Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Wtxj

We lived in a slightly shorter 12 foot for yeras.

Obviously it all has to be done correctly and would have to be continually fed, but wouldn't be an issue with me, I don't sleep more than an hour or so at a time anyway....

Follow sizing and all safety issues its no different than using wood in any other place.

We haven't used any kind other than wood heat in so long I can't recall... maybe it was in the early 90s that we went to wood.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Might check out four dog stoves. They are made for outfitter tents and such but might work for what you want to do. Big enough to burn a while but not to big for small spaces. Have easy to take down stacks etc for when you are on the move. Might also get some good dope from them on how to plumb it in.

Deserve's got nuthin to do with it- Willam H Munny
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Have you looked into the "portable buddy" heaters? I've run a "big buddy" in my tent camper, and tent for the last 10 years or so. I can make it through a 10 day hunt on 2 x 30lb bottles, as long as I keep the temps reasonable (45 to 50 degrees) inside the camper or tent. The camper furnace seems to use quite a bit more propane (not to mention battery life, and being noisy as hell) to accomplish the same thing. I'd think an enclosed RV, even though considerably larger, wouldn't use much more since it is better insulated than a tent or popup camper.

CO detectors are a must have of course, be it a portable heater, or the RV furnace. I run two of the things, one clipped / mounted at bed level, and another clipped / mounted to the top of the tent or camper. Along with plenty of ventilation.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
CO2 is a normal byproduct of combustion. CO is formed when a fire doesn't get enough oxygen. Then it emits CO instead of CO2. If the room is too tight, enough O2 can be used up to cause the fire to emit CO instead of CO2. If you breathe CO, it will replace the O2 in your red blood cells. Once that happens, the cell is useless. When you lose enough of them, you die.
Stoves designed for tight mobile homes have an air source from outside so no room air is used for combustion. Those designed to sit against an outside wall might have an intake pipe around the exhaust pipe which both heats the incoming air for better combustion plus making a double wall exhaust pipe. Other types might have an air intake pipe coming through the floor from the crawlspace.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If you have room for that you might want to consider a pellet stove instead. A little safer than a wood stove and it's awful nice just to put in a bag of pellets once every day or two.

Most of the pellet stoves are approved for installation in a mobile home. they also have a feature where they can use the outside air for combustion.

Good luck and stay safe.

BTW, how is your brother doing?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by DaveR
Have you looked into the "portable buddy" heaters? I've run a "big buddy" in my tent camper, and tent for the last 10 years or so. I can make it through a 10 day hunt on 2 x 30lb bottles

IMHO that's a lot of propane...I mounted a catalytic propane heater in my last travel trailer & they produce a heck of a lot of water vapor...I'm pretty well sold on getting a small wood burner & as long as it's put in right, I don't think I'll have a problem....I usually have to get up around 2 a.m. to let the dogs out, so re stoking shouldn't be a problem. When I get it all set up & done, I'll post pics & let everybody know how it's working out.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
wood burner in an R Vee. now that right there is redneckin' i can appreciate.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag
If you have room for that you might want to consider a pellet stove instead. A little safer than a wood stove and it's awful nice just to put in a bag of pellets once every day or two.

Most of the pellet stoves are approved for installation in a mobile home. they also have a feature where they can use the outside air for combustion.

Good luck and stay safe.

This, along with the advise from Rock Chuck are solid. Air tight pellet stove with outside air intake just can not be beat!

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
as long as you have electricity for the auger and blower.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah. That could be a problem for sure so back to just an air tight stick wood burner.

How's the coyote population down in your neck of the woods?

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
There is a small wood burning stove made for boats. The Dickenson Newport. I have seen several installed in motor homes and travel trailers.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Fire and gasoline, I would pass sounds to risky.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by jeffdwhite
If this guy can put one in a Volvo, anything is possible smile
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Good Lord... eek

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In my last house I used one of these for a couple of years and it really saved on my fuel oil bill, which at the time was 4.00+ dollars a gallon.

Wasn't perfect and it had a few quirks from time to time, but overall worked well. I had picked it up for 600.00 new out of box. Retail is around 1200.00.

I used it for two years and two years later sold it for 500.00 and that person was happy with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPvV-IJb1DU

Life is just one damned thing after another
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why not a small Toyostove or Monitor with integral fuel tank?

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
stove in the duck blind

[Linked Image]

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Yeah. That could be a problem for sure so back to just an air tight stick wood burner.

How's the coyote population down in your neck of the woods?

Coyotes are pretty thick between here & the valley, but it's mostly private...a few parcels of BLM.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
http://www.amazon.com/Dickinson-Marine-00-NEWSF-Newport-Heater/dp/B007PS3GGU/?tag=lege1-20

Not bad and you could get all the other stuff needed. I'm sure by next spring they will be back in stock.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Wtxj
http://www.amazon.com/Dickinson-Marine-00-NEWSF-Newport-Heater/dp/B007PS3GGU/?tag=lege1-20

Not bad and you could get all the other stuff needed. I'm sure by next spring they will be back in stock.
Just google the stove name and model. Amazon isn't the only one who carries (carried) them and they aren't the cheapest.
It looks like a good stove although kind of ugly.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (270cowboy, 1minute, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 280shooter, 204guy, 64 invisible), 2,105 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,751
Posts18,457,834
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.