Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
We do not have a lot of tolerance for cats.

Do you shoot Dingo's on sight? I hope so.

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
We do not have a lot of tolerance for cats.

Do you shoot Dingo's on sight? I hope so.

Don't see them around here, but anyone on private land near the big parks shoots them or get their stock eaten.

Same as wild dogs...shoot them.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Hey Gino, You up for being my corner man (or bucketman or what ever the WNKA calls it)? You sound like you've had some experience in these matters of testicle mashing contests.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Cattle are bred for certain characteristics. Horses are bred for certain characteristics. DOGS are bred for certain characteristics!!!

I love it when folks get on here and start telling us how their big bad azz killer guard dog, that was BRED to be a big bad azz killer guard dog, is just SO gentle and SO wonderful with people and kids. So are they just WONDERFUL trainers, overcoming HUNDREDS of years of breeding, or did they get lucky??

If I want a herding dog, I get a collie or healer. If I want a hunting dog, I get a pointer or setter or lab. If you want a good pet, you get a dog that has good "pet" characteristics. Foremost, that it isn't capable of killing small children or inflicting more than just a few mild flesh wounds if it decides to go beserk...

You don't try to make an Indy car out of a pickup truck. You don't haul your boat with a Honda Civic. Why in the helll do some folks insist on trying to make a pit bull or rott into a family pet??

Makes sense to me. About 30 years ago, I found a book entitled "The Truth About Dogs" by a vet describing the qualities of different breeds. I was surprised to see how often German Shepherds killed infants and small children and how bad Chows are.

He wrote that coon hounds were one of the very finest breeds as pets. Why? Because they are bred as working dogs by practical farmers. If a dog does not exhibit good qualities, it will be put down so as not to repeat the defects in the breed.

I currently have 4 Jack Russell Terriers and they are too feisty for their own good.

Now that we are in NM, our neighbors way they would have no chance, even as a group, against coyotes, cougars and bears, all of which roam this area. I keep them fenced, but indoors at night.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by MILES58
Originally Posted by SBTCO

Now Miles, if you are still slandering me as an apologist for pits this makes at least 3 times you've called for my permanent removal from our wonderful planet.

Your last chance to say sorry and be nice...or else!

Or else what? You going to go buy a pit and show me how nice they are?

Lol.

Or else you get another warning!

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Aren't people who worship cats or dogs considered to be pagans?

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by whelennut

Maybe so,personally I worship big titted blondes in Viking getgups, so what's your point?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Maybe so,personally I worship big titted blondes in Viking getgups, so what's your point?

Pics or it didn't happen.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Pics or it didn't happen.

P

How's about a stanza from a poem instead?

Three times nine girls, but one girl rode ahead,
white-skinned under her helmet;
the horses were trembling, from their manes
dew fell into the deep valleys,
hail in the high woods;
good fortune comes to men from there;
all that I saw was hateful to me.

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valkyrie)

Not a bad thing to worship, eh Jorge!

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MILES58

You really need to deal with these anger issues, Miles.

However, (speiling and grameer aside) if you reread my posts you will find in no way I have apologized for pitbulls or their owners. I would have done the same thing as the OP if faced with a similar scenario and have myself put a slug in the skull of a dog that was not raised properly and had a serious pack leader complex that got out of hand.

Any idiot, knows that pit bulls have the potential of being killers and they've proven as much many times. Of course there are those owners and their children who have been saved by their pit bulls from attacks by both 2 and 4 legged creatures and would send lead your way if you tried put their dog down. The same can be said of many other breeds. Check out the link: http://www.dogsbite.org/pdf/dog-attack-deaths-maimings-merritt-clifton-2013.pdf Pits are obviously at the top of the list, but there are a lot of other breeds that maim and kill. Even you beloved English Setter put its mark on the list for at least one maiming.

There's a huge difference between a dog that goes bang and pops someone and then backs out which is far and away what goes on in most cases with most breeds. The dogs that go into berserk mode at don't back away after bang have no place on earth. Neither do the ass wipe apologists for them. Tying to equate a bit with going into kill mode is rationalization at it's worst. You can go to a field trail and walk through a string of setters chained to a truck. I doubt if even you would be stupid enough to try that with a string of pits.

It's not a matter of courage or steadfastness. The damn dogs just go into kill mode without regard to what it is they're killing or if there is any reason to do so. I have seen many many instances of bird dogs willing to kill themselves to do what they're bred to do. Nor is it a matter of intelligence since a pit doesn't bother to figure out what it's killing or if there's a threat requiring that response, that's just another rationalization by their ass wipe defender/apologists. Neither a matter of defense of home/property, go ask a chessie some time if you can have something of his. You will likely get bang, but he isn't going to kill you once he's convinced you it's not yours.

In short, there's no place for a dog that cannot be trusted. Just like there's no place for ass wipes who think they're good for something.
'you're worse than a fuggin liberal gun grabber. 3x as stupid too. Absolutely nothing you've wrote on this thread is correct, its nothing more than knee jerk rhetoric from an incredibly unintelligent person.

Last edited by acooper1983; 01/27/16.

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Hey Gino, You up for being my corner man (or bucketman or what ever the WNKA calls it)? You sound like you've had some experience in these matters of testicle mashing contests.

