Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Any you miss? I hate that they quit making the Foxxie jigs, especially in 1/32 oz, big bluegill candy. Blue fox also quit making the rattling flash jigging spoons in 1/16 oz.

Any old lures you wish were still in production?

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Not that I would use them so much, but I miss the old June Bugs, and Weller Strip On.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Here is a pair I have, does anyone know or want these???

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
I used to catch a few walleyes on a june bug spinner with a night crawler. But i also spent lots of time slow trolling with a june bug spinner and a night crawler. Ultimatly i discovered, (actualy, i was taught) that locating fish with a lure is one thing, but catching more of them once located, is another thing. I started having more fun with the another thing way of doing it. I think i still have a few (new) june bug spinners.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A yellow tail single hook weedless spinner called a "snagless Sally"

Best lillypad, cattail, weedy bay spinner I've ever used.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by JJHACK
A yellow tail single hook weedless spinner called a "snagless Sally"

Best lillypad, cattail, weedy bay spinner I've ever used.

Ask and ye shall receive...by Hildebrandt:

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/sear...archtext=Snagless+Sally&x=12&y=5

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I used to love the "Crawdad" color Rattlin' Rap in a number 5 or 7 size. They changed the color to be bright orange with black lines, and then a red orange with a yellow belly. The original was more subtle and seemed to work really well.

I bought all I could find when they stopped making them. Problem is, I hardly use them now because I don't want to lose them!

SS

"To be glad of life because it gives you a chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars. To be satisfied with your possessions but not content with yourself until you have made the best of them."
-Henry Van Dyke
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Yes Sam, you make me think of telling folks if they have one of granddads old keepsake plugs in their tackle box, not to risk losing it using it in a Canadian rock lake.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by SamSteele
I used to love the "Crawdad" color Rattlin' Rap in a number 5 or 7 size. They changed the color to be bright orange with black lines, and then a red orange with a yellow belly. The original was more subtle and seemed to work really well.

I bought all I could find when they stopped making them. Problem is, I hardly use them now because I don't want to lose them!

SS

We use that color in the fat raps. Best craw color in the fall and winter around here. If you fiND them they go for 20 bucks.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bob, that rocks! Thanks buddy!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When my Grandfather passed away back in the 50's I inherited his old tackle box. Inside was one of these -

[Linked Image]

It's a Heddon Crazy Crawler. It's a surface lure and the metal wings give it side to side rolling action. Still have it - somewhere, including a Daredevil in traditional red and white front but with a copper back side.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A large Bagley (B-Flat Shiner?) that used to be made of wood (I caught my largest northern on one). The later ones were made of plastic.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Spinner baits with an eye rather than those damned R-bends.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Spinner baits with an eye rather than those damned R-bends.

Roland Martin Big Bass model.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by JJHACK
Bob, that rocks! Thanks buddy!

JJ: No sweat! Enjoy!

Tackle Warehouse is an awesome place! wink

R
RNF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Original Woodchopper before they were purchased by Rapala /Lure Jensen and a Cordell Near-Nothing.

Orginal Woodchopper.
[Linked Image]

A gun in the hand is worth more than the entire police force on the phone.
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Never used a Woodchoppers but it is kinda like a nipadiddy. I used to throw those when they were biting on top and the wind made the water a little choppy. The props on those Woodchoppers look aggressive, me likey! Bet they would slam it when nipadiddy is working.

R
RNF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
They make a lot of noise and worked good in hot weather.

A older man who ran a bait shop across the state line in Arkansas made these back in the 1970's and early 80's. I still have a couple left but hate to use them when fishing stumps.

Hate to have a fish wrap me up and have to break it off.

Last edited by RNF; 01/20/16.

A gun in the hand is worth more than the entire police force on the phone.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
when i was smallie fishing regularly i would buy rebel wee-r crankbaits that hadn't been made in 20yrs off of ebay. the old natural series lures would catch fish when nothing else seemed to work. they were pricey but they worked great.

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I used to throw Wee Rs when I was a kid. My favorite was the bone colored craw pattern shallow runners, now called a square bill.

The original storm wiggle warts go for a pretty penny now too. I have a butt load of them. Smallies crush'em in early spring. They thump.

Last edited by seal_billy; 01/21/16.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 62 invisible), 2,143 guests, and 1,140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,129
Posts18,464,664
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.