-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Anyone using the First Lite Sanctuary jkt and bibs? Impressions/Comments?

They have a sale coming up on Friday...................

Thanks.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
GB1

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
What website for the sale, First Lite?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Firstlite.com

"One man with courage makes a majority."

Hank
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Thank you much!

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Can't help you on the Sanctuary but Midway USA is running the same sale (on the Real Tree items) as First Lite.

Midway also has 2 left of the Halstead Fleece, size large, color Dry Earth, for $65 and free shipping. I got one earlier this week. Little I've worn it I really like it.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/23...-4-zip-shirt-long-sleeve-synthetic-blend

He went over yonder way
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks. found that this AM while I was waiting on First Lite to open. I snagged the Sanctuary coat and bibs from Midway instead of waiting for FL to open.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The FL Sanctuary arrived. Summary - it is the real deal.

I ordered a size medium coat and bibs. It fits perfect. One thing I notice about FL, it runs true to size or a tad big. As per the norm, I'm always on the border between a medium and large (41" chest). I bought mediums in base layers, except the Llano, and fit is spot on. I'm able to wear my Browning puffy (130 gms/m primaloft) under the Sanctuary with no restrictions. The arms from the wrist down are 'more form fitting' than I'm used to but not restrictive. The bibbs come up the back and under the arm pits just right. The bibs fit great - which is sometimes an issue with me because I have a 33" waist but overall narrow hips. I have been known to buy a small in pants/bibs.

The fabric is quiet and has none of the swishy fabric noise. It should be silent when moving and game is close. The zippers all seem substantial enough to last. I have a 33" inseam and the bibs are none to long. For me they will be perfect with a pair of boots and gaiters. Pockets are nicely laid out. It is well insulated and feels like it. Some of the newer jackets I've been playing with either seem like boat anchors or way too wispy to make you feel like its going to be warm. I wore it around the house for 5 minutes with my Browning puffy under and started to sweat. The stuff is warm. I bought it to sit in treestands when it cold. I wanted a quiet fabric that was a bit more form fitting than most of the other cold weather clothes I've worn in the past.

Down sides: The outfit is not water proof. It is "moisture resistant" and comes with a DWR coating. FL said it would shed light rain and snow. We'll see. Price is a down side but I bought the closeout at Midway for 60% the cost of a more trendy camo pattern. So far thats all the downsides I see. I've spent way too much money at Midway in the past 2 weeks........

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for the review as I'm interested in these for treestand pursuits here. Sounds like it about what I'd need. Not being waterproof is not a deal breaker for me.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Was checking them pout again this AM. Another little tidbit - the leg zippers basically go all the way to the crotch. Plus the fabric in the backside is different than the material on the rest of the garment. The website is silent on the different material but I'm betting its waterproof fro sitting.

These things are the ticket for TS hunting. Midway has them for about nothing if you can live with RealTree. I can <G>

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I could too! I'm just that broke right now. Stupid freaking Mouse in Orlando...

Thanks for the info though. I'll keep an eye out for when the finances jive.

Last edited by pointer; 02/03/16.
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

648 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 74 invisible), 2,507 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,686
Posts18,456,386
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.