Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 92 1 2 3 91 92
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
For all of his life, my dad has been taking in alcoholic and or drug addicted people into his home or business and hiring them to work on cars, do filing or other office work etc. in hopes of introducing them to the Lord and helping them get a new start with a new life. Most folks, as one would guess, continued in old ways after getting cleaned up and sobered up a bit, but at least they had a chance, and some were able to make the transition into sober and productive lives.

I have followed in his footsteps there but on a much smaller scale and with more care and safety built in as I have a wife and had children in my home much of my life.

He has always known that doing this, having what used to be called derelicts in his home carried with it inherent danger, but believed that the danger was worth the possability of introducing folks to Christ Jesus and to a more responsible and prosperous way of life through hard work and new life guidlines. He had much, much patience with these mostly men and often gave them chance after chance in hopes of seeing a life reclaimed, restored and re built.

But, the worst case scenario has just happened in our life.

One of his ranch home tennant/workers, a violent man when drunk, came home to the house he shared with my father and an argument ensued, most likely over money that was percieved as being owed or possibly my fathers refusla to this time advance him pay so that he could go back to bar hopping. We do not know. What we do know is that my father, who was a pacifist and never before in his life made a fist, died with scarred up knuckles, bleeding in his stomach from a blow, and his head busted open, skull crack badly and bleeding in his brain throughout after having his head smacked into the stone work kitchen countertop where my dad made so many meals for the men he was trying to help.

I was called when dad was found by another tenenat and taken by ambulance to the local hospital. Dad never regained conciousness or spoke but I and my siblings spoke to him, prayed with him and sang to him in hopes that he was hearing us.

I was with my dad at 12:09 when, after being off of the ventilator for just a few moments as he had instructed to be done in his health care directive he was birthed into eternity and into the arms of his waiting savior.

Some of you here have met my father on hunting trips or other events, I thought that you and my freinds here would want to know.

I am very broken hearted here, obviously, but am relieved to know that my dad is now without pain and is joyous, seeing the BIG picture and knowing that I and others he left behind will be there with him in not very long from his new perspective of seeing things on an eternal scale.

I must now try to focus on this eternal scale and our time here is SO short in comparison.

My father sang Southern Gospel music full time in the 50's and 60's, and it was from him that I learned to love this music and learned to sing. Dad and his groups recorded many albulms and traveled extensively througout the USA singing the good news of forgiveness of sins and a NEW LIFE through the marvelous love of God and grace through the cleansing blood of Jesus. Dad started the Western States Quartet convention in the early 60's and put me up on stage at the Hollywood Bowl in 1964 (I was 4!) to sing all four verses of "Jesus loves me". I am told by old family freinds that I nailed it.... smile

Dad also taught me the insurance business through which I took care of a family of five as the only income producer for the entirety of my children's growing up years. To do this on 100% commission sales is quite a testament to many things he taught me. Mostly to be confident, resilient, strong and 'make good things happen' i.e. be the force and world changer. Dad was also a city councilman in our home town of Roseville California (I am here now as I type) and past president of two different Rotary Clubs and the local Toastmasters.

I am SO very glad that I spent so much time with my dad. Taking him with me to Africa once, Alaska twice, a sales convention trip that I won in Puerto Rico, wild hog hunts so much more. I always tried to include him in whatever I was doing, I even took him cruising and street racing when I was a senior in High School. He was always welcome to be a part of every segment of my life. I told him I loved him often, huggesd him whenever I saw him, and I am now SO glad that I did these things. I have no regrets other than that the police got the perp before I could get my mitts on his sorry carcass. He (the murdering carcass that is in jail right now) should be very grateful today for the bars and guards that are surrounding him today.

I miss my dad, but it will not be for long, really.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We all grieve with you, sir.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
My dad and his brothers plus other singers on vrious albulms they made through the years. Plus more of his story if any of you care to know of it. I am so proud of my heritage here.

http://www.claibornebrothers.com/

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry of hearing about a good man going like this.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Here ya go, dad. RIDE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGorfWYihwc

That is me on the far right here..

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
sorry for your loss, terrible news

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sad stuff ......

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
And our great hope:

Ineed, what a SAVIOUR. And yes, he can save, even me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX8uahgvv4M

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
sory to hear that prayers sent for the family and all those that will miss him .
and prayers for the one who killed him as this may be the turning point in his life, as we know Christ loves us all and died for all our sins.

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
These days every good man counts. Sorry to hear this, and for no good reason. Prayers for the family during this time.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm so incredibly saddened to hear this. I will try to honor your father by holding him up as an example of a good man. Godspeed.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Your post really gave me a jolt Mark...Yes indeed, your dad was a good man...quite a character too I might add. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Thanks for posting...

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry to hear about your Dads passing, Such a shame.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Isaiah 53:5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.

Your father is now healed, both spiritually and bodily. Thanks to him, a few others are, too. He willingly did more that you can ask of any man.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Prayers for you and your family. Remember the example Jesus set for us, forgive,forgive,forgive.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sincerest condolences to you and yours.... and Ditto on CrowRifle's comment ....

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
SM, prayers and sympathy for your father's passing.

Last edited by Wildcatter264; 12/19/15.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I am so sorry to hear of your loss, Mark. He was a wonderful, great example to us all.
My prayers are with all of you. E

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Condolences from the South!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Page 1 of 92 1 2 3 91 92

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
796 members (10gaugemag, 163bc, 12344mag, 007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 78 invisible), 3,211 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,710
Posts18,400,171
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.