GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by poboy
Reno\Clinton would burn 'em out.

...with military tanks.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This has turned into an absolute riot. Talk show host Steve Colbert gave the occupiers a bit of coverage last night (Jan 12), noting the group was short on supplies and and was soliciting support through the leader's mom. Here's the general tone:

Mom!

Really harsh up here in SE Oregon hanging out in these destitute government facilities. I don't know how anyone lives or works here. Looks like it might take us a couple more days to dispose of 21,000 square miles of previously public ground in the region, and some of the boys are getting a little impatient and bored. We're like really out there, maybe 30 miles from town and even worse, it's about 5 miles to the nearest café and bar. That being,could you gather up some things and route them up? Necessities include (and this list is real):

[Linked Image]
Love you,

Ammon

Mommm??? MOOMMMM???

Being the group's not confined to quarters, Colbert was kind enough to generate a Mapquest printout for them to the Burns Safeway. That's where we and all the ranchers from 125 miles further south go when we need things.

So, if some of you guys could help them out, maybe route over some:

blankies
underwear
socks
foot warmers
Miracle whip
mayo
$$$$$
hay
boxer briefs
shampoo and conditioner
radio
throw rugs
aprons
games
wipes
pads
French vanilla creamer
and lots of smokes and chew

That's a non smoking facility, so these are some really serious rebels we've got on our hands.

No need for personal deliveries though, as conditions are pretty rough. We've got like 12 inches of snow on the ground and it's cold. Maybe down into the mid 30's today. USPS, UPS and FedEx dash down on a daily basis, so one can ship stuff.

With my interest in history, I was going through some revolutionary war materials the other day and ran across a similar note from Colonel Jackson as he was headed toward New Orleans back in 1814. It read:

Dearest Mother:

Tough deal down here, please send powder and lead.

Love,
Tom

Seems we were a different and tougher breed of cat back then.

SERIOUSLY NOW:
Latest update is the occupiers have shipped in their own Judge who will arrest and imprison the local authorities and take over government affairs. They're also bringing in a Constitutional expert from Florida who will speak for 2 hours at their community meeting this coming Saturday- again at our local Fair Grounds. I hear she is from Florida, might have an Associates Degree in law, is well experienced with public land policy here in the arid west, and has had a tough time holding down a job.

She better be seriously golden tongued, as I've never met a person in my 70 yrs that can hold my attention for 2 hours while I'm perched in a metal chair.

Were it not our local community with many of my own endeavors being disrupted, I'd be laughing so hard the tears would be flowing.

Have a good one.

Last edited by 1minute; 01/13/16.

1Minute
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well that certainly explains your slant on the subject...
"Colbert News"....laughin here.

ETA: HINT...Colbert show is on comedy central....

Last edited by Middlefork_Miner; 01/13/16.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A few here could donate their unused tampons...

laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No slant there 1minute, nothing but the facts LOL.

Some of you guys need to open your eyes and question 1minute... His "updates" are far from objective.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Deja' vu here,....hearkening back to the "Armed to the teeth and packin' lawn chairs" bunch that swarmed about here once,...
Your updates are appreciated here, and I hope you'll keep em' coming.
Q: Anybody have any backround / bio on Lavoy Finicum, the "spokesman" ?

Thx

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 4100fps
Harney County Judge Steve Grasty said he intends to slap Ammon Bundy and his militia group with fines to the tune of $75,000 a day for their occupation of the Malheur Wildlife Refuge

Link no worky.

So how does a county judge slap a $75,000 a day bill on the protesters for occupying a federal building?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-fine-occupation-article-1.2493839Harney [/quote]

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by 4100fps
Harney County Judge Steve Grasty said he intends to slap Ammon Bundy and his militia group with fines to the tune of $75,000 a day for their occupation of the Malheur Wildlife Refuge

Link no worky.

So how does a county judge slap a $75,000 a day bill on the protesters for occupying a federal building?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-fine-occupation-article-1.2493839Harney
[/quote]

Link: Here

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks Sean.

All I can say about that article is that a vengeful judge is trying to make an example out of the protesters. He arbitrarily pulled a scary number out of his azz and threw it at the wall for effect. It get's scary when the govt has the power to make sheit up as they go, and there ain't a damn thing anybody can say about it.

