Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Penobscot_99
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by Calvin
Trump is very accomplished and actually has hired the right people for various leadership positions. Look for him to use that experience to have a great team working with him.

Vote Trump to make America great again.

http://spectator.org/
Trump, who inherited hundreds of millions of dollars from his father, failed with Trump Steaks, failed with Trump Vodka, failed with the United States Football League, failed with Trump Air, failed with Trump Mortgage company, failed with his major companies’ four infamous bankruptcies, and failed spectacularly with a real-estate seminar series grandiosely called Trump University, even though it awarded no accredited degrees.

For the latter, he appeared in ads saying the seminars would feature his own personal investment strategies and instructors he hand-picked — but in a court deposition, he admitted he couldn’t identify any of the teachers and was almost entirely unfamiliar with course contents. The enterprise folded some five years ago, but remains subject to three major lawsuits alleging deceptive trade practices. The complaints allege that those taking the seminars paid up to $35,000 for near-useless information and for promised “mentoring” that rarely was provided.

As for the bankruptcies, Trump dismissed them during a debate last summer as having hurt only big-money lenders who were “total killers” who merited no sympathy. In truth, though, thousands of small-business vendors, contractors, and workers were left wanting, sometimes with just pennies on the dollar. One bankruptcy alone produced a list of creditors 1,904 pages long, including at least 30 with addresses in South Carolina.

As so many of these mom-and-pop businesses were left unpaid, Trump himself, in one business “restructuring” of major Trump debts, was “limited” to a strict, personal monthly living allowance of $450,000 — as much in a single month as some of his bankruptcy creditors might make in 10 years.

Let me sum that up for you:
sTrump is a CROOK!

Hey look, it's that idiot penupthebut99.

Hey tough guy, post a picture of yourself so we can all laugh at your fat ass.

GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Trump is turning the old guard against the establishment GOP, also. Or maybe it would be more correct to say that the establishment is turning the old guard against the establishment GOP.

Somebody mentioned earlier that Newt Gingrich has been talking to Trump over the past few days.

Now, I'm not a huge fan of Gingrich, but I'd never claim that he's not a very shrewd, very intelligent political figure.

My opinion is, Gingrich saw that the establishment GOP had gotten so weak that it had to depend on an unqualified lightweight like Rubio, and decided that they're done for.

When somebody like Gingrich abandons ship, it's significant.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Bowsinger, or should I call you the Cut and Paste Queen..

Failures mean nothing. You can have hundreds of failures.. but, in the business world it just takes one or two successes.

That's something you guys don't get. You can fail at 10 businesses, and go bankrupt 10 times. But, if on that 11th time it "works", you'll make an absolute pile of money.

Trump is a businessman. He was not afraid to fail. And, he got more than enough "right".

As for the bankruptcies, Trump dismissed them during a debate last summer as having hurt only big-money lenders who were “total killers” who merited no sympathy. In truth, though, thousands of small-business vendors, contractors, and workers were left wanting, sometimes with just pennies on the dollar. One bankruptcy alone produced a list of creditors 1,904 pages long, including at least 30 with addresses in South Carolina.

And F**ked the little guy...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Failures mean nothing. You can have hundreds of failures.. but, in the business world it just takes one or two successes.

That's something you guys don't get. You can fail at 10 businesses, and go bankrupt 10 times. But, if on that 11th time it "works", you'll make an absolute pile of money.

Trump is a businessman. He was not afraid to fail. And, he got more than enough "right".

Then vote for Bernie so you can stick it to the capitalist pig!

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

'singer,

You think lending is a risk free business? Really?

If you make a loan to a business, you are making a calculated risk whether or not that business will remain viable and be able to pay back it's loans. You make that risk for the opportunity to collect interest on that money you are lending. I'm sure Trump has paid a mountain of interest to those very same lenders over the years.

Nobody is a victim. Everybody knew the risks, and nobody held a gun to the lenders heads to force them to make those loans. You really have no clue as to how business works, do you?

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Cruz has argued on the side of conservatives 9 times before the supreme court. More times than any acting member of congress.

And lost as much as he's won.

