Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
ctsmith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Pappy348
The lesson here is, if you find an item of clothing that you really like, buy another one right away. Keep one in reserve or rotate them to make them last longer.

I agree, and buy a lot more than one if possible.

For kicks I am about to order a larger sized waist and see if the cut in the thighs will better. I have my doubts that overall fit will be sufficient, but can return them too if need be.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Calvin
The skinnier jeans are better for hiking through dense brush. Less material flapping around to get snagged on something.

I agree with this and prefer a trimmer cut but, only with 4 way stretch material, due to my build. Another side note - my Marmot, Kryptek, and Kuiu pants are all quiet enough for me to bow hunt in, too.

The old style microtex is too baggy for me, though they are much quieter than anything short of wool or fleece.

Hands down favorite pants were the old Sitka Mountain Pants which are of course no longer made.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I just got a pair of LL bean whipcord wool pants. They have a nice roomy fit. I expect to get many years of use out of them. The Bean pants are about the last ones left.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Sitka pants are cut tight in the thighs too. Built for girly men I suppose.

Most guys who drop the coin for sitka pants are in pretty good shape.

I'm in great shape, a hole. But I lift, and squats will give you quads. So....

You are the one calling guys who fit into sitka pants "girly men". You can be in excellent shape, at your ideal body weight for hunting, and have plenty of room in the skinnier cut of pants. I love my first lite hunting pants. It doesn't get cut any skinnier that that.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Mountain Hardware "Piero" pants are what I replaced my old-school Micro-tex with. No, they're not quite as quiet. But, they fit very similar to the old ones. They have a bit of stretch and are virtually the same regarding what temp ranges they work well in, including using the same base layers at the same temps I was used to. They've got a pretty functional DWR coating as well.

I say again, they are NOT as quiet as Micro-tex though.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The old style is a bit baggy, but it's nice to have room for heavy fleece under them when it's cooold.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
C
ctsmith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
I wear a 35/36 waist. Ordered the 38s and they fit acceptably. The legs are not as free as the previous generous cut but much better than the 36's. Regarding the oversized wasit, I can slide them off buttoned and zipped but a belt can fix that I recon.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ctsmith
I wear a 35/36 waist. Ordered the 38s and they fit acceptably. The legs are not as free as the previous generous cut but much better than the 36's. Regarding the oversized wasit, I can slide them off buttoned and zipped but a belt can fix that I recon.

Try suspenders. IMO, they work better.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Take them to a seamstress and get adjustable button tabs on the waist then add suspender buttons while your at it.

If I ever wear out what I currently have I am going for the First Light Merino wool Pants.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1eyedmule, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 54 invisible), 2,686 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,566
Posts18,453,797
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.