Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
It is hard to believe another year is gone. As is every year, this one was VERY different. Last year we were belly button deep in snow. This year, most of where we hunted was totally flooded. It rained and rained HARD for 3 of the 4 days. I killed the ONLY deer I saw in 4 days. Normally we see 30+ deer in any given day.

At any rate this year was a year that my wife and I never had the opportunity to hunt together. The guide pretty much stayed with her to make sure she would be OK considering the conditions. She also killed the only deer she had the chance at.

Day #1 I was dropped off on a trail that went on the high side of a thick stand of spruce. I walked 6.2 miles according to my GPS and never saw anything that resembled a deer. I did, however, see a spruce grouse and just couldn't go by without a picture.

[Linked Image]

On the way back to the lodge in the afternoon we had the most beautiful sunset you could ever want to see and we all thought, "red sky at night, sailor's delight". Well I call BS on that.

[Linked Image]

Because for the next 3 days it rained buckets. Everything flooded. The rivers rose to a very dangerous level. We had a pair of hunters that were Quebec residents. They could go anywhere they wanted without being assigned an area bu the guide. They both crossed the Platte River while it was still low and passable. They hunted during the day and one of them came out and saw the river rising. He jumped on the 4 wheeler and headed back. The other one was still in the woods and came out later in the afternoon and the river was impassable. He had no radio or survival gear with him. Darkness came and there was no contact. The guides all gathered and headed out. The built a HUGE fire on the bank and fired a rifle. These guides are the best. They had a cannon to fire a rope across the river. A couple guides got across the river and got to the hunter at about 7PM. They got him back and into the lodge by about 9. His rain gear was shredded and he had a few scratches. He was soaked to the bone.

[Linked Image]

He commenced to strip the wet clothes and get warmed up.

My wife sat on the stairs and watched the show.

[Linked Image]

It was an interesting first day to say the least.

Day 2 came with yet more rain. It rained so hard, I had to take my glasses off just to be able to unobstructed vision. I had rain gear on and eventually the rain wicked down anywhere possible. I kept my scope as clear as possible. Becaust to the Stith set up scope caps are not possible. I used a zip lock bag over the eye piece. It was another day of a 6 mile+ walk. I eventually met up with my wife at the blind where she was sitting. I told here that I was returning to get my 4 wheeler and headed back up the hill. I had gotten less than a hundred yards from her and couldn't believe my eyes. There in front of me less than 40 yards was a deer looking at me. I ripped off the zip lock, put the rifle to me shoulder and could just barely see through the old Lyman scope with just the post with no cross hair. I fired and could tell the bullet hit home HARD. The deer jumped and disappeared. It went maybe 3 jumps and got about 30 yards and piled up. The rifle is a pre-war (1939) 99RS in .300 Sav shooting a Hornady 150 grain flat base spire point.

[Linked Image]

As I said, that was the only deer I saw in 4 days.

My wife got lucky on the morning of the 4th day. The rain had turned to snow and sleet overnight. She was hunting the coast with the guide.

He placed her at this tree stand.

[Linked Image]

She was there for an hour or so and saw movement and a little over a hundred yards. A deer had stepped into the opening in the center of the picture.

[img]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/longbeardking/IMG_3353_zpsrtrfpbsi.jpg[/img]

One shot was all it took to make a happy hunter out of my wife.

[img]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/longbeardking/IMG_3367_zpssazjpth5.jpg[/img]

The guide took care of the field dressing with the help of the red fox. Foxes really are plentiful and brazen at the same time.

[img]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/longbeardking/IMG_3376_zpsoct8v2dm.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/longbeardking/IMG_3375_zpssqktdjul.jpg[/img]

I apologize for so many pictures but just click the links and they'll be there.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Been waiting for your thread. Always one of the best Deer threads of the year. Congrats to both of you on the Deer and staying in the downpour. Nice work!!!!

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My wife got lucky on the morning of the 4th day. The rain had turned to snow and sleet overnight. She was hunting the coast with the guide.

He placed her at this tree stand.

