Print Thread
Hop To
H
HaYen Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Stopped by Cabelas to see if they had any. Sales guy said they sold zero and sent them all. No explanation why. Anyone know why? Called Sportsmen Warehouse, they said they didn't have any.

-HaYen

Remember, not everyone has a happy ending, so be happy when you can
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
If they don't sell, why keep them on hand? Cabela's may have decided that they weren't selling enough of them.

There's also the rumor that Bass Pro is trying to buy Cabela's, they may be having short-term money problems and keeping the Mossbergs was a poor choice.

They all buy with short-term loans from lending establishments, and if they send them back, they don't have to pay for them. At least, that's how the shop I worked for did things.

There could be other reasons, but that's a couple that come to mind.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Because they say "mossburg"

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
That's what I was thinking.

How do you know a Trump hater? They'll tell you.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Doesn't that tell you something ??

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Bass pro is buying the cabelas in Billings MT
was made official in beginning of November

Last edited by Dan700mn; 11/22/15.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Dan700mn
Bass pro is buying the cabelas in Billings MT
was made official in beginning of November

Bass Pro is trying to buy Cabelas, but it has not happened yet and it would be the entire company.

Memento mori ( remember you must die) enjoy every day for tomorrow you may not wake

You can always borrow and pay the money back but you can never get the time back

Everyone hunter should own a fine rifle, life is short.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Ok thanks for the correction.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
HaYen - boy that was a strange event. 2 keystrokes and my incomplete post was sent? My thoughts are that, due to Mossberg being noted for shotguns, it'll take a while for this rifle line to catch on. As mentioned having unsold inventory on hand limits Cabelas financial options. Most articles in the industry press are favorable w/o any serious quality issues noted. One writer say he'd prefer checkering to stippling etc. Homesteader

Last edited by Homesteader; 11/23/15.
H
HaYen Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
I just called Mossberg and asked them ... I mean why not right? Gal that answered said they did a recall because of an issue with the stock. The issue has been fixed for all calibers except the 375 Ruger. I appreciate their honesty.

BPS buying Cabelas is news to me and financing inventory is about 90% of how businesses work today.

Thanks for the info folks. Have a great Thanksgiving.

HaYen

Last edited by HaYen; 11/23/15.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Hope that purchase doesn't go through! It would be a drag to see Cabelas turned into Junior Doper Non-Pro Shop.

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."
Henry Ford

If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Academy has them listed for a Black Friday sale. I also looked at them at a local gun shop. There are some on the shelves. After looking them over, I suspect they will stay on the shelves. I don't know how they work but the machining is rougher than a cob

I will hunt everywhere before I die!
H
HaYen Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Mauser12
Academy has them listed for a Black Friday sale. I also looked at them at a local gun shop. There are some on the shelves. After looking them over, I suspect they will stay on the shelves. I don't know how they work but the machining is rougher than a cob

Wow interesting. Thanks Mauser

HaYen

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I am well pleased with my new Mossberg Patriot in 7mm-08. Everything was tight and fit properly Trigger is extremely easy to adjust. Bolt is smooth. It feels like a heavier Winchester 70 from years past. No the craft work is not the same but the results are good. Obviously there is tremendous price difference. This is not a rifle to be judged by prejudices.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Didn't this action have some issues coming apart about 3 or 4 years ago? Mostly in the 30-06. It was called something else back then but the results were the same. My guess is the reputation has stuck around.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (35, Bigd7378, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 11 invisible), 1,373 guests, and 834 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,060
Posts18,463,254
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.