Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Got the news this afternoon. Just don't understand it. He let no one know he was in trouble. This is really hard to comprehend. He was like a brother to me, I loved him, been friends since high school for almost 40 years. I'm just sick.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry to hear it, squirrel. That's a rough one.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Sorry for your loss, but nothing One can do, don't beat yourself up About it.
No one knows what is going on inside a person, just try to comfort those that need it, and be there if they need anything.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Prayers

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I am completely confused. He had two kids and his wife and he separated about a year ago but it seemed amicable and just saw them together last week and they seemed happy. Now this. He acted like nothing was wrong.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Mental illness many times go un treated, the results can be devastating to many more than just the one thats ill .

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss and the loss to his family.

Despite what we like to think, we don't always see any signs that something is amiss.

RIP.

Best wishes, Chris

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Andy,

sorry to hear of your loss....lost a family member to the same thing 46 years ago yesterday, on March 26, 1970....

was a senior in high school... still haunts me every year.. making it hard to fall asleep last night and tonight... I was the one who found them and cut them down from a rope at 4 in the morning...

I understand why people do this.. but its hard to rationally explain...they just get to a place in a depression that life doesn't seem worth it...I don't think its always a mental defect....but far back in their lives, they were taught that their value isn't worth much or even worthless.. and at times of depression, they just give in to it and remove themselves from the planet... or combine that with they are dealing with enough negativity in their lives, they don't feel like hanging around and dealing with it anymore...

drugs or alcohol can potentiate it... I've talked multiple people down from it, being on the verge of it... during my lifetime...I think understanding where their head is at, and being able to talk them thru, giving them purpose and letting them know we all feel overwhelmed at times, or just feel like screw it.... but the sun will rise tomorrow one way or the other....

and the real damage is to those they care about who are left behind...

may the Good Lord be with you and your friend's loved ones during this tragic time....may his spirit find the peace he was seeking...

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Squirrelnut
I am completely confused. He had two kids and his wife and he separated about a year ago but it seemed amicable and just saw them together last week and they seemed happy. Now this. He acted like nothing was wrong.

There is no why and I'd not focus on it or worry about it, because it will get you NO WHERE.

Do what you can for his kids and live a good life.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I am very sorry to hear of this news. Prayers for all involved in this tragedy.

IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Prayers for those left behind.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Prayers for those left behind.

This.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I hate to here that. All you can do is try and be there for his family and maybe do the things with his kids that he would have done on occasion. We don't always know what is going on inside someone. Sometimes the people that seem to be doing the best are hurting the most. Prayers for his friends and family. Sorry for your loss.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'm sorry for your loss.

μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A woman can completely wreck a guy. My guess is it had to do with him being replaced.

So sorry for the loss of your buddy. Makes you realize how close to the edge we live at times. Make the most of each day.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

There is no understanding suicide...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I lost a friend and colleague almost 4 years ago the same way. As far as I know, even his family had no idea what was going in in his mind. His son was to be married in a week and he just up and hangs himself from a tree in the woods and leaves everyone behind. I can't make sense of it even all this time later. Like Scott said, all the wondering proved a waste of time.

Grieve, help the family and take a lesson from it and live well.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry to hear this news. Prayers on the way.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If he could have seen the turmoil he is leaving in his wake, he probably would not have done it.

Just remember, you were not responsible and don't start playing what if games in your head.

Szumi

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry to hear of your bud Squirrel. Do as Steelhead says, Don't waste your time pondering, go do for his kids.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

123 members (358WCF, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 30Gibbs, 35sambar, 22 invisible), 2,272 guests, and 906 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,648
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.