Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
We know you're a Hoss.

You told us so...

Playing King of the Hill isn't what we do here.

MD doesn't play that game.

It's unfortunalte you do.

DF

In my first post I said to remove the expander and see if the runout is reduced, and it was.

I also said he would get the least amount of runout using a Forster bench rest full length resizing die with its high mounted expander. And the OP stated he will try moving the expander up with his existing full length die and try to reduce the runout.

And I do not play games, the problem started when Mule Deer tried to tell me he was the only one who knows how to reload.

So tell me, how many more people in this forum actually think they are the only ones who know how to reload.

I have a neck thickness gauge and a runout gauge that tells me where my runout is coming from on my loading bench. And anyone with gauges should be able to find the cause of the runout.

So again if anyone can "prove" anything I said or linked was wrong then go ahead and prove it. Just don't say because I said your wrong and expect anyone to believe your BS. And if anyone thinks their post count means they have more experience reloading they need their heads examined.

One of the biggest problems the internet has are the midgets setting at their computers pretending to be giants.

GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I still haven't figured out what you are all excited about.

Turning necks is pretty simple and resolves a lot of issues.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

You are the one making the positive claim.

The burden of proof is on you, not those who doubt you.

That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever read in any forum. What you are saying is everyone has to drink Mule Deer's purple cool aid or else they are wrong.

Is this a reloading forum or the campfire scene in Blazing Saddles? Its getting deep.

Last edited by bigedp51; 08/24/15.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I think you're better off playing over on Optics Talk. They like telling people how great they are over there like you do.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bigedp51

That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever read in any forum. What you are saying is everyone has to drink Mule Deer's purple cool aid or else they are wrong.

Is this a reloading forum or the campfire scene in Blazing Saddles? Its getting deep.

I have to agree that Mule Deer has not really had an original idea in all the years I have known him. Most everything he writes is something I told him. Ask him about plastic tipped bullets sometime...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Bigedp51, I bet if we were all sitting around a table having coffee or a beer or two, your responses would be quite a bit different. At least I hope they would be.

Apparently, you know a thing or two about reloading so relax and enjoy the give and take; it's not a contest.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever read in any forum.

Thank you for displaying your ignorance.

Now go pick up a logic book, noob.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yep, I do believe I am right as to where this guy came from. Even if I am wrong, no time for this attitude from someone. ::ignored::

No fear, no doubt, all in, balls out.

"America"
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I think you're better off playing over on Optics Talk. They like telling people how great they are over there like you do.

I put my pants on just like everyone else does. And if you don't like the way I reload and what I have learned about reloading then don't read my postings.

So just remember I'm just like Mule Deer, I'm brilliant, good looking and exceedingly modest.

Signed
Attila the Hun

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Been reading this with great interest. Let's see......MD is an accomplished and respected outdoorsman, outdoor writer, published gozillions of books and articles on the subject, and many others, while Lardass ed came to give orders, and not listen.

Do I understand this situation correctly?

Actually I have never heard of MD or any of the gozillions books you say he has published. Even after going to his home page and seeing what he has written. I guess reading mainstream books by better known competitive shooters like Tubbs or Zediker doesn't count.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

What I can tell you is after reading so many mainstream books on reloading and the way MD behaved here I don't have any plans on reading anything he has written. And I do not plan on being a cult follower and drinking his Kool-Aid. Mr. MD needs a little more charm and finesse when talking to others. Especially when there is a whole world that has never heard of him and doesn't share the high opinion he has of himself.

You and the other cult worshipers can have this forum if MD is the only person that can answer reloading questions.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I guess reading mainstream books by better known competitive shooters like Tubbs or Zediker doesn't count.

Writing them would count.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by smokepole
I guess reading mainstream books by better known competitive shooters like Tubbs or Zediker doesn't count.

Writing them would count.

Touche'

DF

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Well, alot of us have heard of MD, and read many of his monthly articles and published books. We damn sure never heard of you.

By reading books written by Tubb, how many Camp Perry's did that win you?

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
You and the other cult worshipers can have this forum if MD is the only person that can answer reloading questions.

We "had this forum" before you found it and will "have" it after you move on.

Hint, hint...

No cult following here, no "king of the hill" stuff, just a mutually beneficial exchange of information and comradery that you don't seem to appreciate or understand.

Your loss.

I'm sure other forums (somewhere) would appreciate your "expertise" and attitude.

DF

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Well, alot of us have heard of MD, and read many of his monthly articles and published books. We damn sure never heard of you.

By reading books written by Tubb, how many Camp Perry's did that win you?

That begs the question of how many Camp Perry's did MD win and how many grand master titles does MD have.

This is very simple, all I did was tell the OP to remove his expander and see if the runout was reduced, and it was cut in half after he removed his expander. This is call a process of elimination.

The OP also stated when using his neck die it was still causing approximately .004 runout wih the expander removed. And we had another poster using neck dies posting pictures of bug hole groups. Meaning I would look further into finding the cause of the runout. Step one would be a neck thickness gauge followed by neck turning his cases.

And as long as MD thinks his opinion is the only one that matters he is always going to be rubbing someone the wrong way.

So forgive me for trying to help the OP reduce his runout in a forum with a cult following. Is MD real name Jack O'Conner, Skeeter Skelton or Elmer Keith..........those names ring a bell.

Last edited by bigedp51; 08/25/15.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B

Hint, hint...

No cult following here, no "king of the hill" stuff, just a mutually beneficial exchange of information and comradery that you don't seem to appreciate or understand.

Your loss.

I'm sure other forums (somewhere) would appreciate your "expertise" and attitude.

DF

Dirtfarmer

I just read through the posting twice and couldn't find a single post where you tried to help the OP solve his runout problem. In fact all the sarcastic comments are coming from the people who offered no help at all to the OP.

Nice forum Dirtfarmer, your good at shoveling dirt but you didn't produce any "food" to sustain us.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

And I didn't come here to listen, I came here to answer questions.

This is all I need to know about you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've only been reloading for ten or eleven years and have already figured out big ed is a douche. YMMV.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Higbean
I've only been reloading for ten or eleven years and have already figured out big ed is a douche. YMMV.

I've been reloading for over 50 yrs.

And, you're right, it don't take long or take a rocket surgeon to figure that one.

DF

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D

Hint, hint...

Your loss.

DF

Dirtfarmer

I just read through the posting twice and couldn't find a single post where you tried to help the OP solve his runout problem. In fact all the sarcastic comments are coming from the people who offered no help at all to the OP.

Nice forum Dirtfarmer, your good at shoveling dirt but you didn't produce any "food" to sustain us.

That's all in the eye of the beholder.

The OP's situation was addressed, your's needed comment.

DF

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

266 members (12344mag, 160user, 2500HD, 22kHornet, 10Glocks, 257 roberts, 24 invisible), 2,527 guests, and 929 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,726
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.