I'm not impressed. I seldom am when govt tries to steamroll citizens. I'd like to see the protesters "win", for the sake of bringing some humility back into an arrogant govt.

About the least helpful scenario, for freedom in America, is to see the govt "win", by ruining the protesters lives with outrageous punitive fines, or jail time. Talk about making an already over-reaching govt more bold. We definitely don't need that.

LOL
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Interesting take on how extremely supportive the neighboring ranchers are.

Link - At my invitation, really?

Had he unknowingly turned his cattle out, he'd probably have had to search 100+ square miles to get them back.

Thanks for the favor Buddy.

About the same tone as all the other facts and figures the occupiers are spouting off. Take with several pounds of salt.

Have a good one,

Last edited by 1minute; 01/13/16.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Lonny
Originally Posted by Whiptail

laugh

laugh laugh

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That is funny. As in so many cases, the closer something hits to the truth, the funnier it is.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thursday Jan 14
Just got word federal employees in the community were told to shut down mid-shift and to leave. They were urged to be observant during travels and around their homes as well. The words "creditable threat" were used in that notice, but I have no idea what stimulated the sudden change in status.

People are on edge. Normally, grocery shopping etc are relaxing and social endeavors, but unfamiliar folks wandering around in camo and such are now viewed suspiciously and given a wide berth. Same with out of state license plates, especially Idaho and Nevada.

Never an inclination to lock our doors or remove keys from rigs for over 30 years around here. We rely fairly heavily on the government sector (federal, state, and county) in our local economy. so we're concerned. The region is attractive enough that range cons, wildlife bio's, foresters, soil conservationists etc will often spend their entire careers here. A love/hate environment. The hate crowd leaves ASAP due to remoteness as we're lacking malls, theaters, or choice among 100 different eateries. The others put down roots, rely on promotions to advance, or simply value the lifestyle.

Given the occupiers are free to go and come at will, it would be relatively easy to coordinate an attack on any or all of our dispersed government compounds. Praying it does not happen, and hoping to get word on what generated the status change.

Color we worried,

Last edited by 1minute; 01/14/16.

1Minute
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 1minute
Thursday Jan 14
Just got word federal employees in the community were told to shut down mid-shift and to leave. They were urged to be observant during travels and around their homes as well. The words "creditable threat" were used in that notice, but I have no idea what stimulated the sudden change in status.

People are on edge. Normally, grocery shopping etc are relaxing and social endeavors, but unfamiliar folks wandering around in camo and such are now viewed suspiciously and given a wide berth. Same with out of state license plates, especially Idaho and Nevada.

Never an inclination to lock our doors or remove keys from rigs for over 30 years around here. We rely fairly heavily on the government sector (federal, state, and county) in our local economy. so we're concerned. The region is attractive enough that range cons, wildlife bio's, foresters, soil conservationists etc will often spend their entire careers here. A love/hate environment. The hate crowd leaves ASAP due to remoteness as we're lacking malls, theaters, or choices of 100 different eatieries. The others put down roots, rely on promotions to advance, or simply value the lifestyle.

Given the occupiers are free to go and come at will, it would be relatively easy to coordinate an attack on any or all of our dispersed government compounds. Praying it does not happen, and hoping to get word on what generated the status change.

Color we worried,

Another completely objective "update" from 1minute.

Cue the cheerleaders.

LOL
G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Supposed to be some kind of meeting going on up there tomorrow to where they are going to explain what it is going to take for them to leave.

Link

Link

Mentions that maybe law enforcement is going to start taking a stand, or rumor of...

Phil

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gawd, there is so much wrong with these "updates" I won't even waste my time enumerating them. Pure unadulterated propaganda.

LOL
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
maybe the facts just don't fit your agenda...

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Wow, a previously unoccupied building, that I am sure still had the utilities left on. The government and the local left leaning freaks are losing their minds. Nothing violent to my knowledge has happened yet.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jmo1754
Wow, a previously unoccupied building, that I am sure still had the utilities left on. The government and the local left leaning freaks are losing their minds. Nothing violent to my knowledge has happened yet.

Plenty of fear mongering going on, though.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 4 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

178 members (2ndwind, 17CalFan, 907brass, 257_X_50, 44automag, 30 invisible), 1,978 guests, and 1,032 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,488
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.