Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Who has one or shot one? Looking at one in a standard caliber.

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
What scope bases and mounts fit these? Anybody Know LOP? Thanks.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I'm curious about the Nosler 48 also

I don't always venture out into the sub-freezing darkness, but when I do, it is deer hunting season, and I carry a Remington. Stay hungry my friends.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
One of the best rifles made. Mine is chambered in 6.5x284. Takes standard Remington bases and rings. Feeds like glass, shoots sub 1/2" with 140gr Accubonds over H4831SC.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Does the safety lock the bolt?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Sakohunter264
One of the best rifles made. Mine is chambered in 6.5x284. Takes standard Remington bases and rings. Feeds like glass, shoots sub 1/2" with 140gr Accubonds over H4831SC.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

This was my experience with a Nolser Outfitter in 35 Whelen. It's feeding was extremely smooth, good trigger, and excellent accuracy. I would not hesitate to buy another Nolser Rifle.

"Never miss the opportunity to shut the f$%K up." Colonel Hopewell.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Curious about this myself.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The stocks just look a little goofy to me with the rear of the stock at an upward angle.

Last edited by wareagle700; 04/18/16.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by bwinters

No!

I've had the Custom Sporters in 325 WSM and 270 WSM. Recently picked up a Patriot in 7mm-08.

All shooters. I got the Patriot used from JG Raider who posts here. Don't know if he or he had the trigger adjusted but it is sweet.

The 325 WSM was my go to hog thumper for several years.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

JAPPFT,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In other words, just another dressed up, glorified, 700 action. Hope the safety, extractor and bolt handle are different. Still, can't understand any rifle that one cannot lock the bolt..Pass

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Geedub my friend.......yes, trigger slightly adjusted and I agree.....that is a sweeeet rig all the way around, and as you say, a real shooter. Glad to see you're putting it to good use whacking the vermin down there.

Keep up the good work!
JG

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Thanks for the responses.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In other words, just another dressed up, glorified, 700 action. Hope the safety, extractor and bolt handle are different. Still, can't understand any rifle that one cannot lock the bolt..Pass

Believe they are glorified HOWA actions with a few changes. The stock design is horrendous for me.

A normal cheek weld resulted in very little of the bottom of the stock contacting my shoulder. If I pulled it down to where it should be, i had to lay my head over to see through the scope.

I have this problem with other brands as well, so it's not just Nosler.

The scope was mounted in high rings as well.

May fit some fine, just odd design.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by bwinters

On Nosler's website, their custom rifles are available with a 3 position safety (rocker type with bolt lock) for $50 extra.

I fondled a M48 (Patriot or Liberty?) in 26 Nosler at the store the other day, but it was heavy. The website lists them at reasonable weights though? I am also interested in a standard caliber version.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
If you think for one second they are, "Glorified Howas" please think again. Nosler Patriots are ten times the rifle a Howa is, in both asthetics and quality. Noslers customer service is also top-notch, which to me is worth every penny. The Nosler Patriots have a match grade barrel, and great trigger. They feed reliably and I am happy to say I own one of their rifles. I own many many top notch rifles, I tend to reach for my Nosler Rifle in 6.5x284 more than the others....just saying.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I agree. They are a very nice rifle.

The stock doesn't seem to fit everybody well, but I had no issues with it on the Outfitter 338WM that I had.

Barrels are PacNor, and fit and finish are top notch.

I would buy another, without a doubt.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Even if they are a glorified Howa, that ain't a bad thing.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I agree, awesome rifle, very accurate, nice looking, and well put together. I have a TGR (Trophy Grade Rifle) in 7-08 that I bought from a guy unfired. Had it for a few years now, hunted it a few times, and took a few deer and hogs with it. Super easy to find accurate loads. Shot Nosler factory 140 AB well less than one inch, also shot factory Fusions and hand loaded Barnes TTSX 120s equally well with the accuracy edge going to the TTSXs but the stock just doesn't fit me well. Recently bought a Kimber MT in the same cal and was thinking of selling mine. Just haven't had a chance to get some pics up with a price. If it fit me better it would never leave, but at lest for me, the Montanas fit me way better. Strongly recommended.

Thanks,
Craig

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Even if they are a glorified Howa, that ain't a bad thing.

THIS. And the Howas's safety locks the action in both of mine. I am sure they are very well-made rifles, but the non-locking bolt is a no-starter for me.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
As I understand it just about everything on a Nosler rifle is outsourced. If that is the case and you want a rifle with the components that you choose, to fit your needs.... Why not apply those funds to your own build?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 11point, 64 invisible), 3,012 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,340
Posts18,468,711
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.