[Linked Image]

She was there for an hour or so and saw movement and a little over a hundred yards. A deer had stepped into the opening in the center of the picture.

[Linked Image]

One shot was all it took to make a happy hunter out of my wife.

[Linked Image]

The guide took care of the field dressing with the help of the red fox. Foxes really are plentiful and brazen at the same time.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I apologize for so many pictures but just click the links and they'll be there.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
An awesome and iconic hunt.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
With the rain and wind, 4 wheeling dot a little dicey.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

With a little pushing and pulling I got it under the trail block.

[Linked Image]

I never saw such a tame partridge. It just sat there and watched.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Nice Bucks! good tale told! sounds like you two earned the vension this year!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Great show.. Well done..

Molon Labe
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Great pics. 👍

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LBK I always look forward to your Anticosti hunt reports. Looks like you folks did well in tough conditions.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I really apologize for the report this year. Over the years we've been spoiled, and this year was a reminder that deer rule. They hunkered down and it is impossible to get into the thick spruces and root them out. When you normally see 30-40 deer a DAY, this year I saw ONE deer in FOUR days. Sepaq is really pinching pennies and that doesn't help with attitudes in general. We are all booked up for next year in spite of everything.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No apologies needed! A great hunt, whether you saw tons of deer or not. You'll always be able to tell tales of the high water year!

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Cool again.

How are they 'pinching pennies?'

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
First off, the food was cut WAY back. Cold cut sandwiches for lunches, not fruit or veggies, packages nut bars. In the past lunches were FAR better. For the folks that did house keeping cabins (European plan), they used to be able to call ahead to the store on the island and pre order their food and just pick it up when they arrive. This year they had to do their own shopping and that held everyone up getting to their camps. No gun storage on the ATV's. The guides had to to the driving to and from the airports. In the past they had driver's and the guides had a day off to do the maintenance on the machines and blinds, clear trails etc. The prices on everything went up again. HOWEVER, we are all returning so there's no need to whine about it. It is what it is. I still see things there that I would never see any where else.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Sorry that your experience this year wasn't on par with years past. I am glad, however to see your thread and look at the photos. I really do look forward to reading this report each fall.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
LBK: As you know I'm one of those waiting and looking forward to your thread every year!

This one was as good as the rest, even though it sounds like you've had more fun. If trips were all the same you wouldn't appreciate the good ones! grin

Anyway, Im glad you both scored well against adversity, you got some great pics and as always I enjoyed seeing this thread!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds like a great place to hunt. Congrats on you both getting deer under tough conditions. They look to be big bodied deer, love the pictures of the fox you can tell he knows the drill when hunters are around.

Gerry.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The very best kind of post...

I am also one of those who looks forward to seeing your Anticosti reports.
Would really like to hunt there myself...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
You're all right. Each and every one of you. If every walk in the field was perfect in every way, it would get boring very quickly. Those that do NOT do this, think hunting is a walk in a park killing stuff. There's just so much more to see out there is only one opens his eyes. Honestly, getting these two deer under those conditions, mean more to me than if we had just gone there and killed four deer with ease. Thanks to all of you.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Cheap ass Canucks. For almost almost $4K per you'd think they could put out a [bleep] apple.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
LBK,I always wanted to hunt Anticosti,but at 64,doubt it will happen.I really enjoyed your post and pics.To me ,the bucks that you and your wife shot under the conditions you were delt,would mean so much more than a 150" deer shot over a corn pile!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Cheap ass Canucks. For almost almost $4K per you'd think they could put out a [bleep] apple.

It's about $4100 +/- next year. I didn't want it to sound like a whine, but damn it, they used to put out bulk cheeses, apples, bananas, bags of veggies, etc. This year it was granola bars, snack packs. Cheap ass processed meat. It just wasn't right. It was sad that the chef and waitress were actually embarrassed. It was Ok and you guys make it better. Thanks.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I look coward to this bread every year and again I'm not disappointed. Thank you for sharing with us.

