Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kingston
I'm moving to Washington. I'll let you know who I am after I get there. I 've got a few ideas, but I'm open to suggestions too.

Whatever gets the most federal/state benefits. Not sure what that is currently, but you need to be prepared to change it at the drop of a hat.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
BP-B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
We are living in the time that common sense forgot. . .

Mmmmm, no.

We're witnessing the products of the Baby Boomers.

Dave

So what's the difference?

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
A=A

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kingston
I'm moving to Washington. I'll let you know who I am after I get there. I 've got a few ideas, but I'm open to suggestions too.

I'm pretty damn sure I'm a carpet muncher........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
College students are idiots. 6'5" idiots. Chinese ones.

LOL
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Unreal. These students are so vapid and void of discernment that they cannot even begin to realize that they are victims, and have been led way down the garden path.

Not simply victims of liberal college professors, or deliberate creeping cultural marxism, or watered down public schools without sound values and run by nebbishes, or the influence of drugs, or lousy parenting, or any other number of bad factors. It's a combo. They are willing victims of all of the above, and more.

Those types have little idea what brings about a wise and excellent person, a great family, a strong economy, a free people and great nation, etc.

In line with Ed's comment, people like those are goners if they don't have an early and serious epiphany. And without a critical mass of awakened winners, eventually the whole place will be populated by losers.

I sure hope that some folks somewhere are doing a ton of great work with youngsters. That's not a natural and normal circumstance these days, and not particularly easy.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by CCCC
...I sure hope that some folks somewhere are doing a ton of great work with youngsters. That's not a natural and normal circumstance these days, and not particularly easy.

That's why it is so important for each one of us to take every opportunity presented to us to mentor young people.

So what if we can't take every kid by the hand and teach them everything, none of us learned everything we know from just one person.
There are many short interactions that have influenced each of us to bring us to where we are now.

Be that moment, every chance you get.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I wonder if he interviewed a few who answered appropriately?

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
One would expect ignorance out of college students of that age.

I do.

Its their time to learn and sort life out.

The question is, should we trust "teachers" to not brainwash them at that age? To further the brainwashing that was recieved from Pre-K onward?

YOu can't trust anymore these days and our own values must be re-instilled to todays kids.

Thats where the failure is. It started when it became ok to be non religious, not married, have all the kids you want, even parents being same sex.... to be accepted as a norm and then allowed to do whatever made them all feel good rather than teach them right from wrong.

When you depend on schools to do that, instead of teaching the Rs... you have failed as a parent.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by RipSnort
Logic and reason are not important parts of some people's lives.

RS

Been that way for many years, decades.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
I wonder if he interviewed a few who answered appropriately?
Difficult to know that Dennis. Makes one wonder. I do know that if he voiced such inquiries to some of the young people/students we have been trying to bring along way out here in the boonies - far from the wonderful influences of "urbanity" - he would not get answers like those on the video. -

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
One would expect ignorance out of college students of that age. I do.

Its their time to learn and sort life out.

The question is, should we trust "teachers" to not brainwash them at that age? To further the brainwashing that was recieved from Pre-K onward?

YOu can't trust anymore these days and our own values must be re-instilled to todays kids.

Thats where the failure is. It started when it became ok to be non religious, not married, have all the kids you want, even parents being same sex.... to be accepted as a norm and then allowed to do whatever made them all feel good rather than teach them right from wrong.

When you depend on schools to do that, instead of teaching the Rs... you have failed as a parent.

Maybe I'm too old-school and crotchety, but I expect much more than that. Yes - overcoming ignorance is a lifelong project for all of us, but that was way too much ignorance - way too much weakness in logic and reasoning - for university students. I DON"T expect such weakness in the average young person engaged in higher learning - never did - and not now.

The time to seriously learn and sort life out started way before they arrived at the University of Washington and should have progressed well beyond their state. Yes, a significant part of the college experience should be to explore new/different avenues, weigh considerations, settle some stuff - but it is important to go into that with proper tools and a useful foundation.

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Too much make-believe.

