Campfire Tracker
Bump---I am in

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I like "Rural Living" -doing it, learning more about it, and sharing it. I'd spend more time on this site, in such a forum, even though it's a great place, already.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Last edited by Sharpsman; 02/24/16.

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I like the idea. "Rural Living" sounds good to me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm good with "Maters-N-chit"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"Coleman Country, Seed, Soil, and Water, most Critters Welcome"

grin

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've got a serious question:

If Rick creates a 'Rural Living/Coleman Memorial' Forum, will I end up with 18 tractors, 13 different blades, an irrigation system fit for a small country, and 47 different types of livestock? That's what seemed to happen after participating in the firearms forums....

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here we are, gents. Enjoy.

If there are any recent threads that need to be moved into this section, please link me to them and I'll get them over here.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks Rick

Much appreciated.

Now I have another way to "waste time".......
while learning.

grin

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Matt in Virginia
Originally Posted by keystoneben
The campfire would make a great spot if we could cut back on the political, grump, and conspiracy threads.

fwiw,
The only part of country living that can leave me GRUMPY is repeated visits to my local John Deere parts counter in my effort to replace the 1973(two years older than I am)4020 Diesel that my Grandfather bought, my father rebuilt, and I am trying to keep the exterior and particular the battery system from eating me alive... I coulda boughta kubota for the money I've spent...(true)

Beware of old tractors. They are mad about the lack of a retirement plan...

Regards, Matt.
No offense, but there's no such thing as a 1973 4020. I don't know when the actual production ended...maybe they made them into '73, but the models years end in 1972.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Deere_Model_4020

Ethan,
Interesting... Will work that into conversation with my parts guy. You are getting the credit wether you want it or not...
Matt.

NRA Life Benefactor Member
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It's up...Fantastic...Thank you Mr Bin!

When I no longer have the right to protect my own person or property...my person and property have become public property in common.
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Great, and at the right time too. Lots are starting plants from seeds, as we are.

In my mind, the thread on raising meat rabbits should go along well here. We've been doing it for several years, build a shelter that is fenced all around to keep varmints out, cages suspended off the ground. 8 to 10 weeks are about right for slaughter, they skin out real easy when young. Very good meat.'

Chickens are another topic that could fit here, not only for eggs but meat chickens. We have raised cornish cross if I remember right, again, in 6 to 8 weeks they are ready to butcher. They get so big they can hardly walk. I made a way to raise and clean up if anyone is interested.

I have also heard of raising quail. Easy to house and raise to killing stage, but never done it.

We have raised out pigs for butchering. We buy a couple young piglets once they are weaned, then raise them out. Frankly, we haul them to a local slaughter house and have them do the work. It's a LOT of work to process start to finish, I aint as young anymore!

This could spread out into sub categories very easy!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by Bugout4x4
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Really?

Then I would certainly not contribute, with that sort of regulation on a forum.

By the same line of thinking, we should also prohibit someone that makes their living in the firearms industry from posting in the shooting forums.

Here's a clue for you...

People that want advice on how certain things work, and why they work that way, are not going to seek that advice from other beginners. The input of people that actually know the mechanics of a specialized subject are the most valuable part of the discussions.

I was thinking of a similar reply as you posted this one. Who better to appreciate free advice from but someone who has toiled and suffered with hard work and mistakes yet became successful in building a Full Blown Operation? These are the guys you WANT to share advice and experience because apparently they know their stuff and have already proven it!

The broader the input base the more info shared. Coleman Country would work. This has the potential to be great.

mike r

Absolutely^^^^^^^^^^^ The more the merrier....if the "purist" nit-pickers don't like it create a sticky with a visual demonstration on how to hit the back button.....

PS......Another vote for "Coleman Country"...............

"Sign...Sign...everywhere a sign...Blocking out the scenery breaking my mind...Do this...Don't do that...can't you read the Sign?"

One of the reasons I joined and enjoy the fire is because of the true lack of Signs here. Something I noticed about Websites with too many Signs...They fade away and become no more.

The open communication and dialog here on the Fire is what makes it popular and draws participation. I hope everyone here realizes how rare this type of unregulated dialog is becoming.

We all have the will power to regard or disregard content using our own self responsibility, Or at least we should. Asking for more signs could be a mistake and from what I see unproductive effort anyhow.

I have a feeling the owner of this site may have driven over a few BLM "Flappers" himself... smile

Last edited by Bugout4x4; 02/24/16.

When I no longer have the right to protect my own person or property...my person and property have become public property in common.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
thanks again Rick!

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Rick!

Man that was fast!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Is there going to be a Round-up ready garden sub-forum?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I look forward to hearing from the burnout hippies from the 60's, man they grew some good stuff. crazy laugh

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Is there going to be a Round-up ready garden sub-forum?

Yep, right below the organic sub-forum.......
We could challenge them to a sword fight,
but those greenies might like it. grin

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rick, thanks for the rural living category.
I think Monsanto should sponsor the roundup ready sub-forum.
They care about people.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Chipotle is not going to cook with GMO ingredients.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (1moredeer, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 57 invisible), 2,202 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,111
Posts18,464,373
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.