I am blessed.

Last edited by CBB15; 02/22/16.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by blanket
Forgot Kyle SD
What's wrong with Porcupine? Or it's suburb Sharps Corner?

Last edited by BangPop; 02/28/16.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by Tracks
In the early seventies, while working at the rocket test lab at Edwards AFB, I stayed for six weeks in Boron,CA.
Terminal boredom, good thing I was drinking a lot back then. I was replacing a guy that was fired and had to stay until a replacement was hired.
Was never so glad to get home.

I've spent a lot of time in Ridgecrest working projects out of China Lake and never felt a need to drive down to Boron. grin

I actually like Ridgecrest.

actually i have a relative currently stationed at edwards. Boron is right next door, and has one of the best mexican restaurants you would ever want to step foot in. The walls are covered with pictures of astronauts and other famous people that flew into edwards and had dinner there. Great place.
You big city boys are funny.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 02/28/16.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Otis, otherwise known as Scrotis, Oregon. Could be a beautiful place if they nuked it and started over from scratch, but my hell, what a backwardsass dump! Every other shanty has a blue tarp for a roof, broke down vehicles in the yards, three legged dogs, and the most inbred looking people you've ever seen! Reminds me of The Hills Have Eyes.

Second is Hilldale, Utah, home of polygamists. You want to talk about backwater....that's it.

hillsdale isn't so bad, you just have to mention some familial names that everybody is related too.
i like it up there.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Otis, otherwise known as Scrotis, Oregon. Could be a beautiful place if they nuked it and started over from scratch, but my hell, what a backwardsass dump! Every other shanty has a blue tarp for a roof, broke down vehicles in the yards, three legged dogs, and the most inbred looking people you've ever seen! Reminds me of The Hills Have Eyes.

Second is Hilldale, Utah, home of polygamists. You want to talk about backwater....that's it.

Heck, that's dang near a metropolis compared to Pipe Springs on the rez a few miles down the road in AZ. grin

Geno

Last fall i took my grandson up in that area gino is talking about. I warned grandson about the banjo's and everybody seems to scratch a lot and have no teeth. And don't ever leave the vehicle without a gun. He didn't believe me i think till i took him through some areas. There are some BAAAAd people living up in those hills.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Enrique
Tulsa OK lol. Cracker Barrel there went silent and this hispanic got a lot of stares sat in the very back that night. Made my wife and brother in law uncomfortable.
Northern AZ, around Fredonia, Jacob Lake and that stuff is pretty deliverance like, can't imagine what colorado city is like if I thought those were like that.
Border towns in AZ are pretty weird too.
Of all the places tho, I would have to say Elfrida AZ and that Sulfur Springs Valley is pretty odd. I think the devil roams that valley at will. I've read too many kids killing their parents/grandparents and murders in general for a population of that size.

Kique

many many years ago, my brother in law and my sister were south of the border. Coming back they were asked at the port of entry if they were U.S. citizens. Now my deceased brother in law was very germanic. My sister on the other hand is short round very pima/mexican looking, which she is. My brother in law said he was, but she was just some hooker he found walking the streets. Couple hours after being in detention, she didn't find it as funny as he did.
There are a bunch of small areas in arizona, that you have to have your guard up in or around.
I think you are right about the devil walking the ground.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by Enrique
Tulsa OK lol. Cracker Barrel there went silent and this hispanic got a lot of stares sat in the very back that night. Made my wife and brother in law uncomfortable.
Northern AZ, around Fredonia, Jacob Lake and that stuff is pretty deliverance like, can't imagine what colorado city is like if I thought those were like that.
Border towns in AZ are pretty weird too.
Of all the places tho, I would have to say Elfrida AZ and that Sulfur Springs Valley is pretty odd. I think the devil roams that valley at will. I've read too many kids killing their parents/grandparents and murders in general for a population of that size.

Kique

[Linked Image]

Jeez, Man,....ya' just have me rollin' here.

