Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
David Petzal has a blog over at F&S. About a month ago he did a review on the Professional. His experience mirrors Brianc74. He was able to get it to shoot submoa, but it wasn't a good time getting there.

I don't need a 7 Rem mag, but I want one. I've been trying to make a decision between a high end Sako A7 series, a Cooper, and the LAW Professional. I've had a Cooper, and regret letting it go. It's the most expensive option of the three, but I know it'll shoot when I get my hands on it.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
Higbean,

Anybody that would sell all their rifles to buy one from a new company for a backcountry hunt in the not too distant future can't be the sharpest knife in the drawer

This contributes to the thread?

Si Cabrón.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Higbean,

Originally Posted By Ringman
Higbean,

Quote:
Anybody that would sell all their rifles to buy one from a new company for a backcountry hunt in the not too distant future can't be the sharpest knife in the drawer

Is this contributes to the thread?

Si Cabrón.

This is from a mature person or a young teenager?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
Higbean,

Originally Posted By Ringman
Higbean,

Quote:

Is this contributes to the thread?

Si Cabrón.

This is from a mature person or a young teenager?

If calling you Cabrón is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If you do not have something to add to the field report. Then just read and go on. If all you are going to do is make comments about the poster in this thread and nothing about the the actual thread titling. Then keep to your self and drive on.

For the people adding their experiences and knowledge about Legendary Arms Works. Keep it coming.

Brian

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Brian,

I was pointing out the major rookie move on your part because I'm skeptical how much shooting a guy who'd sell all his rifles for a range finder and a brand new companies rifle right before hunting season actually does. Sorry for this inconvenient fact, but that is how it comes off.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Higbean,

Brian,

I was pointing out the major rookie move on your part because I'm skeptical how much shooting a guy who'd sell all his rifles for a range finder and a brand new companies rifle right before hunting season actually does. Sorry for this inconvenient fact, but that is how it comes off.

Again, how does this contribute to the thread? You see your opinion is just that. Not back up by much. And worth less.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
And again. Back to the actual point in this thread. The experiences and knowledge about Legendary Arms.

So to (Higbean)

Here is a little on my shooting background.
I have been reloading and shooting LR for 30 years
I have shot Fclass and 600 and 1000 yard competition for 20 years
I was a Army over watch (sniper) for 5 years
I work for a very well known rifle smith in Idaho. I build custom loads for his clients and their new custom 1000 LR rifles.

I had owned the gen one Gunwerks BR2 rangefinder. So I am well ad versed in that item. I gave that to my son and bought the Gen 2. The Gen 2 works the exact same as the Gen 1
I wanted a lighter rifle than what I have been toting around. My previous rifle setup was 12lbs. I wanted something under 8lbs.
I was just going to build a rifle using my Rem700 action.
But then in Feb. I started reading about Legendary Arms and what Mark B. Was going to be offering this year. I bought the rifle when it arrived at my Sportsmans Store Aug. 10th. This would give me 3 wks to work up a accurate load before my hunt. I don't work and shoot out at the shooting club daily. So 21 days of load development.

I did my research via internet and talking to all 3guys at Legendary. All three guys stated if I bought that exact rifle after giving them the serial number that guarantee it to shoot 1inch or less with factory ammo and that they would expect with custom reloads to shoot under 1/2 inch at 100 yards. This rifle did not even come close to 1 inch consistently at 100 yards
This rifle consistently shoots 3 inches at 100 yards off the bench with me shooting it. I had another gentleman shoot it at the public range. He shot a 4.5 inch group with the most accurate load for this rifle.
The rifle is in route to legendary at this time. They paid for the return to them again. The paid for the cheapest way Back to them. I shipped it out to them last wk. FedEx tracking shows delivery to them on the 14th.
Like I have said before. At this time, I would not suggest this rifle. My experience with this Legendary Arms Professional 280AI is not good. The rifle looks great, but shoots horribly.

Brian

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Hope this one shoots better...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Brian, I sure hope you get your gun back and it shoots lights out in time for next years hunt. If not, let me know and I'll send you out one of my loaners. Ringman would probably do the same but with the caveat that you don't shoot more than two rounds what with throat erosion being what it is....

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Thanks for the offer. I just want to hunt with my own equipment.
Got off the phone with Bob at Legendary Just 10 minutes ago. I guess he is the General manager. I asked for my money back or just send me a new rifle that meets their guarantee. He passed the buck off to Mark Basner and said he can't make that decision. I left a message on Marks personal cell yesterday. Still have not gotten a call from Mark in regards to left message. just my opinion. They just plan on being legendary in words not in action. If people notice. Because I have. Guys that have done a review on a Legendary Arms rifle. These reviews do not show a couple of consecutive groups that are 1inch or less at 100 yards. I am finding this odd.
Just me maybe.
Brian

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Roy-
Nice looking setup!!!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by brianc74
Thanks for the offer. I just want to hunt with my own equipment.
Got off the phone with Bob at Legendary Just 10 minutes ago. I guess he is the General manager. I asked for my money back or just send me a new rifle that meets their guarantee. He passed the buck off to Mark Basner and said he can't make that decision. I left a message on Marks personal cell yesterday. Still have not gotten a call from Mark in regards to left message. just my opinion. They just plan on being legendary in words not in action. If people notice. Because I have. Guys that have done a review on a Legendary Arms rifle. These reviews do not show a couple of consecutive groups that are 1inch or less at 100 yards. I am finding this odd.
Just me maybe.
Brian

You're obviously very well qualified, and thanks for your service.

Dang.....I'm interested in these LAW's, so I appreciate your candid observations. Please keep us posted how it turns out if you don't mind.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well this takes that rifle of the possible list. Appreciate the candor. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
D
D
I've got a LAW Professional in 260 Remington ordered, and now you've got me nervous. I was about to have Hill Country Rifles build me a 260 but the Professional had everything I wanted (except for the muzzle brake) at half the cost and all the reviews were favorable so I ordered the LAW. The rifle is supposed to be in by now, but haven't heard anything. Will report on how it shoots.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I think Jorge is right.
To the other poster, I would use Pete Peiper of Precision Barrel Work in Hempstead, Texas. I've known Pete for over 20years.
Check his website: http://www.precisionbarrelwork.com/index.htm
Pete probably has the most complete 1 man shop, with multiple new lathes, mills, and CNC equip. He always keeps the latest new machines to do the best job. He has to farm out nothing.

You may go to his gallery with the photos. I believe the first fancy BR rifle used to be mine and if you scroll down, you will see a photo of a 5 shot 200 yard group I shot in Houston in years past. A .153 group. Pete builds an incredibly accurate rifle.

Last edited by butchlambert1; 09/11/15.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bet LAW will get stuff figured out and start turning out good guns. Seems to be some growing pains with all these start up companies.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
G
garCH Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
i am in China until the 19th, when i get home i'll shoot my 308 Closer more extensively and post some target photos

Yesu ai zhongguo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry to hear about your trouble. Hope this doesn't turn into Forbes II.

It would be smart of them to make this right PDQ. Stuff gets around pretty quick these days.

Good luck.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I guess the Green Mountain barrels ain't that good.
If I were having to pay for a rifle, I'd specify my brand of barrel.

Last edited by butchlambert1; 09/11/15.
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

133 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 007FJ, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 12 invisible), 1,459 guests, and 778 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,570
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.