gave me my birthday present.
[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/ND6JizBJ35997X67R0sd44vO_Kh4CBxfPs1KXmiobBg=w779-h584-no[/img]

It's a stag horn back scratcher.

[Linked Image]

shaman Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I was on my 8th cup of beef bullion. It tastes great, but it is only 5 calories. It probably takes more to fix it than I get back in consuming it. Dang! Here it is afternoon, and I haven't started my writing project. Where's that . . .? . . . ah! There it is.

The Popeil Pocket Third Person has been a handy tool for me all these years. I'm a writer that tends to do his best work, writing in third person. The Pocket Third Person takes everything I'm going to write in 1st person and transposes it in my head so I experience the world in third person. There's a bunch of settings and it all gets really subtle, but that's the short of it. I got my first one while I was in college, and I'm now on my third. I hear you can get them on E-Bay. Here let me demonstrate how it works. I'll just switch it on. . . and. . .

The shaman looked up from his computer. He found himself located in his bathroom. It was oddly decorated, not unlike a small den or home office. The Pocket Third Person sat before him on the tray table,it's red light blinked, showing it was working.

Eventually, working through a slight bit of confusion, the shaman realized why it was turned on and turned the device off.

Ah! There! See, I am back to normal now. Well, there is a bit of wooziness from switching back and forth so quickly. However, I'll just stay seated until it wears off.

Did I mention that KYHillChick brought me a really cool present? She went down to the Somali restaurant and found me a box of my favorite Gunpowder tea, and brought me that and a little blue teapot, so I'll have tea this afternoon along with my bullion.

[Linked Image]

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

Liftoff is scheduled for 1600 LIMA today. That's when I start drinking the go-juice that I just mixed and put in the fridge. That puts MECO sometime before 2300 (God willing). Lunar Orbit Insertion is at 0745 tomorrow. Where's Rocky when you need him?

The pad is ready. I can get Netflix in the bathroom. I treated myself to an online subscription to Rifle, Handloading, and Successful Hunter. There's two full jars of beef bullion next to the microwave, and Lemon-Lime Gatorade in the fridge. I also have Ken Water's Pet Loads handy.

Great Minds that think alike! I had both ends run on Monday this week. Unfortunately since I am working away from home, my facilities are up the 3 steps in my 5th wheel camper. Sitting on that small pot got old in a hurry. Keeping myself supplied with beef broth and, yes, lime jello from the kitchen was a problem a couple of times that resulted in some additional laundry to do.

Hope your results turn out as good as mine! Good Luck!

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Didja know that Utah is the lime Jello capital of the universe? Yup. More of it sold and apparently eaten here than anywhere else either side of Pluto. The usual serving suggestion is called "salad" hereabouts; lime jello with fine carrot shavings in it.

Yeah, I know. Weird.

Anyway, the Gunpower blend ought to suit you to a "T".

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B3

shaman Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
We'll know in a bit. T-Minus 1 hour 54 minutes and counting.

I stuck my finger in the go-juice just now to figure out how bad it was. Pretty bad. Vaguely citrusy in an industrial sort of way.

I was thinking of my Dad. He fulfilled the role of "Sparky" in the real-live Korea. He was the corporal back at HQ that the "Radars" used to call up when they needed stuff. What got me to thinking about him was his story of how he used to mix the medicinal alcohol with frozen OJ concentrate and make Screwdrivers. Whenever there were nurses coming into Kimpo, he'd drive over with an ambulance with a couple of buddies and a gallon of Screwdriver to meet the plane. He said they would deliver every nurse to the M.A.S.H. units plastered and pregnant.

I was a bit aghast when he told me this. It was a couple of years before he died. He said the nurses usually were scared witless of the prospect of being so close to the fighting, and getting knocked up was their only way out. He and the guys at Division HQ were more than happy to take care of the problem.

NO! Dad. I wasn't worried about that! I was thinking how many half-brothers and sisters I might have running around.

Dad thought for a minute and changed the subject.

Now, I'm wondering what his recipe was. 8:1? 5:1? All of a sudden I'm sitting in Dad's bathroom missing him.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Gosh if you're like most of the posters here you really shouldn't need to get a doctor involved at all. Just bend over, poke your head up your azz and have a look around.

shaman Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Allen917

Great Minds that think alike! I had both ends run on Monday this week. Unfortunately since I am working away from home, my facilities are up the 3 steps in my 5th wheel camper. Sitting on that small pot got old in a hurry. Keeping myself supplied with beef broth and, yes, lime jello from the kitchen was a problem a couple of times that resulted in some additional laundry to do.

Hope your results turn out as good as mine! Good Luck!

I would have just put one of these in the bushes and said to heck with the indoor facility:

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by rockdoc
You won't remember a thing... except the foul taste of the prep grin

Hope all is well.

Best wishes, Chris

THIS

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

shaman Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T-Minus 1 hour 23 minutes.

I hired a little German guy from up the street, and gave him a white coat and a hat we stole from Steak & Shake. He's going to help me buckle in and then give me a big thumbs up before locking me in the bathroom. I'll use the back scratcher to start the fan. He'll then make sure that end of the house is cleared out.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There are apparently several different "prep" kits. The ones I've used contained some standard commercial laxative tablets, a bottle of CitriLax, and two bottled enemas. Never had the two-liter of guck one. No biggie either way; you just poop until you think there CAN'T be any more goo in there - and then you spew and spray until you think there can't be any more YOU in there.

Addendum. I'm simply amazed that nobody has linked to the classic Dave Barry piece. So HERE IT IS

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by agazain
Take Depends along for after. You'll be blowing wet dispelling the gas they inflate you with. Sweet dreams!

Did not have that problem myself. When I woke up the nurse said if I felt like farting it was normal. Thunder came to the ward at that very moment.

She told me later I might have set a record for the clinic.

It made me feel special.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

shaman Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The countdown stands at T-Minus 47 minutes and counting.

The the first of several warning sirens have sounded.

[video:youtube]SaYUqXAmXRQ[/video]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Good luck Shaman. I'm having mine next month. Can't wait. The first one since I passed 50 a few years back.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

shaman Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T-Minus 12 minutes:

The Go Juice has come out of the refrigerator. The old German guy just gave me the thumbs up, and then ran for his life.

The tray table is up and the seat has been returned to the upright position.

[video:youtube]veDcp3wB3JA[/video]

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

137 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 007FJ, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 13 invisible), 1,450 guests, and 787 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,574
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.