Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
G
garCH Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
rec'd this message yesterday from LAW:

"Thanks for the inquiry. We just signed a new rep group to the Southeast, you should begin seeing new dealers in that area listed on our website soon.
In the mean-time, you can order from any dealer and have it shipped to your local FFL dealer.
Talley Rings are available from Talley; be sure to order them to fit the Nesika Bay receiver, which matches our scope base hole spacing. Otherwise, any Weaver or Picatinny ring will fit the bases that accompany the rifle.
Sincerely,
James Diehl
Production Manager"

Yesu ai zhongguo
BP-B6

G
garCH Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
Thanks SKane: just bought one from Whittakers in KY, 308, someone bought one elsewhere and traded it in there, LN, 1299. Hope it's good and I don't end up wishing I'd got another cooper 54.

Yesu ai zhongguo
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I'm real interested in hearing what you think of that rifle garCH. Professional or Closer ?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by garCH
Thanks SKane: just bought one from Whittakers in KY, 308, someone bought one elsewhere and traded it in there, LN, 1299. Hope it's good and I don't end up wishing I'd got another cooper 54.

I think I handled that one last time I was there. Pretty nice stick...

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by garCH

It wasn't bought elsewhere and traded. It was my pre-production sample. You won't be disappointed. Had it been any other chambering, I would have never let it hit the shelf....

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How are the actions ? Smooth ? Well machined ?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
They're exceptional rifles -- at least what I've seen.

The actions aren't silky smooth, but that's the Cerakote. I'm sure they'll polish in time. The fit, finish and machining is superb. Again, just my observation from what I've seen.

Lots of features of a full custom build at a portion of the price.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks. If I get one, the CeraKote will be the first thing to go.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I ordered a Professional in 280ai. Amazingly, turn around was only a few months. Received it in early July.

Pretty happy with it so far. Haven't had a chance to shoot it,due to work.

Tony

G
garCH Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
will report how I like it after I shoot it.
Thanks for the background shortactionsmoker, reassuring.
it replaces a Weatherby Lightweight Sporter (not ultralight) in 308 that was stolen a couple weeks ago, along w my Tikka 695 in 300 WM and Dakota 76 in 270. i actually specifically wanted 308 and cerakote. fortunate to have found another 695 in 300 WM unfired; not going to replace Dakota which I got just over half price new in 1997 and with which I have shot a black bear and numerous deer. time for new memories I suppose.

Yesu ai zhongguo
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Got a chance to handle a LAW professional in 26 Nosler today at the LGS. As many have said, it appears to be a very well finished product. The main difference I could see, besides barrel fluting, removable muzzle break, 3 pos safety, etc, is that the stock has a slimmer wrist, and overall slimmer profile than the Nosler Patriot, which is also a very well finished rifle and great shooter. Bolts cycle very "slickly" in both as well.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by hicountry
I ordered a Professional in 280ai. Amazingly, turn around was only a few months. Received it in early July.

Pretty happy with it so far. Haven't had a chance to shoot it,due to work.

Tony

That's the exact setup I'm leaning toward. I've been debating between 280ai, 7RM, and 300WM. The 280 would be the most versatile for my needs.

G
garCH Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
recd it today, LAW Closer in 308. I have a Conquest scope and Tikka rings coming so hope to shoot it next week. Certainly VERY pleased w fit and finish, trigger pull using snap cap, weight and balance, etc. Some ceracote rubbing off on bolt but I don't mind

Yesu ai zhongguo
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I bought the Professional in 280AI. The rifle looks awesome but sucks in the accuracy department. After seasoning I tried 4 different factory ammo from Nosler. Best group was 1.1 inch at 96 yards and the worst was 6 inches. Sent the rifle back due to major accuracy issues. The 1.1 inch group was 3 shots, the group after letting the barrel completely cool and shooting 2 more rounds was 3.2inches. I tried several different bullets and powders in reloading. The accuracy was still junk. I called Legendary and talked with JD. He stated that there is some stock issues with the 280AI and 300 Win. Mags that first went out early in production. He had me send back the rifle. They sent back the rifle and a test target. The test target with factory Nosler ammo was shot by Legendary after the fixed the issue and to verify accuracy of 1 inch or less with factory ammo per their guarantee. The test target showed 2 groups. The first was a group of 1.885 and the second a1.1inch. Even they couldn't get the to shot 1 inch or less. I call and they stated that they fixed the stock issue and for me to shoot the rifle. I shot took out the rifle with all Nosler factory Amos and some different hand loaded that I had already tried. Best 3 shot group at 96 yards was 1.229inch and the worst was 4.375 inch. The best 3 shot group turned into a 5 shot group of 2.992 at 96 yards. I talked to legendary today about the accuracy and my true disappointed. They want me to send it back again! I sold all of my rifles to buy this one and a G7 BR2 rangefinder for hunting. I was supposed to do a backcountry hunt Aug 30 through tomorrow the 4th. Well that didn't happen due to not having my rifle. My experience so far with these rifles and Legendary arms is not good at all so far. At this time I would not recommend them. Just my experience so far.
Brian

G
garCH Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
My Closer in 308 is very accurate, maybe even .5 MOA so far in just 2 outings to the range, using hand loaded 150 grain sierra pro hunters or hornady interlocks over R15. did NOT like 165s. I am happy!

Yesu ai zhongguo
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Glad to hear your 308 in the closer is doing well for you. The guys have stated several times that the issue is with the stocks. This issue is with the 280AI and the 300 Win with serials of 400 or less. That is per 3 different guys at Legendary. After the stock was fixed and sent back to me. The accuracy was very inconsistent still. Still won't shoot under 1.100" at 96 yards with any ammo for a 3 shot and a 5 shot of 5" with group shift.. This is under perfect conditions at a bench. So it is going back again. This rifle is so inconsistent that I will not hunt with it. To hunt with it would just be so unethical. I could only trust it hitting its mark at less than 25 yards.
Brian

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by brianc74
Glad to hear your 308 in the closer is doing well for you. The guys have stated several times that the issue is with the stocks. This issue is with the 280AI and the 300 Win with serials of 400 or less. That is per 3 different guys at Legendary. After the stock was fixed and sent back to me. The accuracy was very inconsistent still. Still won't shoot under 1.100" at 96 yards with any ammo for a 3 shot and a 5 shot of 5" with group shift.. This is under perfect conditions at a bench. So it is going back again. This rifle is so inconsistent that I will not hunt with it. To hunt with it would just be so unethical. I could only trust it hitting its mark at less than 25 yards.
Brian

Whoa. I wasn't expecting that as a field report. You guys keep the reports coming.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by petr
Brian

Whoa. I wasn't expecting that as a field report. You guys keep the reports coming.

Anybody that would sell all their rifles to buy one from a new company for a backcountry hunt in the not too distant future can't be the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Higbean,

Anybody that would sell all their rifles to buy one from a new company for a backcountry hunt in the not too distant future can't be the sharpest knife in the drawer

This contributes to the thread?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Higbean
Originally Posted by petr
Gl
Brian

Anybody that would sell all their rifles to buy one from a new company for a backcountry hunt in the not too distant future can't be the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I see your point, but we all love new rifles and bansner has been rock solid in the past. I'd probably take this bet too. What rifle looney has not been impetuous?

Reports like this are better than a bunch of flowery fluff bs that often times is not truly deserved. So, it's worth weighing the report at least.

Can anyone hang pics?

Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
464 members (1Longbow, 160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 47 invisible), 2,037 guests, and 975 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,143
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.