Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rost495
Nuts here lately, though I"m almost at 48 hours without a page right now which is NICE... It was probably Christmas time starting that we had not gone a single day without at least one call...

I don't know about mountain lions and live pigs and live javelina, I know they eat/bury dead javelina and pigs both.

But feral pigs have never touched a javelina when I've been around.

My outfitter buddy down in AZ says they just love the little "reds". Haven't spent enough time out in the wilds down there to have seen it myself, but they sure would be a tasty snack for a big kitty.

Enjoy what's left of the day there, I better get to doin' a bit more here too.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U guys need some wolves ! 1st off tag every wolf you turn lose ...after some time most all the pigs will be gone ...then turn on the taged wolves "tags". ...then wack them ! Easy chit!

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
wolves would die of heat stroke here... LOL. I damn near do every year..

Was only in the 60s the other day and fought a car fire with full bunker gear. Even my socks and drawers were wet.....thats flipping February....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by speedsixman
For any of the guys fussing about liability of the land owner for hunters on their property, has anyone checked the property liability laws in Texas ?

I know nothing about Texas, but in Ohio and some other states there is a state law that prevents the landowner from getting sued by people he gives permission to hunt on his property.

Myron

Most serious hunters in Texas lease, at least, some land. One of the requirements for leased land is that it is not sub-leased. But, I'm pretty sure that most of these guys are just trying to be nice about saying "no"...kinda like when you're retarded neighbor asks to borrow your car "Uhhh...I'd like to but my insurance won't let me.". Any of you guys that I don't have on ignore are welcome to come hunt with me. It ain't easy though.
Even me?

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There are only three things that are really bad for deer. Dogs, drought and the rut.

Deer will be thrilled to know disease, wolves, coyotes, bears, and cougars are no longer a threat to them. I'll be sure and pass the word along.

LOL
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Fireball2
There are only three things that are really bad for deer. Dogs, drought and the rut.

Deer will be thrilled to know disease, wolves, coyotes, bears, and cougars are no longer a threat to them. I'll be sure and pass the word along.

Don't forget deep snow and poor habitat.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Let's add down here in Tx. Fireball

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I know I had to laugh too. Having a Texan lecture us about deer hunting is like taking love advice from a hooker. grin

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Who's us?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Here's a question-what does hog chit look like. Who has a pic.?

I see weird scat , not sure if it's a hog or what.
Pig [bleep] is not far removed from people [bleep]. Depends on what they've been eatin' and how wormy they are. Same with hogs.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Here's a question-what does hog chit look like. Who has a pic.?

I see weird scat , not sure if it's a hog or what.
Pig [bleep] is not far removed from people [bleep]. Depends on what they've been eatin' and how wormy they are. Same with hogs.

I went and googled it. You are correct.

http://articles.extension.org/pages/63654/feral-hog-field-sign

That's not what this looked like. Should of taken a pic.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Who's us?

Not you.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Whew

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Last time I was there me and some co-workers killed a couple dozen (26 to be exact) and did about same the two times before that.

Ate another one (we let the rancher get us an eater and they cook them

I would like to do the helicopter thing but too expensive

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
"Us" would be those of "us" that live amongst several different species of deer and that hunt those different species. "We" know the difference, behaviorally speaking, of the various species and corn feeders don't factor in.

"Us" don't have leases and have real mountains we hunt. Generally speaking "us" live in the mountainous west.

I didn't include you in the "us" for those reasons and believe you could benefit from the deer lecture.

Hope that clears it up for ya. Carry on.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by rost495
They will not eat dead javelina, though mountain lions will....

Now that's interesting, they won't eat a javelina.

I had thought of including introducing/re-introducing mt. lions to parts of TX as a solution to the pig problem, and they'd more than likely help out with the javelina on those places that don't like having so many. Pretty sure they are the major predator of javelina in AZ.

Geno

PS, rost, stay safe on your call-outs. one can never be too careful there.
texas has plenty of lions.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
"Us" would be those of "us" that live amongst several different species of deer and that hunt those different species. "We" know the difference, behaviorally speaking, of the various species and corn feeders don't factor in.

"Us" don't have leases and have real mountains we hunt. Generally speaking "us" live in the mountainous west.

I didn't include you in the "us" for those reasons and believe you could benefit from the deer lecture.

Hope that clears it up for ya. Carry on.
TFF I'm dying

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

I know I had to laugh too. Having a Texan lecture us about deer hunting is like taking love advice from a hooker. grin

Thanks for the compliment! Hookers are professionals, I guess that makes us the same. wink

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Hard to believe with Texas' lax hunting regulations... just look what the nation was able to do with the buffalo herds! Hell I think most people prefer rely on pork more so than beef, problem should be easy to cure.

Phil

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
How did the hogs that ran wild around the southern areas of the country less than 100 years ago all get wiped out until recently?

What worked then that won't work now?

Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1234, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 45 invisible), 2,087 guests, and 1,137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,089
Posts18,464,017
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.