Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
http://news.yahoo.com/first-women-graduate-us-armys-ranger-school-174241078.html

[Linked Image]

First Lt. Shaye Haver (C) and Capt. Kristen Griest (C-R) are surrounded by a group of friends and supporters after receiving their Ranger tab at Fort Benning, Georgia on August 21, 2015 (AFP Photo/Jessica McGowan)

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Next

[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
How much did they have to water it down for them to pass?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kara Spears Hultgreen (5 October 1965 – 25 October 1994), was a Lieutenant and Naval Aviator in the United States Navy and the first female carrier-based fighter pilot in the U.S. Navy. She died just months after she was certified for combat, when she crashed her F-14 Tomcat into the sea on final approach to USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN-72).

An Accuracy in Media report quotes CDR Tom Sobiek, commanding officer of Fighter Squadron VF-124, as saying of the 4 female pilots in his squadron that "the women are going to graduate regardless of how they performed" and reports that "the Navy was in a race with the Air Force to get the first female fighter pilot".

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
from the article

Lieutenant Shaye Haver and Captain Kristen Griest faced all the same combat, survival and stamina challenges as the 94 men also pinning the Ranger tab on their fatigues.

Friday's ceremony was also attended by the families of the graduates and by the new US army chief of staff, General Mark Milley, and by General Austin Miller, whose command oversees Ranger School.

Miller dismissed allegations that trainers had been under pressure to lower standards or give women trainees an easier ride.

"A five-mile (eight-kilometer) run is still a five-mile run," he said, insisting he had been under no pressure from his superiors. "Time standards have not been adjusted."

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Mass Media will have this televised for the next 5 years

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
I sincerely hope this ain't a big stinky pile of PC make believe.

Combat will tell.

PS I been lied to before. By the same crowd.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
There are a lot of conflicting reports out there right now. It will be interesting to see what stories start filtering out after everyone gets back to their units.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lower standards before the course even started. Their tab should have an asterisk.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The graduation of women from this warrior school is a sad, ignorant new low for our society.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
As usual, the MSM is not telling us "the rest of the story". And the rest of that story is, that the women candidates (not these two who succeeded) fell out (failed) at a far, far greater rate then the men. What these two female success stories show is that very exceptional female athletes (meaning, the top 1-3%) might be able to compete with the top 25% of male athletes---for a short period of time (eg., the amount of time of the Ranger school).

What remains to be seen (and actually we already know the answer) is whether these two exceptional females will be as effective as fighters as their male counterparts and they will not be. There is nothing wrong with that; its just a fact of nature. Women can contribute to the military in many ways (they already do). But on balance they will not and cannot enhance the fighting effectiveness of the special forces.

Jordan

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
All the same "combat, survival, and stamina challenges"? Does that include strength challenges?

Look, I have no doubt these ladies are in better shape than I am. However, would you want your 6' 2" 200 lb son to rely on a 5'4" 140 lb female if injured in combat?

If females want "equal rights", then meet the same standards (and, who knows, did they in this case?). Also, where are all the feminists pushing to require females to sign up for Selective Service at age 18, like the guys have to?? Nope, they want females to be able to pick and choose whether they want a combat role, meanwhile, guys go where they are told.....

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

I'll accept they did the same course as the previous class.

As long as everybody else accepts bleeders make schitty cops, firemen, soldiers, sailors, pilots, politicians, and opinion givers.

(This list is not all inclusive.)

Dave

Last edited by deflave; 08/22/15. Reason: Steelhead's cyber-bullying.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Drivers, you forgot drivers.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
According to Gen. Mcinerney interview today, all 8 women who made it to the finals washed out in the Darby Patrol phase twice.
Three were given a third chance.
The two above, made it the 3rd time.

A few of the men were given just 1 re-cycle and were washed out. Male students who had women in their patrols also failed at an unusually high rate...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Drivers, you forgot drivers.

I'd best caveat that post.

Thank you.

And GFY.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

I'll accept they did the same course as the previous class.

As long as everybody else accepts bleeders make schitty cops, firemen, soldiers, sailors, pilots, politicians, and opinion givers.

Dave

DeFlave announcing yet again (for those one or two folks here who did not already know grin ) why he is single, divorced man with whom women will have absolutely nothing to do.

Jordan

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The idea that two out of 100+ hand-picked officers with an incredible level of fitness for a woman can physically hang with men in a course after being given an incredible amount of prep shouldn't amaze anyone.

The idea that this somehow should change any discussion about women in ground-combat MOS's on the other hand.....

Until/unless the military is willing to simply have one PT test and cut the gender crap altogether, anything they say about equality is just ignoring the elephant in the room.

And we know they ain't gonna do that, because, in the end, men and women are not equal. Not saying either gender is "better," just that we damn sure are different.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I left the military years ago when they started lowering standards just like the did to force women into Leo positions and fire Depts . Jump school became a joke because of lowered standards for bleeders.

Lost track the number of these super females could not stay for long periods of time in the field and pull their fair share due to female problems. Really destroyed unit cohesion.

More fundamental change and some on here are actually applauding it.

Last edited by ribka; 08/22/15.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RobJordan

DeFlave announcing yet again (for those one or two folks here who did not already know grin ) why he is single, divorced man with whom women will have absolutely nothing to do.

Jordan

I'm married.

But in your defense, she is Polish.

Dave

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

619 members (160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1234, 16penny, 10Glocks, 66 invisible), 2,063 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,272
Posts18,448,347
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.