$1.4 Bil...

[Linked Image]

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by lvmiker
I was just in a U Save market in Montpelior, Id. buying my 2016 hunting license w/wolf and mt. lion tags and there was a ranch couple there buying lottery tickets. I asked them what they were going to do when they won? They stated " buy some cows, a whole bunch of cows".

I love Idaho.

mike r

LOL i'd buy all the cows that are run on our place and then shoot every last one of the worthless PITA creatures....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Ranch in Saskatchewan, ranch in northern Missouri, and a ranch in brush country Texas after I took care of my family.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
waking Ned Devine its a heck of a good movie!

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
spend it while its still worth something...

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd buy Northern Dave and have him build me cool vehicles for the rest of my life.

That might sound cruel but I'd maybe flip him 6 or 7 figures a year and do a lot of hunting and fishing with him.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well I am not that lucky, but I would first call the investment bank that has been managing a small trust fund for me the last 48 years- I would then follow their advise! I would then delete my presents in the internet, toss my cell phone, wipe my computer clean, then cook the HD! Since I have no debts- there is nothing to settle-then just leave! Start over some place else, in a quite remote place- and in two or three years once it settles down, then think about what I really would want to do or not do! I can do a lot of thinking On Slough Creek- second meadow with an RL Wilson Cane Rod say an 8'6" 5 wt! But like I said I am not that lucky!

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
1. Make a substantial donation to Wounded Warrior Project...

2. Find the meanest Junkyard Dog Attorney in Minneapolis and make my ex wife's life a living hell until the day she died...

3. Restore my 1988 4 Runner...by Northern Dave if he'd take the job...

4. Take care of a few special people's lives for the rest of their days... ( they are old like me, so it may not add up to that much)....

5. Take care of our Scout Troop...

6. Set up the funds for a young man I know in Boston, to be able to complete his college degree and pay for his tuition ( etc) for Harvard Law School....

7. Buy me a few more Super Sniper Scopes.. tell SWFA that Schtick Sent me...

8. Make a road trip to meet a few campfire members here, that I'd like to meet face to face... Travis, GopherGunner, Crimson Tide, Dave in WV, 4ager....already had the opportunity to meet a bunch of great forum members, here in Oregon, up in Washington, down in Arizona and New Mexico and at Ed Too Many Letters down in Texas last may...

9. Visit England where I lived from 63 to 66, go back to Scotland and Ireland...go to Scandinavia, Australia and New Zealand...and a cruise to Antarctica in the southern HemiSphere summer...

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
There were 25 winners last night who got the first 5 balls right. Can you imagine the letdown of getting the first 5 and missing the Powerball, worse than being a Bengals fan. Although, a nice 1 Mil would help with the letdown..

Yes, I can imagine it.

While not "Powerball", it happened to my wife back in the late 90's in what California called "Pick 6". She got five right, then the last number the digits were switched, something on the order of her having "01" on her ticket and the 6th pick being "10" or vice versa. $32 Million jackpot should have been ours. I'd have never heard of the "Campfire". I'd be on a hill in Hawai'i overlooking the Pacific and dreaming of catching tuna tomorrow, or hunting pigs or goats.

As it was, we didn't complain much. It was good for $2200 and we had both recently graduated from "starving students" to starving underlings. My wife took us here for the night:

http://www.benbowinn.com/about-us/hotel-history.htm

And paid some CC debt.

Geno

PS, now what to do with that 1.3 Billion? Let me think, Hawai'i? No, perhaps buy my own island and declare myself the Grand Wazzzoo!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by calikooknic
[Linked Image]

OMG...she has a zit on her left cheek........

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
[Linked Image]

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
[Linked Image]

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Update to my earlier posts. A friend of mine told me that the first thing one should do if he hits the Powerball is to call up everyone he knows and ask to borrow $500 before the win becomes public knowledge. It will be the last time you ever have to have any contact with most of them.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Now up to $1.5 Billion. Over $500 Million after taxes, including state taxes in most cases.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM
I would buy the 48K acre ranch outside Walsenburg Colorado that the Ozzie shampoo creator has for sale. I drive by it each time I hunt elk in Leadville and it is a marvel. One year a pretty blonde was riding horse and I pulled up opposite side of the fence and had a nice chat with her. An incredible piece of property.

It's worth $900M if it comes with pretty blonds. laugh

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Update to my earlier posts. A friend of mine told me that the first thing one should do if he hits the Powerball is to call up everyone he knows and ask to borrow $500 before the win becomes public knowledge. It will be the last time you ever have to have any contact with most of them.

Are you insane? What is the point is borrowing money and pissing of all your friends?

[Linked Image from ]
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,319 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,660
Posts18,455,690
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.