Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by JTPinTX
Not much difference IMO. I have the desert tan, my son has a white one. What does make a difference, is putting ice and whatever cold stuff you are going to load it with in there and letting it cool down to temp. Then top it with ice. And if you are opening it every 15 minutes in the heat for a beer, well no cooler is magic, none of them deal with that well. How you use it is much more important than the color.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.

for a beer cooler Yetis are no better than the rest, except when drunks sit / stand on them. ( ya'll know what happens with the cheap styrofoam coolers after dark grin)

and the lid won't blow off going down the road.

Yep, buying a Yeti for beer is a waste. Opening and closing all the time it is no better than anything else. Where a Yeti (and Pelicans too, I have heard they are very good) really shines is when you need to store ice or food for several days out camping and such. Or where they are going to get beat up. Or both.

Now the Yeti ramblers, those things work. I do lots of custom Cerakoting on them, and I have yet to meet someone who doesn't love theirs.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is a reason every cooler is compared to a yeti.

That being said I have a couple of K2 brand coolers that work just as good, just the fit and finish is not as good.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by lawnman
Hey guys I have the chance to buy a yeti 65 for a good price from a buddy of mine. Like new barely used. He wants a bigger one is reason for selling. I have always wanted one for all around use. Camping with the scouts, family trips, fishing etc. If I were to buy one new I would probably buy a white one. His is the desert tan color. Someone said that they get hotter in the sun due to the darker color? On the other hand I hear they look newer longer due to them not getting dirty and stained etc. Any advice from those of you that have them?

Oh for heavens sake ! just buy whatever cooler color matches your purse & shoes & be done with it.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
my best guesstimate is worrying about tan vs. white on a cooler that insulated is akin

to pole vaulting over mouse turds

not that big a deal

if it's a good price snag it

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
We have a Yeti cooler on every ranch truck, and they get used a lot every day, the white ones get really dirty looking fast, the tan ones seem to have a slicker harder finish and stay cleaner than the white Yeti's, I can't tell which keeps ice the best but they work better than anything else we have used. Rio7

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have a desert tan, 65.
Only complaint is they are heavy even when empty.
Don't sweat the color

NRA Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RIO7
We have a Yeti cooler on every ranch truck, and they get used a lot every day, the white ones get really dirty looking fast, the tan ones seem to have a slicker harder finish and stay cleaner than the white Yeti's, I can't tell which keeps ice the best but they work better than anything else we have used. Rio7

And that's coming from a guy that knows a thing or two about HOT weather.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Charlie, RIO would know for sure.

Been Texas hot here the last 3-4 days(+100F).

I have a water bottle ritual I do every night. Fill my 32 oz Nalgene bottles half full and freeze(set sideways and they won't crack).

Couple of those in a cooler with the lid duct taped on and a sandwich goes in the back of the pickup.

I KNOW you KNOW the drill for a 'jobsite' lunch box....grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by RIO7

And that's coming from a guy that knows a thing or two about HOT weather.

nah, Blue has no experience with that does he? grin if you can pic up a Yeti cheap chances are your gonna be very happy with it regardless of color.....most people dont really need something more than what say a Coleman Extreme(hell of a cooler for the money) offers but those that can use a better cooler rarely complain about paying for one be it Yeti or one of the similar....

i recently spent $60 on a smaller Stanley lunch box cooler built like the Yeti style cause my cushy state job comes with a work truck without AC and was having problems keeping my lunch colder than luke warm by 11 and had nothing cool to drink during the worst of the heat during the day during our recent heat.....damn expensive cooler given its small size but i now have something cold to drink when its hot....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I wanna see some everyday workin' cooler pics.

The cooler along with the proper contents are pretty much a vital need!

IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Not that it matters but one of my son's gave me a Yetti "cup" for Father's Day and that thing flatazz works, both hot and cold. It is with me wherever I run here in Idaho. I bought a second one to take back to Texas. I am thinking one of their small chests to throw on an ATV would be nice.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson

LOL.... hotter'n hell here too Sam.

Having been a poor carpenter all my life (and starting my career in So. NV/No. AZ) I know a thing or two about packing a lunch and enough water for the day.

No Yeti's back then but I did have a three gallon Igloo water jug with a basket in the top for your lunch. I'd drink all three gallons every day and never piss a drop.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by SamOlson

LOL.... hotter'n hell here too Sam.

Having been a poor carpenter all my life (and starting my career in So. NV/No. AZ) I know a thing or two about packing a lunch and enough water for the day.

No Yeti's back then but I did have a three gallon Igloo water jug with a basket in the top for your lunch. I'd drink all three gallons every day and never piss a drop.

sounds like my last few days in the field.....b!tch of it is after a long day in the heat the jobsite is usually most of an hour from the office.....getting into a truck thats even hotter for an hour ride back really sucks.....but you know we are spoiled working for the state with one of those cushy jobs grin

and i know other coolers would work for what im doing but they dont work as well as the Yeti-style construction especially in a small package that doesnt need much ice to keep cold.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
August, is always a hot month in S.Tex. with most days over 100 deg. I carry a smaller Yeti in my jeep, it's nice to have cold gator aid and cold water and a candy bar or two when I am a long way from the house. Rio7

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
the Yeti ramblers, those things work. I do lots of custom Cerakoting on them, and I have yet to meet someone who doesn't love theirs.

Really? I'd love to see pics. The Rambler tumblers are the real deal. I've got one at the office and one at home. Would've never thought of having one painted though.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by biglmbass
the Yeti ramblers, those things work. I do lots of custom Cerakoting on them, and I have yet to meet someone who doesn't love theirs.

Really? I'd love to see pics.

+1

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by biglmbass

Really? I'd love to see pics. The Rambler tumblers are the real deal. I've got one at the office and one at home. Would've never thought of having one painted though.

Ok. Here is my FB page, it has some stuff on it:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Prairie-Wolf-Specialties/920979701280365

I don't have many pictures up on Photobucket I can grab, by will post a couple here. First one is my own personal Rambler. It is in desert sand, with patriot brown coyote tracks and fire engine red blood splatters.

[Linked Image]

Here is a Colster in burnt bronze with a USMC red Punisher skull.

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1234, 76 invisible), 2,543 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,870
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.