Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dodgefan
Here's a picture of 3 suspects wheeling luggage through a terminal.
http://nieuws.vtm.be/binnenland/183701-dit-zijn-verdachten-aanslag-zaventem

Can't be. Those look like middle eastern males between the ages of 20-40. They'd never slip in undetected.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll let you know when I get the report. I can tell you with near certainty that it wasn't TATP.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Does it make sense to be discussing a topic like this on an open forum where the information might be accessed those who would use it to do harm? I know, I know the information is available all over the internet but do we have to hand it to them here?

Yeah, I'm sure this site is swarming with Muslims just waiting to tap into the vast knowledge here

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If I had to make a guess I would bet on Semtex

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I am sure you are correct in that TATP was not involved. Why would they use a homemade and unstable explosive? The borders over there are so overrun with "refugees" they can get whatever they want in. You might now consider our own situation as to securing the southern border. Drugs by the ton come in a couple hundred pounds of RDX,PETN,or good old C-4 should be a breeze.
Originally Posted by Chris_EOD
I'll let you know when I get the report. I can tell you with near certainty that it wasn't TATP.

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by Bluemonday
I'd wager the Iranians are making it.

Almost surely, & w.o a doubt.

We/Europe/NATO has absolutely no strategy to address the problem; totally defensive, after the fact & reactive.

Need to destroy the nests where the vipers live & breed once & for all.

But I'll not hold my breath...............

MM

Make a little glass... and a lot of this BS would stop, IMO.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good chances for the investigators to understand how and with what were made the bomb. 2 of them have been retrieved unexploded and defused at the airport.

Va t'in tch�re !
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
With all our technology, I can't believe we don't have a method for "sniffing" out explosives set up at the entrances to airports (including the cargo areas) and other public buildings......

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Does it make sense to be discussing a topic like this on an open forum where the information might be accessed those who would use it to do harm? I know, I know the information is available all over the internet but do we have to hand it to them here?

It's too late. Those guys already have a plan and are putting it together as we speak. If any of you think we are going to escape this kind of an attack, you been sleeping in a democrat bed. Explosives are hard to come by if you try to get them legally in America but if you are bringing them over the border via air or water you can get anything you want.

It won't be re-purposed fireworks. kwg

http://theconservativetreehouse.com...r-portland-oregon-intercepted-in-europe/

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bluemonday
Explosively Formed Penetrators. Cut a man right in half. There was a huge Army Buffalo at Camp Victory that got breached by a large one.

The origin of these days back to the oil industry in 1930's when the first "Oil Well Perforators" were developed. They were used to blast/cut holes into metal well casing and the rock surrounding them..

In more recent times,Iran actually produced these commercially for use the Middle East oil fields and it wasn't long before their use was diverted for use by various Iranian SF/Terrorist units...

That said, the Red Army Faction used them for terrorist purposes in the late 80's and they also saw use in the conflicts in Northern Ireland and South America as well, so the Iranians were not the originators of these as terror weapons although they probably perfected them as such.

I don't think there has been any suggestion this technology was used in Brussels, and the ME is awash with basic EOD making expertise with much of the expertise now being spread via the Web..

Last edited by Pete E; 03/22/16.
IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by ingwe
Wild guessing here but TATP is usually home made and unstable....not a good choice. As someone said, SEMTEX is a llikely candidate, as is PETN.

Actually, TATP is the most likely candidate. It's the favorite of hezbollah and Hamas and is what was used in the London bombings. It's easy to make, and remains stable for about 72 hours. The usual pattern is for the suicide belt to be made the day before, and that night the jihadi parades around with it on in front of a camera denouncing the west. The next day, he goes boom.

If however the jihadi gets shot before detonating the belt, and according the Arab tradition the funeral is held three days after the death (four says after the explosives were home made), the mourners risk a TATP suprise:

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 03/22/16.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Wild guessing here but TATP is usually home made and unstable....not a good choice. As someone said, SEMTEX is a llikely candidate, as is PETN.

Actually, TATP is the most likely candidate. It's the favorite of hezbollah and Hamas and is what was used in the London bombings. It's easy to make, and remains stable for about 72 hours. The usual pattern is for the suicide belt to be made the day before, and that night the jihadi parades around with it on in front of a camera denouncing the west. The next day, he goes boom.

If however the jihadi gets shot before detonating the belt, and according the Arab tradition the funeral is held three days after the death (four says after the explosives were home made), the mourners risk a TATP suprise:

No, it isn't.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
TATP-easy to make and components available it every drug store.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
My money is on Semtex.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

No, it isn't.

Multiple news sources are reporting it was a home made version of TATP, possibly made by the same individual that manufactured the explosives for Paris.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Nebraska
With all our technology, I can't believe we don't have a method for "sniffing" out explosives set up at the entrances to airports (including the cargo areas) and other public buildings......

We do.......we just don't employ enough of them.....

[Linked Image]

Last edited by ingwe; 03/22/16.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Nebraska

We do.......we just don't employ enough of them.....

[Linked Image]

One of those high tech sniffer devices hit on something at the Denver Airport today.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

No, it isn't.

Multiple news sources are reporting it was a home made version of TATP, possibly made by the same individual that manufactured the explosives for Paris.

I trust nothing from the media when it concerns terror attacks. Especially when it concerns my job.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Yeah...the media reported early that there were Kalashnikovs laying about....but no one heard any shots, and the guys that blew themselves up were too disarticulated....

I swear if a kid falls off a curb somewhere the media will repot an AK-47 was involved...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Once the terrorists were in the airport or in the subway train, it was too late.
"Dead man" switches are used in the photo link below. You kill them, they lose their grip and the switch activates the charge.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 03/22/16.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1OntarioJim, 204guy, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1_deuce, 63 invisible), 2,404 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,664
Posts18,455,763
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.