Camp is where you make it.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Longbeardking

It's about $4100 +/- next year. I didn't want it to sound like a whine, but damn it, they used to put out bulk cheeses, apples, bananas, bags of veggies, etc. This year it was granola bars, snack packs. Cheap ass processed meat. It just wasn't right. It was sad that the chef and waitress were actually embarrassed. It was Ok and you guys make it better. Thanks.

I'd have been asking them WTFO. Of course if people are willing to continue paying more for less there ain't much incentive for them to change.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

I'd have been asking them WTFO. Of course if people are willing to continue paying more for less there ain't much incentive for them to change.

You can't shoot the messenger and that's what I would have been doing. I boiled over when I paid the deposit for next year and I was given the contact info for SEPAQ in Quebec and bright and early on Monday morning I will be on the phone with them and also sending an email listing complaints and suggestions for whatever good it will do. If nothing else they will know how I feel.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Great post and pictures. I'm thinking of a return trip in 2016 to celebrate my 65th. Started conversations with Safari Anticosti and it will be interesting to hear what they say about the November hunts.
Do you think the lack of deer sighting was weather related, or....2014/15 winterkill?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Westernmassman
Great post and pictures. I'm thinking of a return trip in 2016 to celebrate my 65th. Started conversations with Safari Anticosti and it will be interesting to hear what they say about the November hunts.
Do you think the lack of deer sighting was weather related, or....2014/15 winterkill?

Absolutely. Some of the other camps at a little more elevation did better than Chicotte. MOST of the places we liked to hunt were absolutely flooded. This is/was a heath (meadow/field) that we used to love to hunt. This year it was a pond about 3' deep.

[Linked Image]

That milk crate is in a ground blind that washed away. The blind is where we used to sit and rattle.

[Linked Image]

This is not a very good shot, but it's the Pavillon River, just about a 20 mile 4 wheeler ride. We've shot many nice deer there. This year it was a no go.

[Linked Image]

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Thanks for the observation. I remember the misconception I had going up there my first time that there would be a deer under every tree. Took a lot of hoofing to get my two 7ptrs, but had an awesome adventure, and that's whats its all about! Right?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I recovered the bullet from the deer that I shot. It is a 150 grain Hornady spire point, weighing in at 150 grains as shot. Recovered weight was 142 grains and expanded to .884".

Load was 37.2 grains of IMR 3031 with a CCI large rifle primer. Velocity was 2475 FPS.

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Awesome trip report! Anticosti is high on my bucket list. Is there a agency that covers everything, guide, travel, licenses, etc?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Any chance you can break down the pricing? I have ben looking at going there but thought the hunt for 5 days was 12-1400 bucks.

“Lighten up Francis”
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
LBK a great story and photos as always. Congrats on an intersting hunt and making the most out of limited opportunities

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
really enjoyable story! Glad to hear you & the misses scored, and stayed safe, to boot.

What are you doing to protect the old Savage 99 from the rain? wax? Oil?

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Great read and pics.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
LBK, I don't know what those deer have to eat but that buck of your wife's is one fat son of a gun. powdr

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by troutfisher13111
Awesome trip report! Anticosti is high on my bucket list. Is there a agency that covers everything, guide, travel, licenses, etc?

Several on the island, but we have only used Sepaq Anticosti and have always been satisfied.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by micky
Any chance you can break down the pricing? I have ben looking at going there but thought the hunt for 5 days was 12-1400 bucks.

To my knowledge there are no 5 day hunts. 5 nights and 4 days of hunting and 7 nights and 6 days of hunting. Google Sepaq and call the 800 number. They will steer you straight.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
really enjoyable story! Glad to hear you & the misses scored, and stayed safe, to boot.

What are you doing to protect the old Savage 99 from the rain? wax? Oil?

NOTHING. Dry it muzzle down at the end of the day. Wipe it down and at the end of the hunt, strip it down and give it a complete cleaning. I never wax just Snake oil.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by powdr
LBK, I don't know what those deer have to eat but that buck of your wife's is one fat son of a gun. powdr

Spruce, birch, and kelp. That's about it.

