-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Is Seattle next when Mount Rainier pops??

Could happen one of these days.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
No.

If Rainier goes it will be south of Seattle that is hit the hardest, Puyallup, Fife, Federal Way, and a schit load of smaller towns. But Seattle has very little if any runoff from Rainier.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
dam.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There are a few volcanoes that when they go, life on earth will change forever, and a few others that could change human existence in ways we can't imagine.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mexico City

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mexico City is in a caldera. If that one reawakens, the city will be engulfed in lava. Different, and far more destructive (though to the inhabitants, just as deadly).

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by 4ager
Mexico City is in a caldera. If that one reawakens, the city will be engulfed in lava. Different, and far more destructive (though to the inhabitants, just as deadly).

Refried,,,,,,,, dare I say it,,,,,,,,,,, Beans?

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yosemite?

Good video. When St.Helens blew we had ash on the car- slight- in Oklahoma City.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by g5m
Yosemite?

That's one. When it goes, Kansas City will look like Pompei, and perhaps Memphis as well.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
it happened in the phillipines in 91. they ended up pulling US forces out of Clark AB forever, which for those who are familiar, was huge. i think the biggest US base in the world at the time. i remember seeing that big old fugger way out there smoking away when i spent a few booze fueled weeks there in 84.

http://geography.about.com/od/globalproblemsandissues/a/pinatubo.htm

My diploma is a DD214
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

No great loss, I dare say. wink

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by g5m
Yosemite?

That's one. When it goes, Kansas City will look like Pompei, and perhaps Memphis as well.

Do you mean Yellowstone? I don't think Yosemite is a super volcano and from what I can find on the web, volcanic activity there has been extinct for 5 million years.

Now Yellowstone, that's a whole 'nother story.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yellowstone is the big one. Yosemite is a scenic valley smile

Mammoth Mountain, in California was threatening to erupt, when I lived there, as the ground was rising a few inches a year. There have been a few people killed by volcanic gas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mammoth_Mountain

If Mammoth were to blow in winter, it could melt a pile of snow, and cause a lot of havoc in California.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
California deserves havoc and a place in the Pacific Ocean.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Originally Posted by g5m
Yosemite?

Do you mean Yellowstone? I don't think Yosemite is a super volcano and from what I can find on the web, volcanic activity there has been extinct for 5 million years.

Now Yellowstone, that's a whole 'nother story.

Correct; I had the Ys confused.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cubrea Vieja in the Spanish Canary Islands. Nest eruption would collapse the entire western side of the volcano into the Atlantic. A MEGA tsunami would be generated. Est. at 300m in height and 60 kms long(depth). The entire eastern coast of N. America would be FUQKED!!! 60 km length means it will reach that far inland. It would take about 5 hours to arrive here at est. velocity of 500 mph. It could occur at ANYTIME.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Yellowstone is the big one. Yosemite is a scenic valley smile

Mammoth Mountain, in California was threatening to erupt, when I lived there, as the ground was rising a few inches a year. There have been a few people killed by volcanic gas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mammoth_Mountain

If Mammoth were to blow in winter, it could melt a pile of snow, and cause a lot of havoc in California.

Relax, Compadre,....they've got these black balls they can cover it with.

Black balls RULE !!!

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 280shooter, 2500HD, 6 invisible), 1,550 guests, and 707 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,536
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.