Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by castnblast
Originally Posted by GeoW

C&B, what is the difference between the 21F and the 22F aside from chambering?

Thanks,
Geo

There is some confusion about the nomenclature. If I understand correctly, the model 21 is the long barrel version and 22 is the carbine. Both were made in full stock ( F) and half stock ( H ) versions. The long barrel full stock versions are quite rare. I have seen model 21-22 rifles in 7x57, 7x64, 8x57IS, and 8x60S, and I believe some may have been made in 9.3x62 and 6.5x57 as well. Both models came in round top on the older versions and double square bridge & grooved receiver on the newer ones, double set triggers on nearly all, and a very few with a single trigger. butterknife bolt was standard, with a few later ones with round knob bolt better for low scope mounting.

My 8x57IS 21H was a real find with the round knob bolt and single trigger.

The most powerful chambering I have seen for sale was .358 Magnum.

GB1

djp Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Slavek
Originally Posted by castnblast
Originally Posted by GeoW

C&B, what is the difference between the 21F and the 22F aside from chambering?

Thanks,
Geo

There is some confusion about the nomenclature. If I understand correctly, the model 21 is the long barrel version and 22 is the carbine. Both were made in full stock ( F) and half stock ( H ) versions. The long barrel full stock versions are quite rare. I have seen model 21-22 rifles in 7x57, 7x64, 8x57IS, and 8x60S, and I believe some may have been made in 9.3x62 and 6.5x57 as well. Both models came in round top on the older versions and double square bridge & grooved receiver on the newer ones, double set triggers on nearly all, and a very few with a single trigger. butterknife bolt was standard, with a few later ones with round knob bolt better for low scope mounting.

My 8x57IS 21H was a real find with the round knob bolt and single trigger.

The most powerful chambering I have seen for sale was .358 Magnum.

As a factory offering in a Brno 21/22? If that was a 358 Norma Mag that came out in 1959, I would think that is after they stopped making the 21/22...which I thought was 55/56ish.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
The .358Norma, was offered later in the later and inferior ZKK series, NOT in the 21/22 series.

I have sold most of my Brnos, but, owned several 21/22 series, ZG-47s and ZKKS, I have only one 21 and one ZG action left and a few custom rifles on each of these.

The Parker-Hale Hussar was on the superb ZG action and WAS factory chambered in .308Norma, I know of one re-barreled to .358NM.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TC1
This came up before and someone posted these were actually more than a M70 at the time. Having owned both I would pick the little BRNO in a heartbeat.

That is because there was high tax in USA on imports from behind the Iron Curtain at that time. Sure, these are nicest mass-produced post WWII rifles out there. Would I sell my old Winchester 70 to buy one of these rifles. No. That is because there is no beating old Model 70 for ruggedness and reliability.

Besides model number I do not know the difference between ZG-47 and Model 21/22.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by TC1
This came up before and someone posted these were actually more than a M70 at the time. Having owned both I would pick the little BRNO in a heartbeat.

That is because there was high tax in USA on imports from behind the Iron Curtain at that time. Sure, these are nicest mass-produced post WWII rifles out there. Would I sell my old Winchester 70 to buy one of these rifles. No. That is because there is no beating old Model 70 for ruggedness and reliability.

Besides model number I do not know the difference between ZG-47 and Model 21/22.

Then why bother posting if you don't have a single clue, you smarmy miserable piece of [bleep].

Now kindly [bleep] off and die a slow miserable death somewhere away from the sight of decent men.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TC1
Oh, the ZKW465's cool

I'd been wanting one for years. I broke down last year and bought one. Very nice little rifles.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

That is nice little mini-Mauser. The new short-barreled carbine is even better because some are chambered for old M43 assault rifle cartridge. I think S&B, Federal, Winchester, Remington offer soft points in that caliber. This is great alternative to old Winchester .30 centerfire Model 1894.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by TC1

Then why bother posting if you don't have a single clue, you smarmy miserable piece of [bleep].

Now kindly [bleep] off and die a slow miserable death somewhere away from the sight of decent men.

A wonderful alternative is legendary 1950s Winchester Model 70 'Featherweight' in .30-06. That is Model 70 with alloy bottom metal 5cm shorter barrel of lighter contour than standard rifle. The handling qualities of that .30-06 are outstanding even by todays standards. Good samples with some field wear but in excellent mechanical order and excellent barrel rifling with no throat erosion can often be found for half the cost of the old Brno rifles.

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Just wanted to thank folks for all the info and pics about these Brno rifles. Took mine out and enjoyed touching off some 8mm rounds. What fun.

The recently I got an an IPhone 6 and I still am not able to host and paste pics under photobucket. Anyway I am thankful for all your kind messages and will put up some pics as soon as I figure this host business out. Also have an similiar Sako Forester and Steyr Mannlicher I'll put up as well.

Thanks again.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 240NMC, 270winchester, 007FJ, 257_X_50, 61 invisible), 2,347 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,650
Posts18,455,461
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.