Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
What all you doofi keep missin bout TX is that, less the Cruzer gets over 50% of the vote (he won't), the delegates are awarded proportionally.

So, even if the Cruzer "wins" w/34%, he will only get a few more delegates than DT, depending.

Which means he loses, in the only state where he has a chance.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If Kasich wins Ohio and Rubio wins Florida, they still project that Trump will lead in the delegate count but it will virtually guarantee a brokered convention with Rubio being a close second to Trump, Cruz a distant 3rd

That means the establishment will push for Rubio

Unfortunately for Cruz fans, there is no current realistic scenario where Cruz takes the lead or even gains enough delegates to pass Rubio.

Last edited by KFWA; 02/25/16.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Trump is ahead. But caucuses are not elections. If he does well on Super Tuesday he will actually have gotten ahead. But Texas wil show what he can draw in an open election. trump can easily lose the general to hitlery or Bernie Stalin

Last edited by BMT; 02/25/16.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Tomorrow is the last day to vote early FWI.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
By the way,...you probably don't want Rubio hear you say that you want to pull for him.

He'll grin and get his peter out.

With those friggen ears of his, he probably did hear it.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
trump can easily lose the general to hitlery or Bernie Stalin
-----------

Nonsense.

Trump is actually the only one who can win the general election.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
If he does well on Super Tuesday he will actually have gotten ahead.
------------

You mean Cruz doing well? Where?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fubarski
What all you doofi keep missin bout TX is that, less the Cruzer gets over 50% of the vote (he won't), the delegates are awarded proportionally.

So, even if the Cruzer "wins" w/34%, he will only get a few more delegates than DT, depending.

Which means he loses, in the only state where he has a chance

No question that Cruz will win the most delegates if you have a clue about Texas and how the delegates are apportioned.

There are 36 Districts in Tx and each district awards 3 delegates like this:

Win over 50% in the district and take all 3.

Win 20% and participate in the proportional distribution if no candidate has 50%.

108 delegates are awarded in this manner.

An additional 47 bonus delegates are won by rules only a Texas Lawyer can explain.[he may not understand them, but he will explain them]

All 155 delegates are awarded on Mar 1.

Is Trump likely to win 50% in any District? Same question to Cruz and Rubio.

Is Trump likely to miss the 20% cutoff in any District? Same question to Cruz and Rubio.

Rubio needs to get his 20% in each District to keep Trump's delegate count down.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Looks like it will be a close delegate division between Trump and Cruz.

William Arthur Ward

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by isaac

...which is a win for Trump in Cruz's home state! Pretty funny seeing that many Texans voting for a New Yorker. Just reinforces Trumps momentum.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Texas all in for Trump. Texans are tough & smart, thus the support for Trump.

Principle Above All Else
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
W I N N I N G

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
rubio's a little punk !!

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bluemonday

Yes, the pro homo JOOS have already weighed in for Rubio, we should fall in line as well.

Bigoted AND stupid. How fitting, Darrell..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac

I don't believe it will be all that close, but I could be wrong.

So it doesn't sound like "sour grapes" after the election, I'll point out something about Trump voters in this Primary:

For all of my early voting years, I voted in the Dem Primaries because there was no R Primary here. Even after the R's started holding Primaries, they ran no candidates for local offices, so I still had to vote in the Dem Primary.

Now that situation is reversed in many places in Texas. If a Democrat wants any say in local matters, he has to vote in the R Primary, then in the General Election he will vote a straight Dem ticket.

Now... if Trump is the Nominee, Texas will go for him in the General, just as if he were a genuine Republican. Nobody wants Hillary or Bernie.

But a good bit of Trump support in this Primary will be from Dem voters in the cities.

Rubio should pick up quite a few delegates in the RGV from Dem voters, along with some bona fide Hispanic Republicans. There really are quite a few of them in Texas. Drive thru the Mexican part of town and you can bet the guy who runs the used tire place, and the owners of the pawn shops are Republicans.

But don't believe that Trump drawing Dem voters in Texas is a reliable indicator of his ability to do it Nationwide.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Trump is consistently pulling more Hispanic support than either of the two Hispanics in the race.

Cruz is done; Rubio is next.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Trump is consistently pulling more Hispanic support than either of the two Hispanics in the race.

You really got "it" bad. Maybe the most afflicted one around this campfire.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by curdog4570

But a good bit of Trump support in this Primary will be from Dem voters in the cities.

Rubio should pick up quite a few delegates in the RGV from Dem voters, along with some bona fide Hispanic Republicans. There really are quite a few of them in Texas. Drive thru the Mexican part of town and you can bet the guy who runs the used tire place, and the owners of the pawn shops are Republicans.

But don't believe that Trump drawing Dem voters in Texas is a reliable indicator of his ability to do it Nationwide.

If this is the case, I'm leaning more towards a Trump victory.

And Trump will be pulling democrat voters in the general election as well, nationally. MI, NJ, NY, RI, CT, just to name a few.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer

You really got "it" bad. Maybe the most afflicted one around this campfire.

you might as well face reality, Cruz isn't going to be the GOP Candidate to face Hillary in NOV.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Bluemonday

Yes, the pro homo JOOS have already weighed in for Rubio, we should fall in line as well.

Bigoted AND stupid. How fitting, Darrell..

You're now a pro-homo apologist?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 53 invisible), 2,295 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,609
Posts18,454,873
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.