Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Boise Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Seems my house is always buzzing, Furnance, gas fire places, gas stove, refrigerators, freezer, gas garage heater, powered attic fan, electric tea pots, laser printer, computers, etc. None of these devices require special handling and need to be run on bare concrete floors. I think fair would be for Midway to replace the tumbler and pay to repair my damaged carpet. If I did similar damage to someone else's property I would be honored to pay for the damage.

I don't have any bare concrete in my home, it's all carpeted, tiled, or hardwood. If it was necessary to run their device outdoors it should be clearly labeled. So now I'm told to run my tumbler out in the garage which is the furthest point from my loading bench.

I bought a Lyman Turbo 2200 as a replacement - and two new fire extinguishers.

GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Boise
Seems my house is always buzzing, Furnance, gas fire places, gas stove, refrigerators, freezer, gas garage heater, powered attic fan, electric tea pots, laser printer, computers, etc. None of these devices require special handling and need to be run on bare concrete floors. I think fair would be for Midway to replace the tumbler and pay to repair my damaged carpet. If I did similar damage to someone else's property I would be honored to pay for the damage.

I don't have any bare concrete in my home, it's all carpeted, tiled, or hardwood. If it was necessary to run their device outdoors it should be clearly labeled. So now I'm told to run my tumbler out in the garage which is the furthest point from my loading bench.

I bought a Lyman Turbo 2200 as a replacement - and two new fire extinguishers.

Be safe.

Half a sheet of Hardibacker under the tumbler when it is running ain't hard to do. Store it in the closet when not needed.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I had one, and got the recall notice... they sent me an RCBS one to replace it....which I have used all of maybe 3 times...

in the interim, I bought a Cabelas one for 'back up'...

on how much more open it is for filling and emptying... and especially how much more quiet it is...it became my main one, and the RCBS's main operation is to collect dust being my 'back up' one... all tho after many years of use on the Cabelas unit, I have't needed a back up....

and at the time the Cabelas one was $40.

key thing tho is that your family and home are alright and the damage was minimal...

and what Greg said....don't run on a carpet.. I run mine on top of an old steel metal copier stand...

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I have been running my Lyman on a work bench for 20 years.It never gets hot.

Last edited by Huntz; 01/24/16.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Don't have access to my Midway tumbler right now to look at the model number, but do remember them issuing that recall, and it has got to be close to 15 years ago or more. For what it's worth, I've never sent mine in either.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have had a Midway for a long time with no issues but replaced it with a Lyman which had the motor quit working just hummed no motion. Lyman would not warranty but I went ahead and bought a replacement motor unit (the base) as was cheaper than a new vibrator. I run my vibrators Midway and Lyman on a shelf that I drilled vent holes through to have air circulation.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (Algotguns, 21, 808outdoors, 1973cb450, ATC, 8 invisible), 1,420 guests, and 743 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,675
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.