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N

Safari Anticosti will cover everything in the bill (travel from / to Montreal, licenses, etc. - everything except for the guides tip). Be advised that based on the current exchange rate US hunters are charged an extra 25% excluding the license. All hunters pay the same dollar price but US hunters pay in US dollars and everyone one else pays in CA dollars.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by NE_Hunter

Safari Anticosti will cover everything in the bill (travel from / to Montreal, licenses, etc. - everything except for the guides tip). Be advised that based on the current exchange rate US hunters are charged an extra 25% excluding the license. All hunters pay the same dollar price but US hunters pay in US dollars and everyone one else pays in CA dollars.

I appreciate the OP's post. Nice pictures. Interesting hunt.

But, based on the above, screw them. I wouldn't give them a damn dime if they want to price that way.

Montana MOFO
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Always look forward to this thread. YOu never disappoint . Thank you

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Always look forward to this thread. YOu never disappoint . Thank you

This....x100

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks everyone. I never considered Safari Anticosti for many reasons. If we weren't so happy with Sepaq I "might" consider Lac Genevieve, or Cerf -Sau outfitters.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Last time I flew into Anticosti both Safari and Sepaq hunters were on the jet. Lots of repeat customers for both coming and going. All seemed pleased to me. I am hoping to re-book with Safari for a November hunt and rattle in a buck for the first time.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Yeah, particularly with the extra 30% they made this year, due to the exchange rate !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I always look forward to this one. Thanks for bringing us along again!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
S
SSB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Congrats and great post again LBK! I too look forward to this thread every year....

We eat organic in our house, we just have to shoot and gut it first.....
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
As I get older all these kind words really humble me. The fact is, I REALLY appreciate my wife WANTING to go. She is not patronizing me. She really appreciates hunting deer. Be the good Lord willing, we'll have another year. She made me pay for the entire trip upfront because the exchange was so much in our favor. I told he to be patient, it will keep going. We paid when it was $1.33-1 now it's $1.37-1. I'm just keeping my mouth shut.

Last edited by Longbeardking; 12/12/15.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
LBK I'd LOVE for my wife to hunt with me. I also really love this annual thread and seeing what a beautiful place the island is. Really happy to hear you were both successful again.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Steve, you're just lucky she lets you go along on these hunting trips. grin grin grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is one of the hunt reports that I look forward to every year! Thanks for sharing it again

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The hunt gives me something to look forward to every year. I know I'm lucky to have a wife that enjoys the hunt, but she also enjoys being severed her meals, not having to clean up afterwards, and having to make a bed. It's a win win situation. I just hope next year there's a little less rain. Thanks everyone for the replies and the interest in the posting. Be the good Lord willing, there'll be another trip next year. At least the trip is all paid for now. If I croak between now and then someone will have a free trip. grin grin grin

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by efw
LBK I'd LOVE for my wife to hunt with me. I also really love this annual thread and seeing what a beautiful place the island is. Really happy to hear you were both successful again.

I apologize for the lack of a post last year. The last two years have been tough ones. 2 years ago it was severe flooding for the most part. Last year things were better, but my wife and I only filled one tag each. She only had a decent chance at the one deer she killed. I got an easy 6 pointer with my deceased father's Remington model 740 semi-auto in 30-06. That rifle got passed down to my son and my father never killed anything with it. My wife killed her bull moose with it in 1992 and my son insisted I kill something with it before I give it to him. So I did and he is happy. I missed TOW VERY easy shots with my Savage 1899B in 25-25 and it was my own darn fault. Over zealous and over confidence were the two contributing factors. Sad to see all the pictures are gone. I really don't know if I am up to the task of posting photos using the photo gallery. It seems VERY tome consuming. Thanks all for the kind words over the years.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I missed TOW VERY easy shots with my Savage 1899B in 25-25 and it was my own darn fault. Over zealous and over confidence were the two contributing factors. Sad to see all the pictures are gone. I really don't know if I am up to the task of posting photos using the photo gallery. It seems VERY tome consuming. Thanks all for the kind words over the years.

