-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Norinco made one of the best low-end 1911's ever IMO. The two I had always worked with any ammo I put in them. Wish I had one now.

GB1

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I told my buddy to go to Cabelas 2 weeks ago when they had ammo shelves full

He did. Got 223 9mm and 12 gauge

He owes me a 6 pack now

As for me, grabbed a Dillon 550

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
December is the worst month for firearms distributors and manufacturer having inventory. Prices will rise and this frenzy may carry over into January.

Also ammo demand will certainly "Spike" again and...again.

Doc

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hard to tell locally. Most of the shops have major AR-15 inventory so it could take a week or so for me to notice any depletion. I ordered a couple of PSA complete lowers last week, and a quick look at their site looks like a lot of stuff is now out of stock. I ordered my uppers from a different supplier, and they too appear to moving a lot of product.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gun buying frenzy never slowed down at my house grin

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I might buy a Glock.

Sammo - if you're thinking polymer frame, the Sig P320 is also worth a look. I've had an M&P for a few years and just got the Sig and like the grip fit to my hand more better. Supposedly the best trigger of all the striker fired pistolas...

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
FOX has said Obama has sold over 100 million guns since he took office.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I know absolutely zero about handguns, thanks for the tip, I'll check them out right now.

Sam I agree, I think you will like the M&P

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
News reports yesterday that gun sales are up 20 percent in our area (central Ohio)

Myron

How many peckers can a Pecker Checker check if a Pecker Checker could check peckers?
(stolen from shootinurse)
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I might buy a Glock.

You might be too late.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The gun buying frenzy continues.

I was a Bud's gunshop an hour ago.

They have a woman passing out pieces of paper with numbers on them. They call the number over the intercom to announce whose turn it is to be waited on.

I just was just kind of loafing around and wasn't seriously shopping. I was there about 40 minutes. My number was 81. As I was leaving they called out number 49.

It would be interesting to know how many AR-15's are being sold there. Seriously, they must have at least 30 different AR variants on the showroom floor and people are scooping them up one right after another.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wuz gonna say that I had enough gunz & ammos to last for the rest of obama's term plus a couple presidents terms after that. But earlier today I got inna accident & capsized my boat & lost ALL my stuff....

Donations appreciated

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I might buy a Glock.

Lots of advice here. I have a Ruger SP 101 w/3" bbl. in .357 that is a very easy gun to shoot and it is as accurate as I am, probably more so. Legend has it that revolvers are easier to shoot accurately and I believe it.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I posted my thoughts about this on another forum yesterday:

One would think the panic buying would be over, but...

While those who I'll call shooting enthusiasts i.e. us have been keeping the gun, ammunition and accessories business busy since 2008 and they seem to be just starting to catch up, I think there is a segment of society that has never given the thought of having a firearm or firearms for self defense much thought and are starting to put 2 + 2 together with recent terrorist attacks and will be adding to a potential future shortage. Add to that Barack Obama's desire to implement severe gun control in his last year of office and you have a perfect storm.

Kinda wished I'd bought a few more AR stripped lowers myself during this past weekend.

Last edited by 458 Lott; 12/08/15.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 6mm250
I wuz gonna say that I had enough gunz & ammos to last for the rest of obama's term plus a couple presidents terms after that. But earlier today I got inna accident & capsized my boat & lost ALL my stuff....

Donations appreciated

Mike

There have been so many guns lost in that lake that the top layer is only three inches below the surface.
Some of mine are in there too. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Eight Colt LE6920's have been offered over the last few days by the same dealer with a 1 penny starting bid. The same bidder has bid on 7 of them and is currently the winning bidder on all of them.

I can see a lot of people hoping to grab an AR before they're banned or the price goes crazy again - I'm one of those.

But there is more than a bit of speculation going on here, folks hoping they can grab up a bunch and flip them for a few hundred dollars profit in a month or so.

This monster feeds itself and it just awoke in a very hungry state.

If only prices on single shot rifles had an inverse relationship to this I'd wait a month and pick up a bunch of 1885's and Ruger No. 1 rifles for $400 each....

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I bought my wife a .22 pistol on Sunday (it's her Christmas present, and she isn't getting it until then). I've already bought two rifles this year, which isn't stretching the budget, but I'm done for the year. I DID upgrade my NRA membership to a Life Member last week, though.

I can't think of anything I want, or need, so I ain't buyin'. If I were to buy anything, it would be a new truck.

Last edited by ratsmacker; 12/08/15.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Was at LGS a moment ago. I asked the guy if the Calf event kicked up sales. He said absolutely not, but Obamas speech sure did.
He said lots of middle age and older women were buying, handguns mostly.

NRA Patron
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Handguns are fire extinguishers.
Rifles are what people need to be buying and keeping close.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I hope this Christmas is the best one ever for guns/ammo/accessories retailers!

Personally, I'm set as far as weapons go, just waiting (and WAITING!) for my custom rifle project to get finished.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

363 members (264mag, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 17CalFan, 43 invisible), 2,818 guests, and 1,072 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,599
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.