Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
With the release of the first episode of the Defending Our America series titled �Know Your Enemies and Know Yourself� the National Rifle Association (NRA) puts itself at the forefront of the shills for tyranny and empire.

http://theinternationallibertarian.blogspot.com/2014/04/know-enemy-of-liberty-national-rifle.html

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What's your problem with this? The NRA started because Union Army officers were upset Union Army conscripts weren't able to subjugate the south fast enough, they supported NFA34, GCA68, Brady, and various other programs to get the federal government more involved in the lives of civilians. Everyone supports them for those reasons, why don't you?

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I left a message on that site saying I did not want my dues and contributions going towards anything other than DIRECTLY supporting the armed American citizen. Now I know how union guys feel and I don't like it. If you are a member and agree then let the NRA know, and Brownells too.

Last edited by 5thShock; 11/01/14.
D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by 5thShock
I left a message on that site saying I did not want my dues and contributions going towards anything other than DIRECTLY supporting the armed American citizen. Now I know how union guys feel and I don't like it. If you are a member and agree then let the NRA know, and Brownells too.

Don't forget to notify Sig Sauer too. The NRA is making a mistake similar to what the left did with the peace movement. It became a grab bag of leftist causes. Turning off many non-leftists that want peace. The NRA has become a grab bag of conservative causes turning off non-conservatives who want gun rights.

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have been a NRA member for over 50 years. I am beginning to see them going the route of many of our so call Wildlife benefiting organizations where the bottom line is to milk the members for everything they can. Look at the salaries of the top three NRA Biggies. In the neighborhood of 3.75 to 4 million dollars. How many members dollars go to pay this and there are quite a few more that are pulling down a damn good salary. At this point, there are other organizations out there I am looking at to support our second amendment rights that I think are doing a good job. Just my .02.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Salaries of the top 3 NRA biggies...Sounds like a bunch of politicians in sheeps clothing if you ask me. Congress just passed a 1.1 trillion dollar spending bill...and they made sure they got their $1000/month vehicle stipend included. See any similarity?

The NRA might be a good organization, but if we really want to preserve our rights, we must educate our children and grandchildren that guns are not evil and the real world is not like Call of Duty. There are violent criminals in this country who CHOOSE to use guns in the commission of crimes.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Support your local Friends of NRA committe and keep kids behind the trigger. This is what we do. We raise money for shooting teams and youth events. It is amazing at how many shooters/hunters don't give a crap about promoting shooting to young people. There are some grumpy azz, self-centered sportsmen out there. We go out at raise money using a soft sell method and still get growled at by these grumpy old coots amd self-centered tattooed up types.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Friends of the NRA sounds more like it. I started feeling queasy about Big NRA when I got the ad for the Wine Club. Somebody convinced corporate that they could become our preferred LifeStyle Destination. I'm still a member though,

Last edited by 5thShock; 02/10/15.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Friends of the NRA sounds more like it. I started feeling queasy about Big NRA when I got the ad for the Wine Club. Somebody convinced corporate that they could become our preferred LifeStyle Destination. I'm still a member though,

I personally have no problem with the NRA's raising money through commercial offerings. If you do not want the wine, the lapel pins, the items advertised in the magazines, etc., you do not have to buy them.

It takes a lot of money and talent to be such an effective lobbying organization. This is not the oil industry or the others that are supporting free immigration to supply cheaper labor. Those interests can come up with real money. The NRA does it through advertising and individual members.

If anyone thinks that the NRA is a tool of the shooting industry, take a look at how penurious that industry really is. Aside from a few like Kimber, very few of them provide much advertising support.

LaPierre and his aides are awfully effective and are worth what they get. grin

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
IC B3

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
The left HATE the NRA....that tells me that they are doing their job

D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by TINCANBANDIT
The left HATE the NRA....that tells me that they are doing their job

Problem is that the left is as lost as the right. When libertarians like myself oppose the NRA you know they're doing the wrong job well, supporting tyranny & empire.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The NRA is not what I would like it to be, however it's a lot better than nothing. I've had discussions with my kid about tyranny and empire. And discussions about rough and brutal allies who can fight. Like the Soviets when America needed the terrible fury they could bring. I'm still a member

D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
The NRA is not what I would like it to be, however it's a lot better than nothing. I've had discussions with my kid about tyranny and empire. And discussions about rough and brutal allies who can fight. Like the Soviets when America needed the terrible fury they could bring. I'm still a member

The NRA is but a moderate gun control group. I've talked to NRA members who are all for background checks & licensing gun dealers. Add to that their militarism & support for a police state & I'd say they do more harm than good. There are reasons why only 4 million gun owners choose to join the NRA out of 100 + million of us.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Four out of one hundred. That's a strong and troubling argument Mr. Wolf. Since groups are power, is there any organization around that you would endorse? Something with a track record in legislative and electoral matters.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
This whole conversation reminds me of the anti-vaccination crowd.

They have forgotten and lost sight of what polio really looks like.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by darrenlobo
...the National Rifle Association (NRA) puts itself at the forefront of the shills for tyranny and empire...

Get lost.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Four out of one hundred. That's a strong and troubling argument Mr. Wolf. Since groups are power, is there any organization around that you would endorse? Something with a track record in legislative and electoral matters.

The NRA has a track record of supporting gun control laws so I'm not sure that such a track record is always a good thing. I'm a member of Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership http://jpfo.org/ I'd rather fight the battle for people's minds, politicians are too sleazy for me.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I think the JPFO is a good organization to support and I am not Jewish.
I am also a Life member of NRA, if anything I think they are to moderate and to willing to compromise.
Much better than nothing!

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Sounds like the OP has an agenda to drive. Until someone else comes forth to defend the 2A, they will continue to get my support. I suggest others do the same.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
476 members (10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 44 invisible), 2,187 guests, and 1,004 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,160
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.