Print Thread
Hop To
L
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Vortex customer service is amazing!

I recently purchased a used vortex Viper HS LR 6x24x50 that had been damaged by the previous owner. I phoned Vortex and explained the whole situation their response was "thank you for calling we are glad you chose Vortex, send it in and we will take care of you"

Still unsure what "take care of you ment" I boxed it up and mailed it to Vortex last tues. 6 days later I get an email from Vortex with Fedex tracking info and today(just over a week) I am holding a brand new scope!

The glass in the Viper LR looks amazing and if it performs; Vortex I'll have a future customer for a long time to come!
Tight groups,
James

Burning Powder in the Texas Hill Country
poking holes in critters
GB1

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
So far that's better than Zeiss. Sent one on 8/6 and haven't heard a thing. Tracking says it was delivered.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
That is far better than my experience. I droppped my 12x50 razor binos and damaged them. Called Vortex and explained what happened and they said the same thing. Sent binos in and received a call from them a week later. They said that they could not repair them but would replace them. I responded with since that model has been updated to the HD could I pay for an upgrade and get the HD model. I was told that would not happen, so I ask what they were going to do. I was told that they keep older units around for testing and company use. I received my replacements a week later and checked the serial number and it was older than the one I sent in. I had bought these when Vortex first introduced razor, so it had to be one of the first binos produced for Vortex. Needless to say I no longer own any thing Vortex and when ask by friends what scopes or binos to buy Vortex is not on my recommended list. Yes you can say they replaced them and I will agree with you. But at the time I owned 6 of their scopes and had 6 more on order, all razors.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T

+10 rating from me too.........

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
smile marketing strategy it Is cheaper to repair the few that get sent back than to build it more durable in the first place. Many are clueless that the scope is broken and blame it on poor shooting. Not many are as astute as 24hourcampfire members.

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by jimmyp
smile marketing strategy it Is cheaper to repair the few that get sent back than to build it more durable in the first place. Many are clueless that the scope is broken and blame it on poor shooting. Not many are as astute as 24hourcampfire members.

Astute?

Yeah, F-up dropping their product and it is replaced with an identical item....and whine about it.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Same as Leupold strategy.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Same as Leupold strategy.

I'm starting to thing you are not a Leupold fan or at the very lest think they are overrated.

Scott
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
we will sit in groups and one person will do the work for the other 4, lets feel good! Actually I now feel Vortex is great!

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
There is one thing for sure about Vortex.. If you buy one of there products you will need the warranty. I have bought 3 pairs of there binos. All had to go back for repairs within a month...That return shipping gets expensive. Not worth the trouble.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
IC B3

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
.......necessary.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 1eyedmule, 222ND, 2003and2013, 64 invisible), 2,466 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,224
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.