Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 86 of 175 1 2 84 85 86 87 88 174 175
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Some more insight on Jack from long time locals.

Several people over two days of interviews in Council said Mr. Yantis, who ran for sheriff himself seven or eight years ago but lost, was also a man who was not about to hold his tongue when he felt wronged.

“There is little doubt, residents and family members said, that Mr. Yantis was a tough man who had lived a tough outdoor life. He lost part of a toe in a logging accident, and just a few years ago when he was in his 50s — and still training horses — he broke his pelvis coming down on a saddle horn when the horse bucked.

He was a good man, he was an honest man, a hard worker, but he did have a bit of a temper,” said Bob Grossen, whose family has been in the Council area since the 1880s. “But if you know Jack, if you grew up around Jack, you know Jack would not be the person who would pull a gun on someone — I have no problem saying that.”

Mr. Yantis’s two daughters described him as a soft-spoken man who rarely raised his voice and who loved his animals. He trained his daughters in gun safety from the age of 5. His idea of Sunday worship was to head into Idaho’s back country.

“Let’s go see what God created,” he would say, his daughter Sarah Yantis, 42, recalled.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
" Mr. Yantis, who ran for sheriff himself "....... .

That's interesting. Sounds like he may have run against the current Sheriff.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Let's give Columbo three gold stars for this one...

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Zollman, the current sheriff was elected in 2012, so if Mr. Yantis ran for sheriff 8-9 years ago and lost, it probably wasn't to the current sheriff.

But there may have been some sour grapes involved at some level.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I thought an article posted here said Zollman was RE-elected in 2012 which would make the time work out.

Guess I was wrong.

Do I have to give the gold stars back?

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I thought an article posted here said Zollman was RE-elected in 2012 which would make the time work out.

Guess I was wrong.

Do I have to give the gold stars back?

They are yours to keep sir.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Seems there a little leery of cows on the road(Hwy 95) near Jacks house, as this deputy shows recently.

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
This might be how it should be done,
2-4 months to complete, yet plenty of answers.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/11/17/minneapolis-police-death/75943818/

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
This New York Times article (dated 11/18/15) discusses this incident. see: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/18/u...-says-it-was-murder.html?ref=us&_r=0

Keep in mind that the deputies were local men who reflected local values; they weren't big city cops with different values. Many (not all) who've posed in this thread have never been to Idaho, or Adams County, or Council and, might be a little fast in condemning the shooting. Let's wait until the investigations are through and a report published.

IC B3

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Most local governments (city and county) are self insured.

The money for payouts come directly from taxpayer dollars.

Which makes personnel selection, evaluation and training EXTREMELY important. Or, you pay for the consequences of sloppy hiring.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
“We are in a lose-lose situation, not just for the sheriff’s office, but the community,” Sheriff Zollman said. No matter what happens with the state and federal investigations, he said, “there are always going to be people who say we should have acted differently.”

Say's it all right there!

Phil

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Local men who reflected local values? Doesn't sound like that to me. My experience with rural Idahonians ( born there, lived there got family from top to bottom) would suggest that shooting private citizens because they won't bow down isn't likely to reflect local values. GD

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by djs
This New York Times article (dated 11/18/15) discusses this incident. see: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/18/u...-says-it-was-murder.html?ref=us&_r=0

Keep in mind that the deputies were local men who reflected local values; they weren't big city cops with different values. Many (not all) who've posed in this thread have never been to Idaho, or Adams County, or Council and, might be a little fast in condemning the shooting. Let's wait until the investigations are through and a report published.
What? You didn't even read one page of this thread did you?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He probably read a few posts from the Idaho guys then went to the NY Times to get THE REAL STORY.

It's how he rolls.

Or you could say that it's an example of HIS "local values".

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by djs

What about those that have been to Idaho, council or even the Yantis ranch? Can we have an opinion?

If by representing local values you mean beating old men and losing your job only to be hired by another department where the same cop kills an unarmed man....well I don't think those are good values nor do they represent the community's values.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Local values?......good folks and sorry folks can be found most anywhere.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by djs

You sound PARTICULARLY, "inside the beltway" with this jewel of jewels.

I agree,....you did NOT read this thread before delivering this blither, did you ?

Simple yes or no will suffice.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I have no desire to read the whole thread has this cop been charged with murder yet or do white lives not matter.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by fredIII
I have no desire to read the whole thread has this cop been charged with murder yet or do white lives not matter.

No charges yet and no release of their names either.

Apparently this incident is more difficult to investigate than the Paris bombings.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 86 of 175 1 2 84 85 86 87 88 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

451 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 55 invisible), 2,893 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,558
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.