Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by NE_Hunter
Originally Posted by troutfisher13111
Awesome trip report! Anticosti is high on my bucket list. Is there a agency that covers everything, guide, travel, licenses, etc?

Safari Anticosti will cover everything in the bill (travel from / to Montreal, licenses, etc. - everything except for the guides tip). Be advised that based on the current exchange rate US hunters are charged an extra 25% excluding the license. All hunters pay the same dollar price but US hunters pay in US dollars and everyone one else pays in CA dollars.

I appreciate the OP's post. Nice pictures. Interesting hunt.

But, based on the above, screw them. I wouldn't give them a damn dime if they want to price that way.

Montana MOFO
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Always look forward to this thread. YOu never disappoint . Thank you

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Always look forward to this thread. YOu never disappoint . Thank you

This....x100

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks everyone. I never considered Safari Anticosti for many reasons. If we weren't so happy with Sepaq I "might" consider Lac Genevieve, or Cerf -Sau outfitters.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Last time I flew into Anticosti both Safari and Sepaq hunters were on the jet. Lots of repeat customers for both coming and going. All seemed pleased to me. I am hoping to re-book with Safari for a November hunt and rattle in a buck for the first time.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Cheap ass Canucks. For almost almost $4K per you'd think they could put out a [bleep] apple.

Yeah, particularly with the extra 30% they made this year, due to the exchange rate !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I always look forward to this one. Thanks for bringing us along again!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
S
SSB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Congrats and great post again LBK! I too look forward to this thread every year....

We eat organic in our house, we just have to shoot and gut it first.....
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
As I get older all these kind words really humble me. The fact is, I REALLY appreciate my wife WANTING to go. She is not patronizing me. She really appreciates hunting deer. Be the good Lord willing, we'll have another year. She made me pay for the entire trip upfront because the exchange was so much in our favor. I told he to be patient, it will keep going. We paid when it was $1.33-1 now it's $1.37-1. I'm just keeping my mouth shut.

Last edited by Longbeardking; 12/12/15.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
LBK I'd LOVE for my wife to hunt with me. I also really love this annual thread and seeing what a beautiful place the island is. Really happy to hear you were both successful again.

IC B3

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Steve, you're just lucky she lets you go along on these hunting trips. grin grin grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is one of the hunt reports that I look forward to every year! Thanks for sharing it again

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
The hunt gives me something to look forward to every year. I know I'm lucky to have a wife that enjoys the hunt, but she also enjoys being severed her meals, not having to clean up afterwards, and having to make a bed. It's a win win situation. I just hope next year there's a little less rain. Thanks everyone for the replies and the interest in the posting. Be the good Lord willing, there'll be another trip next year. At least the trip is all paid for now. If I croak between now and then someone will have a free trip. grin grin grin

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by efw
LBK I'd LOVE for my wife to hunt with me. I also really love this annual thread and seeing what a beautiful place the island is. Really happy to hear you were both successful again.

I apologize for the lack of a post last year. The last two years have been tough ones. 2 years ago it was severe flooding for the most part. Last year things were better, but my wife and I only filled one tag each. She only had a decent chance at the one deer she killed. I got an easy 6 pointer with my deceased father's Remington model 740 semi-auto in 30-06. That rifle got passed down to my son and my father never killed anything with it. My wife killed her bull moose with it in 1992 and my son insisted I kill something with it before I give it to him. So I did and he is happy. I missed TOW VERY easy shots with my Savage 1899B in 25-25 and it was my own darn fault. Over zealous and over confidence were the two contributing factors. Sad to see all the pictures are gone. I really don't know if I am up to the task of posting photos using the photo gallery. It seems VERY tome consuming. Thanks all for the kind words over the years.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
I missed TOW VERY easy shots with my Savage 1899B in 25-25 and it was my own darn fault. Over zealous and over confidence were the two contributing factors. Sad to see all the pictures are gone. I really don't know if I am up to the task of posting photos using the photo gallery. It seems VERY tome consuming. Thanks all for the kind words over the years.

Well, there we have it - the first documented miss in the history of the campfire. laugh

I look forward to your hunt post each year and encourage you to get up to snuff on picts. blush

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
LBK, I also enjoy your stories and pics from Anticosti.
Try this for pics, way easier.

http://postimages.org

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I look forward to your Anticosti posts , the fire would not be the same without them.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
SKane, Tom264, Oldelkhunter.....................................Folks like you really warm my heart. Especially with the fix the country is putting itself in today. My wife and I will do our BEST to provide an interesting read on our Anticosti adventure this year. Thanks all for the kind words.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes, LBK, we need #15 !!!!

smile

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I also look forward to your posts. It's been a dream of mine since I was a little kid to go to Anticosti and hunt deer. If you don't get the pics up, I'd love to hear some stories from this past season.

Camp is where you make it.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 007FJ, 45 invisible), 2,658 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,506
Posts18,452,593
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.