When you consider that 1 side wins and 1 loses, the Cruzer has been as effective as a monkey with a crayon.

Cruz has accomplished exactly nothing in his entire career, except promote himself.

Typical establishment loser.

Now, the Cruzer acts as if he was just watchin this stuff happen in congress, steada bein the person that coulda made a change.

Except he did nothing of any effect.

DT has had successes and failures. But he was *and is* the man in the arena.

And he has actually made a difference, all by himself.

No "congress" to blame, no O'Buckwheat, who the Cruzer *never* stopped, on any issue.

Vote for somebody who's actually accomplished something in life, or vote for the Cruzer.

Served as Solicitor General of Texas from 2003 to 2008, making him the first Hispanic Solicitor General in Texas, the youngest Solicitor General in the entire country and the longest tenure in Texas history
Partner at the law firm Morgan, Lewis & Bockius, where he led the firm’s U.S. Supreme Court and national appellate litigation practice
Authored over 80 SCOTUS briefs and presented over 40 oral arguments before The Court
In the landmark case of District of Columbia v. Heller, Cruz assembled a coalition of 31 states in defense of the principle that the 2nd Amendment guarantees an individual right to keep and bear arms. And won.
Presented oral arguments before the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
Defended the Ten Commandments monument on the Texas State Capitol grounds. And won.
Defended the recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance in public schools. And won.
Defended the State of Texas against an attempt by the International Court of Justice to re-open the criminal convictions of 51 murderers on death row throughout the United States

As a junior Senator and spending his first two years as a member of the minority party, Cruz helped stop a ton of of the Obama agenda.

Hmmm! I did not see sTrumpee mentioned in any of those fights for our rights!
Thank You Ted Cruz. Phugg you Donald...friggen Crook!

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Tuesday is voting day in Oklahoma. I am still undecided. I am considering only two candidates . . . Cruz and Trump. The number one quality for Cruz is he claims he will support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. I took that same oath decades ago, so it is really important to me. On the other hand, Trump is a proven business man who has the demonstrated knowledge and leadership to turn around our failing economy and put us on the road to solving our debt problem. Both claim they will build a wall and get all the illegals out of our country. Not sure who I am going to vote for. A Trump/Cruz ticket would be a dream team for me. Let Trump fix the economy and build the wall, while Cruz seasons and prepares to take over in eight years.

To me, Cruz is my first choice by a long way. He has a proven conservative record. He has fought the establishment when it wasn't popular. He has a proven record for gun rights. He was a key litigator that won the Heller case.

Trump says he is going to do a lot, but has never said how this can happen.
1. Do you really believe Mexico is going to pay for the wall?
2. Do you really believe Trump is going to get Apple to bring the manufacturing of the I-phone to the US???
3. Do you really believe he is going to get China to devalue their dollars, or is he just going to get us in trouble with our debt?
4. I haven't heard he say anything about how he's going to deal with the debt.
5. Frankly we have no reason to trust anything he's said. Except, "I can be anything I want, any time I want, to anyone. That's encouraging.
I vote a week from Tuesday. No doubt in my mind. If trump does get the nomination I will vote for him, but I'm concerned about it. I'm not even positive he'll be better than Klin ton, but I'm hopeful.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Cruz has argued on the side of conservatives 9 times before the supreme court. More times than any acting member of congress.

And lost as much as he's won.

When you consider that 1 side wins and 1 loses, the Cruzer has been as effective as a monkey with a crayon.

Cruz has accomplished exactly nothing in his entire career, except promote himself.

Typical establishment loser.

Now, the Cruzer acts as if he was just watchin this stuff happen in congress, steada bein the person that coulda made a change.

Except he did nothing of any effect.

DT has had successes and failures. But he was *and is* the man in the arena.

And he has actually made a difference, all by himself.

No "congress" to blame, no O'Buckwheat, who the Cruzer *never* stopped, on any issue.

Vote for somebody who's actually accomplished something in life, or vote for the Cruzer.

