Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
Well as I posted in the 3D thread on my second to last shot a screw popped out of the cam on my Heli-m. Went to the dealer today and need a new cam which is covered under warranty by Mathews no problemo.
The dealer tells me it's something that they have had happen before with the Heli-m. I started asking him about new models and brands and he asked if I wanted to shoot a couple? I knew this was a mistake but said"sure thing"
I shot the new Mathews Halon and I knew I was in for trouble,great smooth draw and nice solid back wall.Quiet and no torque on the shot.
I shot an Elite Synergy and Impulse and they were good but the Halon just spoke to me.
I also had a new peep put in my Outback and when I got home I shot a few arrows through it to adjust the sight. Still shoots good but wow what a difference. 65% let off and boy if you don't keep steady back pressure she wants to go.
Talked to a friend and he was in the market for a new"old" bow and I told him I'd sell him the Heli-m all set up for $500 and he said sold!
Sooo now I'm going back to the dealer tomorrow to shoot some bows and verify what I know and think I'll be getting a new Mathews Halon 7(maybe 6 but leaning 7)

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

BP-B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Where did you go for the work and to shoot the new Mathews? I'm hesitant to even consider a new bow since Phil shut down Indian Mountain and left. The Z7 I bought there that he setup shoots so well and I see nothing but problems from multiple other dealers and their bow setup and tuning.

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
Traditions Archery in Henrietta,and I had no choice as to the cam and warranty work. We shall see how good of a bow tech the gentleman is,seems knowledgable asked about his procedure for setting up a bow. I'll find out more tomorrow morning
I do miss having Phil around for sure, he knew his stuff and was honest if a bow was a piece of crap he'd tell you straight out

http://www.traditionsarchery.net/

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
4ager his part to blame for this purchase,he's been egging me to go shoot some new bows, I tried resisting but everything fell into place today so why fight it

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
4ager his part to blame for this purchase,he's been egging me to go shoot some new bows, I tried resisting but everything fell into place today so why fight it

EvilTwin will be proud. The Force grows stronger (pulling screws from hundred of miles distance ain't easy, you know).

[Linked Image]

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
LOL well it worked

Last edited by dvdegeorge; 03/03/16.

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
There are no Prime nor Obsession dealers close so they have been eliminated from my list.To me an important issue is service locally. Besides I've been a Mathews guy since my MQ-32

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
There are no Prime nor Obsession dealers close so they have been eliminated from my list.To me an important issue is service locally. Besides I've been a Mathews guy since my MQ-32

Just heading off the "you should have bought a .... " from the get-go, eh?

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
Yea kind of... When you're spending as much$$$ on a new bow you better make sure you really like it and get what you want. I try not to preclude any bow but like I said I need a dealer a reputable dealer in my general vicinity for service.The closet Obsession dealer is almost to Buffalo and it's a meat market/ bow shop. I called and spoke to the owner and he has 2 of last years models in stock and nothing else, if I can't shoot one I sure as heck ain't buying one.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep.

The Halon is a damned nice bow. Hell, even Bear is making some ridiculously nice bows these days, as is PSE, Prime, Elite, Mathews, Hoyt, Obsession, Parker, High Country, etc. It's pretty hard to find a BAD bow out there right now; truly a golden era and only getting better.

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
Well I hope it doesn't get better too fast....I've actually had the Helim for 4 seasons,I usually don't up grade until after 5 seasons and as long as 7
But the timing seems right I I can notice enough difference from the Helium to the Halon to warrant it

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
Actually this has been my bow purchasing scenario

MQ32.....1998

Outback.....2004

Heli-m.....2012

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
I'm way ahead of schedule for a new bow thanks 4ager shocked

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think I was/am due. Martin Bobcat in 1988, then shifted to trad with a Bear Super Kodiak in 1991. Added a Bear Kodiak Magnum in 1996. Picked up an old Hoyt compound (early 90s vintage) about 10 years ago. In fact, I don't think I have/had ever bought a new bow until ... now.

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
You are due for 2 then!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh, I think one will be plenty for now, thank you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When crossbows were made OK here I got one and it's fun.

They are quiet and I shoot it in the basement.

It looks cool like a rifle! They have a scope and a trigger!

[Linked Image]

$189.99
Buy here!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
DumbassDon,

No one cares about your cheap Chinese junk, nor what you DON'T hunt with.

Go stay in your basement and see if you can't figure out how to suck start that crossbow (which isn't even the same one in your link, you stupid SOB).

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
Nice rifle lmao

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
104 members (338reddog, 405joe, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, 12 invisible), 1,387 guests, and 663 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,588
Posts18,397,868
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.