Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Slavek

Lot can be accomplished with powerful military & police backing. Was it "here are your laws here are my bayonets let us see who prevails"? History has shown that the latter indeed prevailed.

Pretty weak argument twit...or is it twink?
Trump doesn't feel inclined to disarm America...quite the opposite...

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I sure enjoy this guy, You all know damn well he knows he is running for president not king, and says a lot of things a lot of us are thinking, that need to be done in this country.

Most, or at least a lot of folks are enjoying the fact what he says is freaking out the liberal, PC, and at the present moment main stream establishment in America.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 700LH
I sure enjoy this guy, You all know damn well he knows he is running for president not king, and says a lot of things a lot of us are thinking, that need to be done in this country.

+1

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
who cares if he gets the how to do it wrong

the sentiment is right

and the audience he is talking to doesn't care.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I wonder how Israel deals with Muslim visitors?

Based upon what is happening in non-Muslim countries, my guess is Trump's method may be the best way to start dealing with Islamic terrorists that are trying to enter the USA.

There is no way to tell a good Muslim, from a radicalized Muslim.

BH63

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
Your hyperbolic leaps crack me up. You're the only one calling it lying and who is under the mistaken impression a president couldn't issue federal directives in regards police killings.

Trumpmania knows no boundaries.

Exactly what could a Federal Directive say that would make Trump's statement correct?

"You boys ought not be killin' them poleecemen" don't cut it.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
If nothing else, Trump's words serve as an excellent knothead detector.

Trump says, "No more illegals",..the knotheads pitch a fit.

Trump says "No more Muslim immigration", the knotheads pitch a fit.

Trump says, "America is getting buttfugged by its trade agreements with foreign countries", the knotheads pitch a fit.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I doubt he has ever said anything without thinking. He knows exactly what he's going to say and how it will be perceived. A little rough around the edges sometimes but he's not stupid.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by Slavek

Lot can be accomplished with powerful military & police backing. Was it "here are your laws here are my bayonets let us see who prevails"? History has shown that the latter indeed prevailed.

Pretty weak argument twit...or is it twink?
Trump doesn't feel inclined to disarm America...quite the opposite...

While there is element of real risk there the situation is very grave I would probably back Trump if I were you.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Your hyperbolic leaps crack me up. You're the only one calling it lying and who is under the mistaken impression a president couldn't issue federal directives in regards police killings.

Exactly what could a Federal Directive say that would make Trump's statement correct?

===========

Ummm, let's see...how about all police killings will be prosecuted as a Federal crime with the included penalty of death,upon convicton.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

===========

Ummm, let's see...how about all police killings will be prosecuted as a Federal crime with the included penalty of death,upon convicton.

With Mark Levin as attorney general...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The members of law enforcement have to be well protected and given the benefit of doubt when handling difficult situations. We need to remember they enforces the laws and keep order.

Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

And he can do that with an executive order, and not with Congress?

Surprised Obama hasn't done a lot more if the President holds those kind of kingly powers.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What about Mall cops?

They matter too. From what I can tell, we have a schitload of them on this site.

LOL

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There are pretty well-defined limits on the Federal Government's right to prosecute murder as a crime.

Killing a State or local cop without crossing state lines doesn't fit in those limits.

But you knew that.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by Calhoun

Surprised Obama hasn't done a lot more if the President holds those kind of kingly powers.

===========

You're still not getting it, are you? WhoTF cares if another entity attempts to prevent him from implementation of his wishes? He said what he intended to do. If he does so, and another entity then tries to prevent it, it isn't on Trump. Get it? Or, are you thinking the Feds can't prosecute cop killers from other states the near same way as they do cops who have killed? Do you really believe the states and both Houses would put up a rousing argument to prevent such an law from being enacted?

It ain't rocket science.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Are you planning to kill some LEO?

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
There are pretty well-defined limits on the Federal Government's right to prosecute murder as a crime.

Killing a State or local cop without crossing state lines doesn't fit in those limits.

But you knew that.

It's just maneuvering to try to explain away something that should be raising huge alarms.

1) He doesn't understand the President's role, limitations and how our form of government works (the United States is a Republic, not an empire or a democracy).
2) He's lying to get votes. And if he's willing to lie here, than everything he's said is potentially a lie.

Personally I'm leaning towards #1. It's no secret that he's refused to hire any advisors who can educate him on anything to do with actually being President of the United States.

Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Calhoun

===========

You're still not getting it, are you? WhoTF cares if another entity attempts to prevent him from implementation of his wishes? He said what he intended to do. If he does so, and another entity then tries to prevent it, it isn't on Trump. Get it? Or, are you thinking the Feds can't prosecute cop killers from other states the near same way as they do cops who have killed? Do you really believe the states and both Houses would put up a rousing argument to prevent such an law from being enacted?

It ain't rocket science.
No.. you don't get it.

I don't want another freaking narcissist who is going to learn on the job that he isn't the frigging emperor. That it's going to be the job of our elected officials to rein in the excesses of a REPUBLICAN president.

And it scares the bejeezus out of me that there are so many who DO want it.

And.. yes. There is no law saying it's a federal crime to kill a cop and so they can't prosecute it. An executive order there is ridiculous and the DOJ will just ignore it, or any federal court would throw it out as lacking jurisdiction. You know this.
Congress could pass a law to make it a federal crime, but Trump isn't aware that's necessary.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We shouldn't be surprised that the Liberal's "Longing for a messiah", which resulted in Obama, has a mirror image on the Right.

But the intelligent people on the Left didn't buy Obama's B.S....they just latched onto him as a vehicle to reach their goals.

With Trump, intelligent people on the Right have disabled their B.S. detectors, it seems.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1badf350, 222Sako, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222ND, 63 invisible), 2,662 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,672
Posts18,456,039
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.