Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 85 of 175 1 2 83 84 85 86 87 174 175
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Based solely on what you know about the uncontested facts around the event:

S.O. calls rancher for help.

He shows up and is shot to death by the two deputies at the scene.

His Wife and others are prevented from going to him and are treated roughly and handcuffed.

Would you consider hiring them in your Dep't after they are cleared in the investigation?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Maybe.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Wrongs must first be proven in a court room and at this point that has not been done, making your question hypothetical"

You don't usually make stupid statements so I'll give you a chance to amend it.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by curdog4570
"Wrongs must first be proven in a court room and at this point that has not been done, making your question hypothetical"

You don't usually make stupid statements so I'll give you a chance to amend it.

Both criminal and or civil wrongs must be proven in court to have legal ramifications.. You dissagree with this?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

His Wife and others are prevented from going to him and are treated roughly and handcuffed.

Would you consider hiring them in your Dep't after they are cleared in the investigation?

One should not have been hired in the first place and none of this would have happened if the deputy did not grab Jack when he was ready to fire.

There way, bullets were flying everywhere instead of one bullet in the bulls head.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"to have legal ramifications."

Nice amendment.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by logcutter

One should not have been hired in the first place and none of this would have happened if the deputy did not grab Jack when he was ready to fire.

There way, bullets were flying everywhere instead of one bullet in the bulls head.

Which is why I believe any transgression on Mr. Yantis's part was strictly verbal.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Which is why I believe any transgression on Mr. Yantis's part was strictly verbal.

I would agree with that but his nephew said he did not see them talking.

What would a rancher have to say to two idiots that just riddled his bull with bullets failing to kill it?Jack was known for reloading and long range accuracy....

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Is this Deputy Brian Wood originally from Texas? Because, if it were the same Brian Wood, then, yeah, he definitely has some skeletons in his closet from other departments.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
To be fair,it said he left the department for a confidential personal matter..

This morning's McCall Star News reports that 79-year-old Rodney Whaley filed the claim following the incident, in which he said he was "forcefully seized by the arms and slammed to the hood of a police car, causing him to lose consciousness." Whaley was taken by ambulance to St. Luke's Hospital in McCall and was later booked into the Valley County Jail for resisting and obstructing officers. The charges were later dismissed.

The Star News said Whaley claimed to have suffered four bruised ribs and later developed pneumonia and a staph infection.

McCall Police Officer Brian Wood was involved in the incident. Wood left the department in November 2011, but city officials said his departure was a confidential personnel matter.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

This morning's McCall Star News reports that 79-year-old Rodney Whaley filed the claim following the incident, in which he said he was "forcefully seized by the arms and slammed to the hood of a police car, causing him to lose consciousness." Whaley was taken by ambulance to St. Luke's Hospital in McCall and was later booked into the Valley County Jail for resisting and obstructing officers. The charges were later dismissed.

The Star News said Whaley claimed to have suffered four bruised ribs and later developed pneumonia and a staph infection.

McCall Police Officer Brian Wood was involved in the incident. Wood left the department in November 2011, but city officials said his departure was a confidential personnel matter.

I would not be surprised to find that the "personal confidential" matter was the formation of a local lynch mob to retaliate for his abuse. No doubt resigning preserved his ability to lateral and become another departments problem.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That's personnel not personal. Big difference.

Personnel involves HR, management, and possibly disciplinary matters.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BarryC

Personnel involves HR, management, and possibly disciplinary matters.
Exactly. Whomever was quoted was just saying they were not at liberty to elaborate with more details due to Brian Wood's rights as an employee-that personnel matters are confidential.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They may be confidential due to an agreement, contract, court order or....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd still like to know if it's the same dude.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

In Texas [at least] an employment record is confidential...period.

"Are they eligible for re-hire" is one question that is permitted, but most companies refuse to give anything other than dates of employment.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Yup..Bad Jayco...I was walking out the door as I posted that without reading the quote right. Personal/personnel..Either way quite a coincidence right after McCall had to fork out almost 15 grand for his actions in roughing up a 79 year old.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
See what autocorrection gets you! smile

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

In Texas [at least] an employment record is confidential...period.

Not if it involves a governmental record subject to open records requests, such as an offense report.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think we've established the fact over the years that my career was in private business, and that's what I spoke to.

I'm quite sure that L.E. can look into a personnel record of a private employee, for that matter.

But not a newspaper reporter, as is the case with this topic.

Page 85 of 175 1 2 83 84 85 86 87 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
107 members (10gaugeman, 35, 32_20fan, 257robertsimp, 338reddog, 11 invisible), 1,427 guests, and 688 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,882
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.