Sounds to me like you prefer a roll of the dice to a known conservative quantity. There just is NOT any evidence that Trump is conservative. He says he can be anyone he wants to be any time. I think he is telling people what they want to hear. I see no reason to believe he can accomplish a single thing he's said.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The Democrats will steamroll Cruz. Not as bad as they'll steamroll Rubio, but you'll need a micrometer to tell the difference.

Trump isn't just an candidate. He's a political phenomenon.

Nobody else running for the GOP nomination will get out the vote.

Trump will.

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Trump, so far no substance and no details of how he will do it.

A one liner guy.

I don't trust him.

Cruz, says how he will do it with detail and has a proven track record.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tuesday is voting day in Oklahoma. I am still undecided. I am considering only two candidates . . . Cruz and Trump. The number one quality for Cruz is he claims he will support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. I took that same oath decades ago, so it is really important to me. On the other hand, Trump is a proven business man who has the demonstrated knowledge and leadership to turn around our failing economy and put us on the road to solving our debt problem. Both claim they will build a wall and get all the illegals out of our country. Not sure who I am going to vote for. A Trump/Cruz ticket would be a dream team for me. Let Trump fix the economy and build the wall, while Cruz seasons and prepares to take over in eight years.
OO, it looks like Kansas may have an actual primary this year. The only two left I'm interested in are Cruz and Trump. I won't run Cruz down, but I think Trump is the better choice and that's who I'll vote for. I think Ted would make a great SCOTUS Justice. IMO, Trump is a lot like Reagan in that he knows how to delegate. Trump.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Trump is too old to do eight years

Bullsch!!T

Trump is the same age as Reagan when he was elected.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Who do you trust to nominate to the Supreme Court - a guy that revered Rehnquist (he clerked for him) and Scalia, argued 9 cases at the Supreme Court and even won a case at SCOTUS to keep the 10 Commandments on the Texas Capitol grounds, or the guy that thinks his liberal sister would make a good supreme court justice?

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'm sure, we'll all be happy when this is over, and there is a good man in the WH.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Don't complicate the simple.

Trump is the only GOP candidate who can win the general election.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Trump is very accomplished and actually has hired the right people for various leadership positions. Look for him to use that experience to have a great team working with him.

Trump, who inherited hundreds of millions of dollars from his father, failed with Trump Steaks, failed with Trump Vodka, failed with the United States Football League, failed with Trump Air, failed with Trump Mortgage company, failed with his major companies’ four infamous bankruptcies, and failed spectacularly with a real-estate seminar series grandiosely called Trump University, even though it awarded no accredited degrees.

For the latter, he appeared in ads saying the seminars would feature his own personal investment strategies and instructors he hand-picked — but in a court deposition, he admitted he couldn’t identify any of the teachers and was almost entirely unfamiliar with course contents. The enterprise folded some five years ago, but remains subject to three major lawsuits alleging deceptive trade practices. The complaints allege that those taking the seminars paid up to $35,000 for near-useless information and for promised “mentoring” that rarely was provided.

As so many of these mom-and-pop businesses were left unpaid, Trump himself, in one business “restructuring” of major Trump debts, was “limited” to a strict, personal monthly living allowance of $450,000 — as much in a single month as some of his bankruptcy creditors might make in 10 years.

I've been on this site for a little over three years and I've never seen a campfire much less one burning for 24 hours. What's your point? -tnscouter

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Bow twanger if you are going to state facts at least be truthful , stop being like your messiah .

Trump took over his Dads business worth 50 million , how much was cash or real estate? I bet most was Real estate.

The USFL failed because all the teams within the conference failed at making money, it is a investment gamble except when it comes to the NFL.

All The Casinos by many different operators failed in Atlantic City. It is the economy stupid.

Trump personally guaranteed his bankruptcies and he restructured them. He didn't hop on a plane and leave everyone in the dust.

He is a businessman, most businesses area a gamble. If you had any common sense you would know that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm a Cruz guy for now, but Trump is hated by the enemy which includes rino and establishment repugnicans, the leftists, the Muzz horde and Messcans. I wouldn't be to awfully upset if he won the big game.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

So...You're saying you voted for the liberal.

Remember that.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,382 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,663
Posts18,455,732
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.