Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
My jury duty this week is officially over. I was elected jury foreperson. Here were the charges: Count 1 - Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon. Count 2 - Tampering with evidence.

We found the individual guilty on both counts and the jury, 3 men and 9 women, sentenced as follows: Count 1 - 99 years plus $10,000 fine. Count 2 - 20 years and $10,000 fine. The individual will not be eligible for parole for 30 years.

Before anyone reacts to that, here's something to think about. The individual, age 44, had previously been arrested at least 44 times that were documented. Of that number, 27 were assaultive offenses, including a prior conviction for Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon. All but one of those arrests/convictions were in California. Just think about that for a moment...

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
GB1

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Dimocrap lives dont matter?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
My jury duty this week is officially over. I was elected jury foreperson. Here were the charges: Count 1 - Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon. Count 2 - Tampering with evidence.

We found the individual guilty on both counts and the jury, 3 men and 8 women, sentenced as follows: Count 1 - 99 years plus $10,000 fine. Count 2 - 20 years and $10,000 fine. The individual will not be eligible for parole for 30 years.

Before anyone reacts to that, here's something to think about. The individual, age 44, had previously been arrested at least 44 times that were documented. Of that number, 27 were assaultive offenses, including a prior conviction for Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon. All but one of those arrests/convictions were in California. Just think about that for a moment...

"The individual, age 44, had previously been arrested at least 44 times that were documented."
This guy is a slow learner; maybe 99 years+ will make him slow down a bit and think.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Congrats on doing a good job as
jury foreman. Sounds like y'all had
the common sense to do what Cali juries
wouldn't do.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Stupid sonofabich should have stayed in Cali! wink

Congratulations on a job well done, everyone of the jurors including your self should be Damn proud that you took care of a problem nobody else would.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by poboy
Congrats on doing a good job as
jury foreman. Sounds like y'all had
the common sense to do what Cali juries
wouldn't do.

Thanks for the support. It's a heavy responsibility when your signature seals someone's fate. At least the citizens of my community won't have to worry about encountering this violent individual anymore. Justice has been served.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good job Sir and your fellow jurors as well.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I was also foreperson of a jury in a felonious assault case a year ago. It was very unusual because I am a retired LEO and actually got on a jury. The circumstances were nowhere near as aggravated as you describe. We did convict the defendant.

It was a privilege and an educational experience to be involved in the process as a juror.

Well done. I'm glad your defendant won't be free to continue his abuse of innocent people.

Last edited by wildhobbybobby; 08/13/15.

Life is like a purple antelope on a field of tuna fish...
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
and we should send the bill to KA.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm surprised the P A didn't offer him a plea deal.

Or maybe he did but the guy was high on California Confidence and turned it down.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
We found out after the fact that the guy turned down a deal. He was used to beating the system in Calif. Big mistake.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
The individual will not be eligible for parole for 30 years.

Actually to me, this begs the question " Why would this individual EVER be eligible for parole?"

And truth be told, when I become King, we are going to instate a "three strikes and you are out" policy.

And I mean really out.......no need to burden society feeding you.

Anyway, kudos for taking one more dirtbag off the street.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I glad you mentioned the trial. We had a first (that we know of) yesterday. It too, was an agg assault case. There was a mistrial declared because every single juror (39) was disqualified. Of course the reasons ranged from having a child that had been murdered to a husband that had been killed by the police and everything in between.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote=ltppowell]I glad you mentioned the trial. We had a first (that we know of) yesterday. It too, was an agg assault case. There was a mistrial declared because every single juror (39) was disqualified. Of course the reasons ranged from having a child that had been murdered to a husband that had been killed by the police and everything in between. [/quote

They call 150 -200 people around here if they have a serious trial. Of course, about half get excused before selection starts.

But it still leaves a large pool.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah...they call several hundred here too, but disseminate them among the twenty, or so, courtrooms for the weeks trials.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[quote=ingwe] Actually to me, this begs the question " Why would this individual EVER be eligible for parole?"

[quote]

The reality of it is that you have to let one out to put another one in. People don't like paying for prisons...or more correctly, politicians would rather do something else with the money that people think is being spent on prisons.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't see the point of the fines when he won't be making any money in prison

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There's not any really. It just means they "threw the book at him".

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A grim business well done.

Must be a zoo in Kali.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Thank you for doing a Great job and taking our trash out for us here in Cali.

It seems are courts can never get it right in this State.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

213 members (10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 260Remguy, 1_deuce, 1minute, 300_savage, 31 invisible), 1,756 guests, and 1,066 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,054
Posts18,463,191
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.