Well, there we have it - the first documented miss in the history of the campfire. laugh

I look forward to your hunt post each year and encourage you to get up to snuff on picts. blush

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
LBK, I also enjoy your stories and pics from Anticosti.
Try this for pics, way easier.

http://postimages.org

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I look forward to your Anticosti posts , the fire would not be the same without them.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
SKane, Tom264, Oldelkhunter.....................................Folks like you really warm my heart. Especially with the fix the country is putting itself in today. My wife and I will do our BEST to provide an interesting read on our Anticosti adventure this year. Thanks all for the kind words.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes, LBK, we need #15 !!!!

smile

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I also look forward to your posts. It's been a dream of mine since I was a little kid to go to Anticosti and hunt deer. If you don't get the pics up, I'd love to hear some stories from this past season.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My wife has read this and sent me a couple pictures from last year. Posting pictures in the campfire gallery is doable. Getting them from there to here is a royal PITA. I a trying as we speak. I am also close to getting the link that Tom264 provided. I admit I'm old and trying to learn new tricks. You guys are ALL GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A post about a hunting trip is a little boring without a picture or two, Bear with me.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
See if this works.

[Linked Image]

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Longbeardking,

Add me to the list of the many who look forward to your posts!

The 'Fire isn't as friendly as it used to be (thanks to a few guys who just have to be negative or have the last word!), but you are one of the members who offsets the actions of these few jerks and keeps me coming back here!

John

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Trust me Steve, use the postimgs link. Once you upload the pic, just click the share button and copy/paste the DIRECT LINK. Make sure you have the [img]and[/img]

If you go to Use Full Editor for the reply, you can use the Insert Image Link 'button'. It looks like a scenery picture (next to the Happy Face). Once you click it you can just paste your link in the box and it automatically adds the [img] and [/img]

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Steve, you didn't use the Direct Link, copy the Direct Link

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My wife has read this and sent me a couple pictures from last year. Posting pictures in the campfire gallery is doable. Getting them from there to here is a royal PITA. I a trying as we speak. I am also close to getting the link that Tom264 provided. I admit I'm old and trying to learn new tricks. You guys are ALL GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A post about a hunting trip is a little boring without a picture or two, Bear with me.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Steve, you didn't use the Direct Link, copy the Direct Link

[Linked Image]

Thanks Scott. I'll try again

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
My guess is you are using website thumbnail

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I see it now, you were using the Thumbnails for forums

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jpb
Longbeardking,

Add me to the list of the many who look forward to your posts!

The 'Fire isn't as friendly as it used to be (thanks to a few guys who just have to be negative or have the last word!), but you are one of the members who offsets the actions of these few jerks and keeps me coming back here!

John

Thanks for the kind words.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

You are correct. But I am at work right now and am pushing my luck. I'll try again at lunch time. Thanks everyone for your patience.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

I think I have it now. Thanks everyone for the help.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Wife doesn't like the picture. It was either remove it or she was going to be the wicked wife.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
👍🏼
Now you got it.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tom264
👍🏼
Now you got it.

Thanks.

J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Your Anticosti thread is one of the few that I always look forward to here. Bucket list trip for me.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I will try to do better. My work computer has windows 7 for a system. I am so cheap that the PC I am on now is windows XP. I think I should bite the bullet and upgrade.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Add me to the list of wanting to see more of your Anticosti pics! One of these days I'm going to do that hunt.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for posting steve, I look forward to your Anticosti adventure each year as it brings back memories of my own hunts up there.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Tom264
👍🏼
Now you got it.

Thanks.

Your welcome.
To be honest I also couldn't figure out the photo thing too but someone pointed me to that site I directed you to.
Just passing it on.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great thread. Thanks

I've often thought about going to Anticosti. It's only a 5 hr drive from here to Mont-Joli so pretty easy to get to. Maybe next year as 2018 may be the "mortgage burning" year. smile

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Thanks for the Anticosti pics and update. Always a great read! Hope to get up there again before my time runs out.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I hope you do as well. It really is a great place with great people.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

394 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 17CalFan, 1minute, 16penny, 45 invisible), 2,792 guests, and 1,104 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,580
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.