Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
JRE11 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
So, does anyone have experience with S&B customer service? I was just looking through some of my scopes and noticed I have an internal issue on a Summit I purchased in February 2012. On the lowest power there are several visible black specks inside the optics. Bought this scope new and it has been on a 30-06 with about 30 rounds. Very disappointed but I'm sure they will take care of the issue. I found a phone number on-line, but I thought I would check here to see if anyone might know the best contact for getting the issue resolved. Thanks.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Seems like I had one packet of user info and another packet of warranty/return info packaged in the box with my scope. It'll be a couple days before I have access to the box. If you don't get an answer by then, I'll get the box and post what info I have.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Give them a call before shipping, as you may need a customer return authorization number. Make sure you insure it for the full value with a signature required on delivery.

Rich or poor, it pays to have money.
J
JRE11 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
All the paperwork in my box is written in German. Found one phone number on-line for S&B customer service in NH (603 area code) but it said the number was disconnected.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That's odd, S&B prints their user and warranty booklets in a half dozen or so languages within the same booklets. I think they also included a couple packs of post cards printed in the same multiple languages. On one of these cards, you can even request S&B to call you at a specific time.

I'd need to get to the box to confirm the info, but my recollection is that the normal procedure is to fill out a customer service card and send it along with the scope back to the S&B dealer from where it was purchased. I think you can also send it to any S&B dealer as well. You may be able to bypass that step by sending it directly to S&B's customer service. I think that address was on the material in the box. S&B keeps parts and skilled labor to repair their scopes up to 30 years after purchase. In addition, they cover costs of parts and labor for the first 10 years after purchase. I think they even offer a free refurbish within that 10 year span if you sent in your registration card.

Last edited by GaryVA; 12/18/12.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
IC B2

J
JRE11 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I checked again and the cards actually are in multiple languages and I found the ones in English (thanks). One is a registration card and the other is just a customer survey. I'll keep searching for a cutomer service number in the USA, but so far I haven't found one in this paperwork.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Their phone number is 800-468-3450.

Rich or poor, it pays to have money.
J
JRE11 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
You guys are great! Thanks for the help.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by GaryVA
That's odd, S&B prints their user and warranty booklets in a half dozen or so languages within the same booklets.

Yeah, I once thought it was all in German too, until I turned the page.........

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S&B has a service center in Virginia - they'll fix your scope there.

I have used them to change out a reticle for me - had the scope back in less than a wekk = awesome customer service!!!

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
For what they charge, they should send a French Maid to house to persoanlly pick the scope up and return it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Schmidt & Bender U.S.A Inc.

19980 Highland Vista Dr.
Suite 190
Ashburn, VA 20147
U.S.A

Phone +1 (800) 468 - 3450
Fax +1 (800) 287 - 4832

infoschmidtbender.com
www.schmidtbender.com

Download information as VCard

- Clint Eastwood
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
From the S&B Service Center in VA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all, Jerry R here. Most of you may not know me but those who do will probably know me as the former service manager of Premier Reticles. I have since moved on and am currently at the new Schmidt and Bender service facility located here in Ashburn, VA.
I just wanted to make everyone aware who owns or is interested in owning an S&B that you now have factory support here in the US. We are equipped to handle reticle conversions as well as knob and turret conversions and nearly any repair that would need to be carried out on an S&B. All technicians have received proper training in Germany and are more than qualified to work on your S&B scope. If you have ever needed to return a scope to Germany you know that this can be a lengthy process at times. We can turn most repairs around in days and get you back up and running.

We can be reached M-F 6am - 3pm at 703 953-1253. If anybody needs anything please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
Jerry R

- Clint Eastwood
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hope that gives you enough info to work with.

Best smile

- Clint Eastwood
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What kind of warranty do the PMII scopes come with?

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Good to know Gary V i am kicking around Swarovski Z6 or S&B

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
What kind of warranty do the PMII scopes come with?

The warranty card on mine says "Official Legal Guarantee Period of 2 Years (according to EU rules)"

If I knew what the EU rules were, I'd know what that meant. I'm sure the CS people could answer that though.

There's also a registration card that provides for one free maintenance check within ten years of the date of sale.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks smile

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
bump

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I have had to send my PMII back twice in the last 5 or 6 years, for not holding a zero. I've owned the scope around 10 years and bought it from Premier. I sent it in this year for the second time and service was quick and Jerry and a lady (I forget her name) were very helpful. I was charged $0 both times.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

280 members (1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 2UP, 26 invisible), 1,756 guests, and 915 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,601
Posts18,454,619
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.