HA HA,

sorry bud, I'm not choosing sides. And at my age I have not interest in such merriment! (even with soft shoes and cups I'd not like to see the outcome should someone "miss")

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Thanks. I think Pits get a bad rap for the most part as everyone of them I've encountered have been big pussy cats.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
There's the rub. They all are...... until they ain't.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
But......"they" get the opportunity.

Not that you GAF what a Yanked thinks, but in your position I would have done the same. My "neighbor" on the property behind me (he's quite a ways off in reality) has pits.....maybe only one now as I think his oldest died. Both are/were apprehension trained and fairly solid. He knew, with no confusion, that I'd smoke his digs in a heartbeat if they got loose/were a problem. He's a responsible dog owner so no issue.

Where the "argument" goes sideways is when folks (not you HH) try telling folks what dogs "should" be owned. Slippery slope

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My sister once spent a couple days in the hospital, courtesy of a black lab.

Yep, a black lab. Bit her on the arm, and the bite got infected. The owners paid the medical bills, and put down the dog. It had bitten someone else before.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by acooper1983
If the dog was attacking, then you did nothing wrong, but theres a lot of you guys that don't understand the breed , I've got 2 of them sitting right next to me, they're not dogs for inexperienced owners, and thats why there is problems with them. about 5% of the owners that have them should have them, they're stubborn, powerful, intelligent breed, but you can't train them like some sissy ass lab or a bird dog. Given the right training, and a knowledgeable individual they are fantastic dogs, my training would be called border line animal abuse, but my dogs mind, and know who the boss is, all it takes is a look and they are running to their corners.

Right there is part of the problem. Macho dog owners.
BTW- When it comes to dog intelligence the "sissy Labs" rank 7th and the Bull Terrier doesn't even crack the top 60. Pitt Bulls ain't exactly the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Last edited by LostHighway; 01/27/16.
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
I missed that the 1st time. A big, yellow "sissy ass lab" is what kept them on their side of the hill the last year, but he came up missing a couple of months ago. I suspect the Pit's owner had something to do with it, but never had any evidence.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RDFinn

Thanks. I think Pits get a bad rap for the most part as everyone of them I've encountered have been big pussy cats.

I can't quite say the same as I volunteered quite a bit here:

http://www.fresnobullyrescue.org/

and we got dogs in that were basically "un-adoptable". Small percentage, but we got them. Some I wouldn't even get in the kennel with, the permanent workers who were familiarized with them had that job.

Fresno must have the highest per capita population of "pit bulls" I've ever seen. Chihuahuas also. In the same household a lot of times! And folks in one neighborhood my wife lived in were in the habit of letting them out in the AM to do their business.

Yours look wonderful.

Geno

In it is contentment

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by LostHighway
If the dog was attacking, then you did nothing wrong, but theres a lot of you guys that don't understand the breed , I've got 2 of them sitting right next to me, they're not dogs for inexperienced owners, and thats why there is problems with them. about 5% of the owners that have them should have them, they're stubborn, powerful, intelligent breed, but you can't train them like some sissy ass lab or a bird dog. Given the right training, and a knowledgeable individual they are fantastic dogs, my training would be called border line animal abuse, but my dogs mind, and know who the boss is, all it takes is a look and they are running to their corners.

BTW- When it comes to dog intelligence the "sissy Labs" rank 7th and the Bull Terrier doesn't even crack the top 60. Pitt Bulls ain't exactly the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Even with the threat of a another nut kicking challenge, I have to disagree with the supposed intelligence quotient given to breeds. Maybe some validity in the most basic way but like people, it mostly comes down to the individual. Although I do think the less refined/domesticated the breed is the higher the IQ value, such as primitive/pariah type breeds.

A dog may be less trainable than others or not do well in set up IQ tests but that may be them just not wanting to mess with it. Case in point, our old GSD came to recall and other basic commands just fine but in the big scheme of things she was about as low IQ as they come. Our Karelian Bear dog would out smart her in his sleep with one paw tied behind his tail, and did it constantly. The breeder the GSD came from had been supplying local law enforcement with dogs so she had the "breeding", poor thing just got the crap end of the litter.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by LostHighway

Even with the threat of a another nut kicking challenge, I have to disagree with the supposed intelligence quotient given to breeds. Maybe some validity in the most basic way but like people, it mostly comes down to the individual. Although I do think the less refined/domesticated the breed is the higher the IQ value, such as primitive/pariah type breeds.

A dog may be less trainable than others or not do well in set up IQ tests but that may be them just not wanting to mess with it. Case in point, our old GSD came to recall and other basic commands just fine but in the big scheme of things she was about as low IQ as they come. Our Karelian Bear dog would out smart her in his sleep with one paw tied behind his tail, and did it constantly. The breeder the GSD came from had been supplying local law enforcement with dogs so she had the "breeding", poor thing just got the crap end of the litter.

Well, maybe I will serve as your second, seeing as how you had a Karelian. cool

Geno

PS, naahh, but it's still cool you not only know what one is but owned one

In it is contentment

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 007FJ, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 16penny, 55 invisible), 2,364 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,253
Posts18,466,977
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.