Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Kasich is a non factor he certainly won nothing other than showing he's not a conservative.
I am even more convinced after last nights debate Trump is bad news and a poison pill.

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

GB1

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Nothing from last night will reverse Trump's upcoming primary victory in SC.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Trump got rattled and showed his true self last night.

It wasn't comforting.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Rubio won the debate hands down.

Cruz was second.

Trump had his "Rubio" week last night.

Carson was terrible, just terrible.

Kasich was OK but still a VP guy to me.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by isaac
Nothing from last night will reverse Trump's upcoming primary victory in SC.
Likely not as the angry are still thinking with their hearts and not their heads

Bob are you more,less or equally in Trumps camp after last nights debate as opposed to prior to the debate?
Also taking into consideration Scalia's death

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rrroae
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by rrroae
lolol

I'm under no illusions with what I'm getting with Trump. I'm just ready for someone to tear down the whole damn system and he's screwed up enough to do that.

My friend, Twimp loves the "system". A little grease here and a little green there, and Twimp buys himself a politician he needs "move things along". He's as crooked as a dog's hind leg. He should fit right in with "the system".

Yeah bud, I hear you and I know he's a slime.

But there's just something really satisfying about seeing the pimple faced GOP leadership bust that purple vein on their forehead with trump tearing down their little world.

It's my way, and I suspect it's the same for others, of telling the GOP to GFY for the song and dance routine they've played on us for the past couple of decades.

Three SCOTUS nominations (assuming the Senate holds against Hussein) in 4 years. That's what is on the line.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by 4ager

Three SCOTUS nominations (assuming the Senate holds against Hussein) in 4 years. That's what is on the line.

I would rather have Cruz making those appointments. I've gotten to the point where I can't stand Trump but will vote Republican no matter who the nominee is.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Trump's performance last night was anything but presidential, talking over the other candidates, calling names and personal attacks. He needs to stop making faces when he doesn't agree with what other candidates are saying. Cruz and Rubio seemed to do well and their numbers should reflect that. Kasich and Carson should be the next to drop out of the race, Bush too but he won't. The only ones not calling the others liars were Kasich and Carson, and the bickering about legislation that never passed seemed really pointless too.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I can see Trump's candle slowly burning out.It is good that he woke a lot of people up and maybe will improve turn out,
But I just don't see him leading our country.
ymmv

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Huntingnut
Trump peed down his leg, not his best night. Especially right before SC. The only two on that stage I'd hate to vote for are Bush and Kasich, but Trump really did himself no favors tonight.
I watched the whole thing and didn't see that at all. He was his usual self, which is apparently what the base likes. I liked his foreign policy statements very much.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Trump's poll numbers won't suffer. For every Conservative he loses because of his attack on GWB, he will pick up a Liberal.

Rubio will be crowned the debate winner.
GWB was no conservative. Not by a long shot. Attacking GWB's neo-conservatism will pick up real conservative votes for Trump.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Shag
Last thing this country needs is another career politician. JMO... Good old boy clubs are why this country is in a politically correct "blacklives matter" state of being. Makes me want to puke..
This.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What if Trump, who historically has been a liberal, was prompted to run for President as a Conservative by the Democratic Party? He changes his position, garners support, speaks for all the "angry" voters out there...then starts a political implosion as we get closer to election day bringing down the entire conservative side of the voting ballot in the process. Just a thought.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by BlueRidgeHunter
Originally Posted by 4ager

I would rather have Cruz making those appointments. I've gotten to the point where I can't stand Trump but will vote Republican no matter who the nominee is.
If Cruz is the nominee, and wins office, it won't be he who picks Supreme Court Justices. The names of those who will are such as Blankfein and Adelson.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Trump is no dummy and obviously has moved on to the general election. Beating up on a Bush goes a longggg way in a general election and his attacks were premeditated.

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Trump's poll numbers won't suffer. For every Conservative he loses because of his attack on GWB, he will pick up a Liberal.

I'm not a Trump fan but will agree his poll numbers won't likely move. What has yet to be seen though is did he minimize himself by his behavior on stage. I don't think the most ardent supporters would say his behavior was Presidential last night and the question that will be answered in time is did he attract new support or minimize what he currently has?

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

I'm not a Trump fan but will agree his poll numbers won't likely move. What has yet to be seen though is did he minimize himself by his behavior on stage. I don't think the most ardent supporters would say his behavior was Presidential last night and the question that will be answered in time is did he attract new support or minimize what he currently has?
We can all see he's a jerk. What he's not, however, is owned. At this point in US history, that's what the Republican base is insisting on. You can blame the Republican establishment for that development.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

I'm not thrilled with what is defined as "Presidential". It is a manner that has certainly not worked as far as getting elected. I want, and feel we need, a warrior. The Democrats certainly get warriors. It has been a long time since Republicans have fought hard for anything. I get the feeling they are working at appealing to the media and democrats, instead of the unwashed masses that elect them. I am willing to accept some warts on a warrior.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by StrayDog
Originally Posted by efw
Love love love Carson the man sounds so beautifully Reaganesque
Maybe what he is saying, but his voice and tone are like mister Rogers.

Yeah but I loved Ron Paul; I'll take substance over presentation any day of the week while recognizing that doesn't necessarily win elections.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Mink
What if Trump, who historically has been a liberal, was prompted to run for President as a Conservative by the Democratic Party? He changes his position, garners support, speaks for all the "angry" voters out there...then starts a political implosion as we get closer to election day bringing down the entire conservative side of the voting ballot in the process. Just a thought.

^^^^^
This, with Hillary coasting below the radar during the primaries, has been the Clinton's plan for Trump all along. He is running to cause chaos, maximally disrupting the Republican nomination process - damaging all Republican candidates in the process to make them unelectable in the general election. Clearing the path for Hillary to win as POTUS despite her criminality has been the plan from the beginning. This is right up Bill's & Hill's & their minions' diabolical politics of personal destruction.

Time to wake up and select one of the non-Dem Republicans who can win and can appoint SCOUS justices who will uphold the Constitution. That description doesn't fit Trump. His run for the nomination is nothing but a Clinton dirty trick to suppress the conservative vote.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 50 invisible), 2,533 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,953
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.