Uh,...you DO know what the number of that highway runnin' through there was, not that long ago, dontcha ?

i sure do know the number, and it was that for a reason. My habits of wandering the deserted parts of the state brings a certain capability of the hair standing up on the back of your neck at various times. And it ain't no buffaloing, it's true.
I was cohabiting with a mormon girl for about five years, a long time ago, so that northern arizona stuff is easy for me, i'm right at home mentioning a few names. That everybody is related to.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ihookem
[quote=Hombre][quote=dawggone][quote=Hombre]Haven't you Dudes ever been thru rural Nevada? Ewwwww... sick

Been through southern Nevada , southern California and through Utah. Very desolate.

I hear people say this all the time, cept it's not. You just have to look.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
In the early seventies, while working at the rocket test lab at Edwards AFB, I stayed for six weeks in Boron,CA.
Terminal boredom, good thing I was drinking a lot back then. I was replacing a guy that was fired and had to stay until a replacement was hired.

I've spent a lot of time in Ridgecrest working projects out of China Lake and never felt a need to drive down to Boron. grin

actually i have a relative currently stationed at edwards. Boron is right next door, and has one of the best mexican restaurants you would ever want to step foot in. The walls are covered with pictures of astronauts and other famous people that flew into edwards and had dinner there. Great place.

I guess I'm a big city boy now, my 900 population "city" just added 70 new homes last year.
You should have seen Boron in 1971.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by RoninPhx

I guess I'm a big city boy now, my 900 population "city" just added 70 new homes last year.
You should have seen Boron in 1971.

actually i did, use to run through there early as the 60's.
there are a lot of interesting places in the upper mohave, in the arizona, california, nevada area. Use to like to visit those old ghost towns.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 02/29/16.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
American Politics...

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One winter long ago I spent a week in Rawlins, Wyoming. Longest six months of my life. wink

Last edited by jnyork; 02/29/16.

[Linked Image]
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by StripBuckHunter
Haven't you Dudes ever been thru rural Nevada? Ewwwww... sick

Try Montello, Denio, Tuscarora, Midas, Owyhee and Carvers. A little bigger, but also Hawthorne, McGill, Austin, Pioche, and Beatty.

There ain't a late season buck tag in Nevada worth any of this.

I lived in Montello... and I liked it ! Worked for Southern Pacific Railroad there. Quiet little town of 150 people with a post office, a gas station, 2 restaurants and 4 bars.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Just anyplace in Mexico!

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Mingo county West Virginia.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
What the back does back water mean?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
McCarthy Alaska and Katalla Alaska are pretty backwater, but a bunch of villages along the Yukon are even worse...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Fordyce, Arkansas!

My Dad told me once that if Hitler was captured the USA should send him to Fordyce and not give him any snuff!!

had a job at one time that sent me to various paper mills across the south, ended up spending quite a bit of time in that area.

I decided back then that of all the states , Arkansas was the worst. (never been to Alaska though). Driving around the area I saw power lines that were down next to the road and that's just how they were - they weren't considered "down" at all, no shortage of dirt roads and the only place to get lunch other than a vending machine at the plant was a gas station with a little sit down in the back where you could get a burger, grilled cheese, hot dog or chicken sandwich. Had good sweet tea though so it wasn't a completely horrible. The closest real place to eat was a whataburger about an hour away. Luckily it was open 24 hours so we'd end up working late into the evening and stop there on our way back to the hotel, get up the next morning at dawn and do it over again.

Did some consulting in Camden, NJ. The place I was at was across from the jail. I'd sit in the afternoons and stare out the window watching inmates give hand signals to people on the street who were dealing drugs around the corner. It was getting dark early so they told us we should leave before 5 to make sure we weren't driving thru down when it was dark. The 3rd shift people had permission to run redlights because if you stopped at a redlight you got carjacked or shot at.

I'd rather be in Arkansas living off whataburger.

Last edited by KFWA; 03/20/18.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Leon Iowa. OK, Leon was close but Gardez and Khost Afghanistan are the other 2
kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

270 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 2500HD, 22kHornet, 10Glocks, 25 invisible), 2,499 guests, and 941 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,726
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.