Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
You actually found a new Seven SS in 223? Wow--I haven't seen any.

Does it have the 9 twist as advertised?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Every couple of years somebody comes out with the next big thing in autoloading shotguns. Remington will now have 3 lines of autoloaders. I thought the 11-87, then the Versa-Whatzit were going to solve all our shotgun woes. Who the heck is buying all these $1200 shotguns and what happens to all the old, "obsolete" models? At least this new one looks like a shotgun. Some of the ones out there are so ugly they'd gag a maggot off a gut wagon.

What fresh Hell is this?
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
You actually found a new Seven SS in 223? Wow--I haven't seen any.

Does it have the 9 twist as advertised?
yes it does.......Hb

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
LOVE idea of a CDL SF 35 Whelan. LAUGH how they brought out the "all new" stainless/synthetic and blued/laminate Model 7s. Among other things.

Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

If I were smart enough, which apparently I'm not
I didn't see any specifics listed for the Model 7 Laminate. Odd that they'd list it as 'new" and then not tell people what it will be chambered in, etc. I'd consider one in .350 Rem Mag.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like the looks of their version of the DPMS GII AR in the 308-based chamberings. Didn't see much else that excited me.

Now with even more aplomb
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by camera_dude
I didn't see any specifics listed for the Model 7 Laminate. Odd that they'd list it as 'new" and then not tell people what it will be chambered in, etc. I'd consider one in .350 Rem Mag.

It says in the caption 223, 243, 7-08, 308, and it claims 18.5" barrel with sights. Their captions don't always align with their production, but at least that's what might happen.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Every couple of years somebody comes out with the next big thing in autoloading shotguns. Remington will now have 3 lines of autoloaders. I thought the 11-87, then the Versa-Whatzit were going to solve all our shotgun woes. Who the heck is buying all these $1200 shotguns and what happens to all the old, "obsolete" models? At least this new one looks like a shotgun. Some of the ones out there are so ugly they'd gag a maggot off a gut wagon.

This one is the real deal, if they produce enough of them without problems.

They are street-priced in the $700s, and are a direct counter to a Benelli/Beretta, primarily the Benelli in my estimation as a hunting gun. The Remington is gas and USA-made, looks like a shotgun, and doesn't need to be cleaned much. If it works like the prototypes have, then Benelli will have a challenge on their hands.

1100/1187--legacy offerings, just because they can sell some
VersaMax--for 3.5" mags, heavy, goose/turkey mostly
V3--for an all-around, lightweight, gasser that shoots itself clean

It says in the caption 223, 243, 7-08, 308, and it claims 18.5" barrel with sights. Their captions don't always align with their production, but at least that's what might happen.

Thanks. I didn't notice that. None of those really interest me, however. The .308 would be fine, but I don't need another. I was hoping that with open sights, it would be chambered in at least one heavier short-action caliber (.350 was my guess... though obviously wrong).

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Wish they'd extend the XCR coating into other lines...

Hope they've got their WSM's actually functioning as repeaters. The LSS I snagged as a donor would literally not feed the 2nd round about half the time. The other half, it would feed the cartridge, but it was like trying to make it do something it was never intended to do. It was a magazine/follower issue as a Wyatt's box made it feed perfectly.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

This one is the real deal, if they produce enough of them without problems.

They are street-priced in the $700s, and are a direct counter to a Benelli/Beretta, primarily the Benelli in my estimation as a hunting gun. The Remington is gas and USA-made, looks like a shotgun, and doesn't need to be cleaned much. If it works like the prototypes have, then Benelli will have a challenge on their hands.

1100/1187--legacy offerings, just because they can sell some
VersaMax--for 3.5" mags, heavy, goose/turkey mostly
V3--for an all-around, lightweight, gasser that shoots itself clean

That would be good, if they can make 'em work at that price and if they point and balance well. I would like very much for Big Green to get themselves turned around.

I just picked up a nearly pristine 1967 A5 Light Twelve for $750 myself. Pretty sure THAT one's gonna work.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had a customer tell me that he heard Remington was dropping the Model 7 Predator, and he wanted to order one if that was the case. I called Remington Customer Service and was told that they had quit making the Predator and the 11-87 was also being dropped. I was able to get him a Predator in 223, and also ordered a stainless Model 7 in 223. Remington today is not the Remington of your daddy's era.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I thought that they had already dropped the Predator completely two years ago, but it is listed there again in the current catalog. But they often don't produce what is listed.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Remington is certainly not the Remington of the old days, much of the info in their catalogs of last several years is incorrect, especially when it comes to the specs.................Hb

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
Remington is certainly not the Remington of the old days,....Hb

Sooo sad but true!!! However it seems that many firearm mfgs. suffer the same.

It's almost enuff to make an old man cry! cry

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
I didnt see the Model 700 XCR II listed, I hope I just overlooked it somehow.........Hb

?? Interesting.

Forget the past the past is gone forever, right now is where it's happening.
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B

Looks like Remington dropped the 375 H+H, 338 Winchester Magnum, and the 338 Remington Ultra Magnum too. If the new catalog is correct!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I thought that they had already dropped the Predator completely two years ago, but it is listed there again in the current catalog. But they often don't produce what is listed.

I just looked at their new catalog and couldn't find a Predator.......

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Just talked to the Remington customer service folks. No regular XCR's for 2016. Get 'em while you can!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Let's not forget the 105 CTI! I bet the putz that designed that one is working the assembly line in a [bleep] factory now...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (1beaver_shooter, 240NMC, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 62 invisible), 2,264 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,645
Posts18,455,396
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.