Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
LNF150 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
One of the big firearm and shooting supply outlet dealers offers discounts on select firearms, ammunition and supplies to 'qualified professionals'. I submitted my all of my supporting paperwork and was accepted.

My question is; do others of you participate in similar programs and notice a marked difference in price between the same or similar firearms.

GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
What are you qualified for?

Fück Joe byron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LNF150
One of the big firearm and shooting supply outlet dealers offers discounts on select firearms, ammunition and supplies to 'qualified professionals'. I submitted my all of my supporting paperwork and was accepted.

My question is; do others of you participate in similar programs and notice a marked difference in price between the same or similar firearms.

Hard to know what you mean. I know of a store that gives discounts to professional law enforcement officers, but there "professional" is an adjective describing "officers." A "qualified professional" can be anything. Or maybe I should say nothing -- it's describing nothing.

What kind of "qualified professional" do you speak of? Doctor? Lawyer? Indian chief?

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I'm pretty sure he's talking about Budsgunshop, which offers discounts to people who meet their "qualified professional" criteria, which are pretty generous. If I recall correctly, if includes current or prior law enforcement, corrections, military, and seems like a couple of others. I sent them a copy of my DD214 to qualify. The discounts vary from so-so, to pretty damned decent, but availability is a big issue. I have yet to make a purchase through the program, because they never have what I want in stock.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Only thing I've bought from a local place is Blue Label Glocks.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

LNF150 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
HilhamHawk, that is the one. I haven't purchased anything yet, just wondering what others thought about the discounts.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I bought a S&W 442 from Bud's a while back. I get the discount on it as I am retired LEO. I haven't seen anything else that I thought was a screaming deal. I did buy a CZ85 from them last month, but they did not have the discount on it.

"All I want is to enter my house justified."
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
LNF150,

I don't know about outlet dealers, but many optics companies offer direct discounts to outfitters, guides, etc. Most gun companies offer discounts to gun writers, usually wholesale, which is the price they usually sell at to stores anyway.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
LNF150 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thank You John and 3040Krag.

I was looking over the S&W J frames and was considering the stainless 642, but the 442 would be fine, as well. Same price: $340 + free shipping, my ffl charges $10.00 for the paperwork. Around my immediate area, this is a good deal, but I was just wondering what others thought.

I also teach Hunter Education and can get discounts through companies that support that program (which was never why I became an ins. in the first place, but was nice to find out latter it was offered). Here again, I can sometimes find a better deal at walmart on everyday stuff, yet get a great deal on something specific that walmart doesn't carry through the discount program.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Many companies offer substantial discounts to documented hunter education instructors along the lines of 30 to 50%. Never taken advantage of it in 20+ years.

A much younger fishing buddy did Alaska guide work for a couple seasons, and got about a 60% discount on gear. Pretty much limited to 2 of each item annually.

Most fishing guides I've been around are pretty much great examples of product placement. Not used any hunting services.

Last edited by 1minute; 09/26/15.

1Minute
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I get a professional discount of sorts from Filson, Kenetrek, Columbia and Rocky. I told Rocky thanks but no thanks....ha.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When my son worked at Gander Mountain, lots of companies gave substantial "Professional" discounts to store associates on select products. He got a few really good deals. The discounts were on products purchased direct from the company, not store stock.

What fresh Hell is this?
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
People know that I teach at the local high school but I also work part time for Sporties(SW). People would not believe the discounts that you get.
The most interesting this about the discount is that it is on a lot of stuff that they don't sell in the store. Many times I go right to the manufacturers and flatly just ask.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I've bought a couple of items from Bud's (veteran). The pricing was very good on those two items.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

295 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 16penny, 2ndwind, 204guy, 1minute, 39 invisible), 2,348 guests, and 1,026 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,168
Posts18,465,353
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.