Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Best picture yet of the Campfire .260 yet!

[Linked Image]

Last edited by taylorce1; 11/02/15.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great pic. Good job.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Gun season has been extremely slow at my lease so far. We are surrounded this year by construction crews. To the east and west we have wind generators being built, a new road being built to north and new oil wells to the south.

The few deer I have seen in the daylight have been on the run, but managed to bloody the new Campfire MRC with this young doe. She will eat well and the MRC works. smile

[Linked Image]

Now Ineed some cooler weather, less construction and a rut stupid buck!

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Well, things improved a bit late yesterday evening as this guy showed himself with 15 minutes of legal light left. On the move at 190 yards it was a quick decision and a more fitting critter for the MRC.

[Linked Image]

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Montana Rifle Company 260 (just the regular one) with a Nightforce 2.5-10x42.

100 grain Barnes TTSX atop H414 = dropped where he stood as did a doe a few minutes later.

Good start on a management program with this big 6 point at a friend's property.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I took a forkhorn on Saturday, at a range of 12 yards (estimate, not lasered) made possible by the fast twist. The little guy nearly ran me over after the shot, but soon crumpled, the CRF while comforting was not called into action. smile

Mine is for sale, btw.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by cast10K; 11/16/15.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I was really hoping to be able to hunt with mine this year. Mine must have been the only lemon of the bunch. I called Darrik immediately after I picked mine up from my FFL in September and he quickly got me a paid postage email to print and send back. Second to none customer service. Hopefully I will get it back within 3 weeks. I'll be able to hunt with it at least one weekend this season if it comes back in that time frame. It doesn't look like it will happen though.

E
ejo Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Was it a mechanical issue or accuracy related? I'm asking because I have been struggling to get a group. Planning to try again tomorrow with a different load.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I never shot it. It was put together poorly, corrosion on the trigger guard and floor plate, stock was discolored, marks on the barrel, tool marks on the feed ramp etc. The owner of the gun store I had the rifle shipped to made a joke that my rifle was completed on a Friday 20 minutes before closing up the shop. He had some other choice words that I will not post. My rifle looks nothing like the rifles everyone is posting pics of. I just hope it comes back looking like it was put together and finished by a professional and shoots cloverleafs. Attention to detail was lacking in the worst way for my rifle.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
With that many problems to overcome, why would you rush the maker to get it back to you for this hunting season? Surely you have other guns and can let the maker take whatever time it takes to make it right? I would suspect that rushing is precisely why it was delivered the way it was.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by pal
With that many problems to overcome, why would you rush the maker to get it back to you for this hunting season? Surely you have other guns and can let the maker take whatever time it takes to make it right? I would suspect that rushing is precisely why it was delivered the way it was.

I never said I wanted them to rush. I said hopefully get it back in time to hunt with it this year. It took 6 months to get it and it has been back at the factory since the beginning of October. I am patiently waiting for it and hope it comes back put together professionally with the attention to detail a rifle of this caliber should have.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I used my campfire 260 to take a nice buck yesterday. Can email pics if somebody can help me post them here.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I wrapped up my elk season this year with another great hunt using my MRC .260. It was a long day covering over 9 miles round trip in deep snow and climbing a lot of elevation. All the while bucking a nasty wind. But the end result was filling my 2nd elk tag of the season with this rifle. I caught a cow just before dark bedded out in a sagebrush and grassy area they feed in. I was able to close the distance to about 80 yards and killed her in her bed. She never moved. I am so pleased with this rifle and it's wonderful carrying and shooting characteristics.

Now I have until Sunday to find a nice buck to kill with it.

Attached Images
2015cow1resize.jpg (92.59 KB, 229 downloads)
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by ruraldoc
I used my campfire 260 to take a nice buck yesterday. Can email pics if somebody can help me post them here.

ruraldoc's picture:

[Linked Image]

David

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thx for getting the picture up for me. This buck weighed 180 on scales and was180 yards on the laser range finder. I figure that makes him a 180 class buck. I used a 120 grain ballistic tip,hit him center of the shoulder broadside. Bullet existed and he was down right there. But there was a lot of blood under him.
Saw him fall because of the mild recoil, never lost sight of him in my scope. Really the perfect deer rifle for me.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Could a PT&G Model 70 SA aluminum bottom metal unit be put on one of these?

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I put PT&G aluminum bottom metal on mine. Had to trim the stock a little to get it to fit, it was Oberndorf style.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I got my rifle back after sending it back to MRC. It is absolutely flawless. It is perfect. Fit and finish is perfect. Everything that was wrong with it is now fixed. Thank you SAS for the excellent customer service and talking to the guys at MRC about fixing my rifle was so painless. They had my rifle in hand as they talked to me and could see everything I didn't like. They fixed it and sent it back. It looks like they gave me a completely different rifle.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glad things worked out, even if it took some time and trouble. I'd be real interested in hearing how it shoots when you get to it.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Well, cant contribute to this .260 thread, but if you need a heavier hitter, I have a 300wsm that I scoped up with a 3-10 burris and it is a heavier hitter ! Weighs 8 # 14 oz as it currently sits..havent played with it yet cause its just more then i would want to lug..xwr-ss model..you got a lighter rifle out there in a 284 -30 caliber you want to tempt me with via a p.m. ?

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1beaver_shooter, 1moredeer, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 2,214 guests, and 1,157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,111
Posts18,464,373
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.