I have to wonder if doing away with tenure might solve some of this.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I had a doner ligament put in my knee when I was in high school. Shortly thereafter, I was contacted by a tissue bank from Atlanta that said some of their bank was contaminated by HIV and they were trying to determine if my new ligament was one of them. Turns out it wasn't, but they said that my ligament came from an African American male but not the one that was infected.

A year or so later there was a collage scholarship announced at my high school but in order to qualify for it you had to be able to prove that you were at least part African. I went down to the office and tried to apply and was sent to the Vice Principal's office for discipline. I tried to make the argument that I was "part" African but they threatened to have me disciplined for it.

The VP laughed hysterically wile I tried to make my argument and then threw me out of his office.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 04/20/16.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by CEJ1895
We're doomed! Could only watch a minute of that stupidity..

You should have watched it to the end, seeing some of them struggling to continue, realizing the path of his questions was showing them how contradictory their belief system is.

One day, their little world, so carefully crafted out of dreams and wishes and not reality, will disappear and they will die if they cannot come to grips with it.

It's going to be ugly.

Ed

This Nation is Doomed was my first idea also. Who'd thought I'd been saying 'going to hit the men's room' for the last 42 years is a transphobic slur. You can only hope they've gone too far into cultural and moral relativism and beserk PC, that folks will finally say enough. However; they've diversified and multiplied enough in social/civic groups, the media, academia, and Hollywood I don't think there's enough to ever turn it around.

I Hunt and I Fish, If I Need to Get Away. If You're Finding Fault With Me, Moaning More Than I Can Stand, I'll Tell You What...For a Little While I'll Go See the Outdoor Plan. -Hank III
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Too much make-believe.

I have to wonder if doing away with tenure might solve some of this.

I can't imagine anything that would make education, healthcare, manufacturing, and just about everything else better than making sure the employees are rotated out on a regular basis. (eek) Those who complain about tenure in schools are unwittingly protecting administrators who won't do their jobs. Efforts to legislate good teaching or education are mostly without merit and fail in many important ways.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I have a 25" dick.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by CCCC
Unreal. These students are so vapid and void of discernment that they cannot even begin to realize that they are victims, and have been led way down the garden path.

Not simply victims of liberal college professors, or deliberate creeping cultural marxism, or watered down public schools without sound values and run by nebbishes, or the influence of drugs, or lousy parenting, or any other number of bad factors. It's a combo. They are willing victims of all of the above, and more.

Those types have little idea what brings about a wise and excellent person, a great family, a strong economy, a free people and great nation, etc.

In line with Ed's comment, people like those are goners if they don't have an early and serious epiphany. And without a critical mass of awakened winners, eventually the whole place will be populated by losers.

I sure hope that some folks somewhere are doing a ton of great work with youngsters. That's not a natural and normal circumstance these days, and not particularly easy.

Quite right. I think the basic problem is with the fathers of those students. Their fathers did not do what they were responsible to do in raising their children. They shirked their duty and the failure was there. My children were lucky. They had a father who took very seriously his responsibilities and duty to raise them. Few fathers do that anymore. Most are seduced by our culture that promises to raise children so the parents can do whatever they want to do. It's a fool's bargain, IMHO.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Rush covered this video today and had a good analysis. These snowflakes can't even fathom judging another person openly. Obviously all humans do this consciously or subconsciously. Whether or not we choose to speak of it is another matter. The person saying 'it isn't my place to judge you' believes exactly that.

We need to combat this by speaking out openly when this horse schidt is foisted upon us.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Good vid. Very sobering.

I truly don't think we as a society can come back from this level of brainwashing. It's been ingrained in those students since pre-school.
This is a relatively new consensus of communal idiocy. They haven't been exposed to the convolution and denial of simple truth that todays pre-schoolers are. If this "culture" survives, until preschoolers of today become of age, the age of zombie will emerge. But I doubt we will survive that long.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
668 members (06hunter59, 17Fan, 09wingates, 007FJ, 160user, 76 invisible), 2,650 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,605
Posts18,398,346
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.