Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by Squirrelnut
I am completely confused. He had two kids and his wife and he separated about a year ago but it seemed amicable and just saw them together last week and they seemed happy. Now this. He acted like nothing was wrong.

There is no why and I'd not focus on it or worry about it, because it will get you NO WHERE.

Do what you can for his kids and live a good life.

This^^^^
A very close friend of mine stepped in front of a train about 25 years ago.
Absolutely no one had a clue.

FJB & FJT
GB1

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is a very devastating event in ones life. As Seafire stated, it may haunt us for very long time.

I have a very dear friend who lost a 13 year old son 5 years ago on March 20th.

He still wonders why.

The family had a loving relationship. Their son was popular at the local middle school. Played on all of the sports teams. Got good grades at school.. etc

One Sunday night he took his life.

It had a huge effect on the local community.

I'm sure that your friend was near and dear to your heart. As others have stated, do what you can to support the family. Be a mentor to two young boys that don't understand either.

Help them grow up. Teach them how to love, how to be honest, and all the great values of a gentleman.

I'm sorry that you're having to experience this great loss in your life. I wish I was there to help you through this.

Jeff

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Seafire
Andy,

was your friend a military combat vet or LEO by chance?

Hey John,

No, he was neither. If he had been it would at least be a bit more understandable. My dad was a career LEO and dealt with some bad bad stuff he saw and had problems with his experiences, military combat and law enforcement are both very tough professions. PM me if you get the chance, love to catch up.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
So very sorry to hear stories like this. Thoughts and prayers for you and his family. Some things cannot be explained and you can whittle your life and sanity away trying to comprehend the how and why.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks, Bob. Rough weekend but I feel better today. Seeing how rough this was for me and another close mutual friend I am now thinking about how exponentially worse this is for his kids and family. A lot of pain and carnage in the aftermath.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I wasn't sure if I should post about this but I'm glad I did. Others responding about going through the same thing has been very helpful for me. Thank you.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Did you see how NORMAL people respond, as opposed to your response in another death thread.

I'm sure you don't savvy, tis a shame.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Wifeys brother hanged him self several years ago. No note, nothing to help us understand why.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
+1 on Steelhead's comment.

EVERYone struggles in life, and that would include you, me, and everyone else here. Every one of us has a date with death, and to speak ill of someone who's seen that day is simply wrong---and especially among those expressing admiration and a sense of loss.

Hopefully you'll rethink this, man up, and make amends as best you can. Dig deep for the character and fortitude to do so.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Did you see how NORMAL people respond, as opposed to your response in another death thread.

Bite me, dickhead.

Trying to save face, I see. You know where to find me, you friggin' coward.

Last edited by Squirrelnut; 10/19/17.
IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Sorry.

As a retired undertaker, I can tell you there is no reasoning why. I used to think it was love, money, or depression related, but after a work lifetime of seeing suicide, there just is no answer. The next suicide could be you; it could be me. It's completely random.

Remember the good times, and hopefully the Lord will allow us a soft boot in the A** when we meet again, for the pain he caused by this action.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It's bad form to talk about dead people like that.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry for your loss , may be you can turn this to help others. I think you can prevent it specially with younger people.
there are many resources online on how to educate others to deal with problems.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
I am completely confused. He had two kids and his wife and he separated about a year ago but it seemed amicable and just saw them together last week and they seemed happy. Now this. He acted like nothing was wrong.

There is no why and I'd not focus on it or worry about it, because it will get you NO WHERE.

Do what you can for his kids and live a good life.

This^^^^.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Squirrel, Sorry to hear of this. It is very hard for those of us who have experienced this to understand the “why” behind a suicide. What may seem unimportant in our eyes, is simply overwhelming to them. We all have different thresholds of tolerance. Our thoughts and prayers go to you and his family. memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Bite me, dickhead.

Trying to save face, I see. You know where to find me, you friggin' coward.

Squirrel,you are truly one pathetic little boy.
You'd have to get up on a stepladder just to kiss the real man's ass that you disparaged.
If you have kids,I hope they don't see what you've done here. Now go away... Forever!!!

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Squirrel - Sorry for the lose of your friend. You need to move on, help the family the best you can. In the process, try to understand that your remarks regarding the death of others was inappropriate and has come back to bite you on your ass. Get over it and learn from the experience.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Maybe your buddy was what you think Greg was and it ain't no big deal. FOAD

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Had the only person that ever really understood me..........kill himself.

Dug through an Exhaustive Concordance............no condemnations found.

Took a long while to get over it.
Too long.

Is what it is...........but damn, he'd have been pissed about my wasting time over it wink

My buddy left, his exit logical...........kids grown.
Drive by the spot he died all the time.
Have to tell myself to not look...........about a decade later.

Strange.

Post has been re-written about a half dozen times...........guess I'm just passing along what little I think I've learned on the subject.
Stay strong...............it sucks.

Last edited by hookeye; 10/19/17.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Well aint this thread ironic.........

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 219 Wasp, 1_deuce, 224th, 53 invisible), 2,082 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,069
Posts18,463,542
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.