Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Came across this online and thought people may be interested. I don't know anything about this seller however.

Tennessee Arms is excited to bring to market our light-weight incredibly strong AR-15 style lower receiver. Manufactured from a high strength Nylon blend with a rediculous amount of fiber reinforcement you will be amazed by the strength and light weight. The colors are molded in to the receiver so you will never have to worry about a scratch or use marring the finish. We reinforce our receivers using our patent-pending technology that includes Marine-Grade Brass inserts that are permanently molded into our lowers. These metal threaded inserts give our receivers the strength needed without sacrificing the weight savings of the composite bodies. The end result is a lightweight, tough as hell receiver you can depend on. To back that up we offer a lifetime guarantee on all our products. We invented the hybrid lower receiver, and have been working on making sure it stays the best on the market ever since.

The TN-Arms 15 is a Nylon bodied AR-15 style lower receiver that has additional metal threaded inserts for strength . This stripped receiver is designed to accept any mil-spec lower parts kit. All colors are molded directly into and throughout the entire receiver so you never have to worry about wearing it off unlike a painted finish. This model sports a redesigned bolt catch area , a repositioned buffer retainer, and all the upgrades we made from previous models. Customers boast about how quickly their builds go together, and this is from the upgrades that customers asked for and we provided. Tennessee Arms will continue working after the sale to improve upon the design to further help you with your future build plans.

Nylon 6-6 Body
Marine Grade Brass inserts in Buffer Tower and Pistol Grip
Lifetime Warranty against Breakage or Failure
Available in Magpul Matching Colors
5.6 Ounces Stripped!!!!!!

Tennessee Arms Company

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
GB1

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks interesting.

The polymer market is really taking off.

Wonder how the nylon fibers and the brass inserts help the prior issues?

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great Googily Oogily, look at the "AR lower build instruction video"

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Man it would be cool to have a few clear lowers!!

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'd slide my hammer into that receiver shocked

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
IC B2

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495

Ok, I wasn't thinking this initially when I watched the video, but I savvy.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
I'd slide my hammer into that receiver shocked

Some companies just understand marketing better than others it seems! grin

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll wait for the buttstroke tests.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Seriously Are Poly lowers as good?
I had a new frontier with a 22 upper but its gone

I always figured Alum was the way to go

Thoughts?
Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by rost495

Ok, I wasn't thinking this initially when I watched the video, but I savvy.

Well I got so much at home, I tend to only glance at the women's...... but the clear lower..

Wish I could buy cheddite 3 inch hulls by the case in clear too... those are cool looking

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
I've heard to avoid the polymer lowers, but I have to admit a clear one might be kinda cool if only for the guts viewing novelty..

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Anybody have any experience with the Windham carbon fiber lowers?

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Like anything, the tech is getting better. It stands to reason that the "better" mousetrap is coming.

The Glock (plastic) pistol would never last, or that was the rumor in 1983...

The early Plum, Bushmaster, and such were plagued with breakage rumors at the receiver extension, the front pivot lugs, and the pivot pin holes.

I have seen a few of the broken ones, but have not owned one to take it to breakage. Some of the breakage I've seen was general abuse, some was incorrect installation, and some was just plain WTF.

While they are "OK" for light use, they are not generally accepted as a EDC platform. YMMV.

For the difference in price, I've stuck with the metal lowers by choice.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
you can get a cheap blemshished lower from palmetto, unless you have to save 3 oz I am not seeing the benefit of plastic.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd almost think that a polymer lower would be good for an AR-9, home defense gig,

but I remember vividly the absolute hell I put my issued M16 through, I don't think a poly would stand up to that abuse.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
My worry about the Windham CF lowers would be will they react to a fracture like carbon arrows are reported to do, as in pretty much explode when shot from the bow? Are the lowers exposed to the same forces that a carbon arrow is when shot?

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
No,

The forces are applied in way different areas. Most lowers I've seen were split or cracked from stress.

The carbon arrow has "X" amount of force pushing the mass from behind, and the shaft can't handle the stress before the arrow moves (mass at rest), it splinters into the fiber bundles. OK, one of the physics majors can explain it better...but you get the idea.

Majority of the "force" in an AR is in the barrel and chamber, contained by the locking lugs on the bolt. Sure, the uppers and lowers will split if the rifle fires out of battery, plenty of Google Fu showing the results. Same with the Glock pistol. Unlike the carbon arrow, the polymer formulas are designed to stretch and split, not fragment.

The BCG cycling from the gas systems, and the buffer and spring slamming back and forth stress the pins in the lugs on the lower. The receiver extension is stressed by the buffer operation, but rarely "explodes".

I can think of four poly lowers I've seen, one had a cracked receiver extension ring. The claim was it broke while shooting, but it could also have been over-tightened during assembly.

Two had the front lugs cracked or broken, the owners claimed from normal firing at the range.

One had a crack by the hammer pin hole, but could have been a mis-aligned "bigger" hammer job on the bench.

Last edited by AH64guy; 01/05/16.
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Came across this online and thought people may be interested. I don't know anything about this seller however.

Nylon 6-6 Body
Marine Grade Brass inserts in Buffer Tower and Pistol Grip
Lifetime Warranty against Breakage or Failure
Available in Magpul Matching Colors
5.6 Ounces Stripped!!!!!!

Tennessee Arms Company

A buddy and I each bought one of these recently. I bought mine for a lightweight build, and it's OK for that, but honestly I won't be buying another.

They are pretty rough; lots of casting seams everywhere, lots of flash and burrs that need to be trimmed off. Both of our receivers had to have material removed to fit an upper, not flash but the body of the receiver itself had to be ground down.

We put an hour or two of work into each receiver to make them functional, and I still would not consider them nearly the quality of a $50 blem forged lower.

Also, it's worth noting the brass inserts are only for the threads, they don't really reinforce the buffer tower.

Last edited by Yondering; 01/05/16.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
has anyone ever seen a cheap Anderson lower that busted for any reason?

I see no point in a plastic lower, unless its just a "for fun" gun.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I bought a Patriot complete poly lower assembly for the heck of it(pretty light as the complete lower is poly, the only metal parts are the springs, buffer, plate, castle nut, bolt catch, and trigger pins). I've broken two of their poly rec ext on the first two range sessions with it. One lasted 30 rounds, the other 5! I put a aluminum rec ext on it along with steel take down pins, but haven't tried it since. I'd never trust it for serious business by any means. For messing around at the range it would probably be ok.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 160user, 10Glocks, 64 invisible), 2,772 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,346
Posts18,468,775
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.