Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
I think it's bullschitt of the highest order!!

The Lone Ranter in the corner trying to convince Tanto everyone else is wrong, but not saying why...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
I've had a bottle dry up and they replaced it only to dry up again. I read somewhere they changed the formula and it wasn't as good until they reformulated it. Said that if your DBC patches don't dry up and harden you have the crappy stuff. Anyone heard this? The best results I've had have been from the first bottle on a very bad fouling gun.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I'd bet the problem was the bottles they used for a while, which were the problem, not the formula.

I've been using DBC since the stuff was gray instead of clear, but it's always worked very well if applied correctly.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yup. The plastic bottles allowed the product to dry out over time. The move to metal containers has solved that problem. I've never come across a batch that didn't work correctly.

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
You are probably right. I've been applying it to every gun I get and haven't had any fouling problems. It has helped all the ones that were problems without it.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Does a plastic sabot in a muzzleloader or shotgun slug barrel do the tight job to “set” the DBC? I’m assuming the friction snd heat if firing work together to “set” whatever compound is in the DBC.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Yup. The plastic bottles allowed the product to dry out over time. The move to metal containers has solved that problem. I've never come across a batch that didn't work correctly.

Yep and store in the fridge.

DF

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by Tannhauser
Does a plastic sabot in a muzzleloader or shotgun slug barrel do the tight job to “set” the DBC? I’m assuming the friction snd heat if firing work together to “set” whatever compound is in the DBC.

The main source of the heat is powder gas.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

Yep and store in the fridge.

DF

Want to add, it seems to me DBC “failures” are a function of barrel prep, or lack thereof. The Hawkeye really helps in that regard. Clean patches by themselves may not tell the whole story.

Bore has to be clean down to the raw steel for an optimal result. Then, after DBC, no brushes or abrasives. Just a good soaking with a cleaner. My current fav is Patch Out, but have used others, such as Eliminator. A cleaner and patch are all you’ll need if it’s done right.

DF

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My only complaints are it is expensive and I have found no place in Alaska to buy it. So, I had to get some assistance to get my hands on some. I also like their Gun Shield for use on my guns metal, both inside and out and on magazines and the inside of magazine tubes on my lever guns. I wonder if it is the same stuff. My guns do seem easier to clean with their product application.

Also, my experience with them on the phone and with e-mails has not been pleasant and after two years and being told they would call me back, I am still waiting for a couple of questions to be answered and assistance with getting my hands on their product. I think they forgot about me.....

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why don't you just order it from Midway?

Dyna-Tek Bore Coat

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Most wont ship to Alaska

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Why don't you just order it from Midway?

Dyna-Tek Bore Coat

Yep, been looking myself.

Haz mat fee of $50 or more - has to come ground, i.e. - truck to Seattle, barge to Alaska. 3-5 weeks. One would think Cabelas or Sportsman's Warehouse would carry it up here, but no.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
That's unfortunate, as DBC does provide some extra protection against rust, along with reducing fouling and making bore cleaning far easier.

John Steinbeck
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
That's unfortunate, as DBC does provide some extra protection against rust, along with reducing fouling and making bore cleaning far easier.

MD et al,

Would you recommend DBC for a new rimfire (22 LR)? (posted in Rimfires but no love)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I did almost every center fire rifles after I tried it on a couple of prairie dog rifles since I was very impressed. I may have done all, IDK.
I also did my muzzle loaders. I didn’t do my shotguns - yet. I think I probably should do a couple of my revolvers and as of yet have not.
Some rifles had a dramatic improvement, one I particular needed two applications but after the second the barrel was amazingly easy to clean. It was not so before I DBC’d the barrel.

No barrel was worse after the treatment, maybe a couple that were pretty good before the treatment didn’t improve as much - little room for improvement. But a few were so much better afterwards.

I’ve bought and sold some rifles since then and now I’ll treat the barrel on a new one to me if I think it needs it.

In my opinion, less copper, less carbon build up, longer times between needed cleaning and much easier to clean.

I have wondered about coating the outside metal parts for rust protection.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Bugger,

The same company makes a product named Dyna Tek Gun Shield. You degrease and warm up the outside metal of the firearms, then apply a thin coating and let it dry. It's invisible--blued guns look exactly the same as before--but protects from rust for at least a couple years before needing to be reapplied. It also results in slicker moving parts.

John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Bugger,

The same company makes a product named Dyna Tek Gun Shield. You degrease and warm up the outside metal of the firearms, then apply a thin coating and let it dry. It's invisible--blued guns look exactly the same as before--but protects from rust for at least a couple years before needing to be reapplied. It also results in slicker moving parts.

I’ll be buying and trying that.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I might have missed this but what procedure for an AR? Does the gas system present a problem? And is a .22 groove difficult to apply the liquid? tia

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by shootem
I might have missed this but what procedure for an AR? Does the gas system present a problem? And is a .22 groove difficult to apply the liquid? tia

Best procedure for an AR is to put on a chrome lined barrel
wink

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

395 members (12344mag, 17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 33 invisible), 2,597 guests, and 1,006 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,283
Posts18,467,796
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.