Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Yeti coolers are stupid expensive, heavy as hell, and badass.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Count me in the "most bang for your buck" category. We just got a couple of the 150 qt. Coleman Marine Extremes (w/ stainless steel hardware) for $100 ea. at Coleman. I saw a 160 qt. Yeti yesterday for $680. I didn't know they came with accessories available. A seat cushion for the lid was $180. As rough as we are on coolers, I don't see a Yeti outlasting 6 or 7 of the Coleman's. We rarely have to buy ice anyway. To each his own.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Techsan
Yeti coolers are stupid expensive, heavy as hell, and badass.

That sums it up pretty well.....

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Bama_Rick
Count me in the "most bang for your buck" category. We just got a couple of the 150 qt. Coleman Marine Extremes (w/ stainless steel hardware) for $100 ea. at Coleman. I saw a 160 qt. Yeti yesterday for $680. I didn't know they came with accessories available. A seat cushion for the lid was $180. As rough as we are on coolers, I don't see a Yeti outlasting 6 or 7 of the Coleman's. We rarely have to buy ice anyway. To each his own.

If it were not for the ability to hold ice quite a bit longer in certain instances, I"m with you totally... run other coolers and can replace.

Though Coleman/igloo rarely last more than a few years for us lately. If the replacment hinges etc... were not half the cost of a new cooler sometimes it would make sense.

Why Coleman/igloo couldn't toughen their parts, and coolers and then give em double thick insualtion, for only double the cost and beat the heck out of the big boys is beyond me.

I'm still liking my 100 engel though I got somewhere a long while back for 120 bucks... Its outlasted 2 new igloos so far.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
How do the Pelicans compare to the Yeti?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
A buddy won a pelican a while back.

He used it the first time a month ago. Put ice and such in his big coleman.

And iced his beer in the pelican. For some reason the beer had a bit of slush in it in the pelican which I don't understand.

The ice in it stayed all weekend. THe ice bags we used in the coleman were partially, like 15-25% melted.

IMHO all the "industrial" coolers are about teh same. BUt I have not run a side by side obviously but if you simply look at them, they run the same theory.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

All I know is that I will put water in my Yeti and in less than 2 hours it has turned into ice...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I see HEB here is selling their own coolers. Look a lot like a YETI but sell for about 75% of YETI.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a yeti on my boat. Works as a seat and casting platform.

I put ice in on Friday afternoon and fish til Sunday early evening and the ice is still in there. In July every day was triple digits for the month.

Yeah it's expensive but nothing I've ever used has lasted or functioned as well.

I put a boned out wild hog in it in California last sept. Drive two days home with some ice poured over the top. The cubes were still frozen together in big clumps when we got home.

The best bang for the buck especially flying home with meat is the nor chill marine cooler bag.

Left marathon Florida at 5am. ( 8 pacific) drive two hours plus to Miami flew to Atlanta layover there. connected to Portland or. arrived at 9 pm drove 3.5 hours home and that 28 pounds of fish filets was as hard as rock after 16-18 hours of travel.

This is the best soft cooler ever!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Google "rtic" brand. If I was looking for a yeti style, I'd probably go with them. Though only 3 sizes now, 1/2 the price. Free shipping, no tax.

Manufacturer direct, not sold in stores.

Makes you wonder how of the cost of a yeti comes from advertising and sponsorships.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks like Big Dave is on to something. Buy the RTIC and use the 50% savings to buy a boatload os ice!

I'm better when I move.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Another happy Yeti owner here. I covered the bottom of mine with a layer of canned beer and filled it up with ice at 0700 on Friday the 13th and it still has ice today. Some of the Coleman and Igloo guys were needing ice by the following Sunday. Same place, same conditions. I'm not promoting Yeti, buy what you want, but they work well. If you used one everyday on the job, its probably worth it. Any discount would be welcome!

lightman
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Its 15% of their price on the website, so I guess 15% off MSRP.

NRA Benefactor Member
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
that video is pretty unscientific. First of all the sizes are not the same, so you would expect the RTIC to last longer with more ice mass. Secondly, did they open and shut them at the exact same time? Without knowing, you cannot determine if it was a fair test. Maybe it was. I just dont know. It did appear to be very similar, however. And at half the price, they are intriguing.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by shrapnel

All I know is that I will put water in my Yeti and in less than 2 hours it has turned into ice...

I saw an article where a yeti cooler was in a truck fire. The cooler sustained quit a bit of melted damage on the outside, but the ice inside was still solid.
But what was really amazing, is the cooler actually pulled the driver from the burning wreckage and administered CPR until the medics arrived.
Never heard of no igloo doin that!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by garyh9900
They've moth balled the program due to high retail demand, but they expect it to be up an running again by 2016, so hopefully another month or so and they will be back at it. But i'm curious as to the pricing.

People with big mouths are the reason most deals are shut down, not retail demand.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Sams Clubs sells an Iglo Sportsman that is a roto-molded yeti knock-off for $200 bucks. Very well built, 90% as good as the $400 Yeti. My buddy runs one daily in the back of his truck. I have 2 yetis right now and have bought over 20 of them. At full retail I am not sure I would buy them, at a discount, they are great. I am sick of the chitty hinges on cheap coolers. They last me one season and become 2-piece coolers. Yeti does NOT support the warranty on their previous coolers- only the Tundra. I suppose in a couple of years when the come out with an updated model they will not warranty the Tundras. I don't like that. When I pay big bucks for a life time warranty, I expect it to be for the life of me- not the life of the cooler!

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Big deal. I hear that happens a lot in MT, even faster with cheapo Igloos. Especially in winter.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Pelican vs. Yeti

In my opinion, it really comes down to personal preference. I have a Pelican 95, my brother has a Yeti 75.

They are both very good.

Yeti is a bit more expensive, both are heavy as hell, both keep ice for a long, long time....

Personally, I like the latches on the Pelican. My brother prefers the latches on his Yeti.

Just my two cents

Last edited by m1919; 11/28/15.
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I have some yeti products and they work much better than what I had before. All of the yeti tumblers and the coulster are great. You won't regret them if you spend the money. I have a small and large Yeti Tundra. Some people say a coleman extreme is comparable for keeping Ice. In my experience the yetis keep ice almost twice as long. When I am at deer camp and don't want to drive several miles to town for ice on the 3rd day the Yeti starts getting way cheaper. The convenience of having the best products when you are having fun is worth it. Just like clothes that keep you warm and dry or scopes that allow you to maximize your shooting time and ability. They are top notch gear.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (10gaugeman, 219 Wasp, 1234, 17CalFan, 22kHornet, 222Sako, 48 invisible), 3,262 guests, and 1,145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,291
Posts18,467,947
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.