Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 84 of 175 1 2 82 83 84 85 86 174 175
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's embroidered, thank you.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Gene, do you just type whatever the Holy Spirit leads you to say?

1st its the tax payers, now its the insurance company.

I believe it is likely that you post whatever will illicit the most subjective response...."

No, Grasshopper........ No.

The Ins. Co. pays out the big bucks and the County pays its' deductible.

You with me so far?

Now, since Ins. Companies like to stay in business which means making a profit, ALL payouts come out of the pockets of policyholders in the form of premiums.

I sort of think that you already knew that, and that the Holy Spirit just showed you an opening to chastise someone who disagrees with you about cops in general, and these two cops in particular.

I don't mind. It keeps the thread alive.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Sorry........

FWIW, mine is as well. Has been since I was a room. I do have a "real one" for my belt and jacket (that's the thing you wear outside, when it's cold).

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Your PM box is full

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570

I sort of think that you already knew that, and that the Holy Spirit just showed you an opening to chastise someone who disagrees with you about cops in general, and these two cops in particular.

I don't mind. It keeps the thread alive.

Well its a nice stretch, but you know the intent at the time was to put the taxpayers on the direct hook, for subjective reasons, and now you aim to show that there will be no repercussions to the issue, for subjective reasons.

And no, its not because you disagree about cops; its because you selectively embrace due process.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not anymore. smile

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by mirage243

It must be an awesome feeling to wake up every morning and pin the badge on and say to yourself, "if I really f*ck up bad today and kill a sumbitch, nothing will happen to me"

Not as awesome as knowing I get paid to do it.

And you wonder why the public has a disdain for some cops.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by NH K9
Sorry........

FWIW, mine is as well. Has been since I was a room. I do have a "real one" for my belt and jacket (that's the thing you wear outside, when it's cold).

I've got a real one in my wallet...by my DL. laugh

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Most local governments (city and county) are self insured.

The money for payouts come directly from taxpayer dollars.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

It must be an awesome feeling to wake up every morning and pin the badge on and say to yourself, "if I really f*ck up bad today and kill a sumbitch, nothing will happen to me"

Not as awesome as knowing I get paid to do it.

And you wonder why the public has a disdain for some cops.

And you wonder why it rains sheit on you everyday

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Hey Sheithead, go back in your hole, no one is talking to you.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Hey Sheithead, go back in your hole, no one is talking to you.

Apparently you are!

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't like to stretch out quotes on the off chance that anyone other than the two us reads this exchange, so I'll trust you to consider this as responsive to your posts:

I do not believe these two deputies had ANY good cause to shoot Mr. Yantis.

I believe that the laws encompassing this sort of event are so slanted in favor of L.E., that there will be no Justice visited on these two thugs by the Criminal Justice System.

I think that if a single Civil Suit is brought, naming the County, any other Gov't. entities, AND the Deputies as defendants, that the taxpayers are bailing the Deputies out, which is likely the last thing they want to do.

If the Plaintiff is interested only in money, this is how the deal usually ends up.

I believe Mr. Spence will get huge Judgements against these two thugs which will haunt them the rest of their lives.

All this is predicated on my belief that the citizens of Mr. Yantis's home County view this whole event pretty much as I do.

If they have YOUR viewpoint........... God help them. grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I believe that the laws encompassing this sort of event are so slanted in favor of L.E., that there will be no Justice visited on these two thugs by the Criminal Justice System.

What crime did these deputies commit?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Most local governments (city and county) are self insured.

The money for payouts come directly from taxpayer dollars.

Since you said "most", I'm not disagreeing with you by noting that when the Archer County Sheriff screwed a female prisoner in his care, The County paid its 100k deductible and the Ins. Co paid 900k to settle it for the max. under the policy.

I suspect that the policy is written out of a pool administered by the State, but it is structured like any other ins. policy with a max limit and a deductible.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

None, in the eyes of Law Enforcement.

So, the question becomes what wrongs did they visit on the Yantis family and what is appropriate recompense.

I answered your question, now you answer the one I just posed.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

So, the question becomes what wrongs did they visit on the Yantis family and what is appropriate recompense.

Wrongs must first be proven in a court room and at this point that has not been done, making your question hypothetical

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Lots of questions remain, but to answer your question directly, I don't know. You see, people can be injured without a crime being committed. It happens every day.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That was EXACTLY the point I was making.

I'm just going a step farther and saying that just on the basis of facts not being contested, the Deputies did a terrible wrong to Mr, Yantis and his family.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Maybe.

Page 84 of 175 1 2 82 83 84 85 86 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
635 members (007FJ, 257Bob, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 68 invisible), 2,837 guests, and 1,424 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,655
Posts18,399,259
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.