Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
If you're interested, Cabela's is closing out their line of tractors and sell the tractors, made by TYM, and components at around a 20% discount.

We're looking at buying two of the LM75C style. Anybody here have any experience with this units?

Having run several brands of tractors over many years, I'd never buy one, especially an "off brand", without a local dealer. I googled TYM dealers and found one locally. I don't know anything about this dealer. I would check him out thoroughly before buying one of these tractors.

If you check out the dealer, are satisfied he's not a "fly by night" operator, has a good service department and is well thought of in the community, then one of these closeout tractors may be the ticket.

Buyer beware...

Service, with any tractor, makes or breaks the deal for me.

IMO.

DF

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Google and read some reviews.
If their tractors are anything like the ATV's they are selling, you don't even want one.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

Having run several brands of tractors over many years, I'd never buy one, especially an "off brand", without a local dealer. I googled TYM dealers and found one locally. I don't know anything about this dealer. I would check him out thoroughly before buying one of these tractors.

If you check out the dealer, are satisfied he's not a "fly by night" operator, has a good service department and is well thought of in the community, then one of these closeout tractors may be the ticket.

Buyer beware...

Service, with any tractor, makes or breaks the deal for me.

IMO.

DF

Heed this advice. A tractor without dealer service readily available will quickly become an ornament decorating the back pasture.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
We have a YTM tractor dealer locally and I have looked at them. They are good tractors and have a 5-year warranty, I believe.

That being said, I always scratched my head as to why Cabela's decided that they needed to sell tractors. Here in this part of the state, there are not that many people that buy a tractor just to put in a food plot and I think that is what they were aiming for.

There are enough competitive dealers to make that endeavor a bit stupid as far as I am concerned-but maybe that is why they are in trouble.

My wife used to work for them and I enjoyed the discount, but now, I can get things cheaper on line or at a local gun shop. They have become very unimpressive to me.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
When a business blows past the founders into the hands of bean counters, things hardly ever get better. Bigger, not necessarily better, IMO.

DF

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I'd rather have a 20-30 year old John Deere.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
When a business blows past the founders into the hands of bean counters, things hardly ever get better. Bigger, not necessarily better, IMO.

DF

Yes, but Dick Cabela took the company public so that he could raise the $$ to build the stores. There is an old saying about successful companies sticking to what they know and do best.

I live fifteen minutes from the Cabela's in LaVista, NE, and probably go there 40x each year, nearly once each week. I buy a fair amount of things from Cabela's and over the course of a year I probably buy 10 retail firearms and another $2 to 3K in ammo, components, and other "stuff". But, I buy nearly as many retail firearms from Kittery Trading Post in Maine and Williams Gun Sights in Michigan.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by SamOlson

You "preaching to the choir", Sam... laugh

Ya know what ya got with Green. They been here from the beginning, ain't going anywhere...

And, you can find parts, get'em fixed.

No arguement here...

DF

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I think that Cabela's might have started the tractor line to be a one stop shopping destination for people with acreages who wanted to do their on food plots. We'll probably buy another bulletproof Indian Mahindra, rather than go into the unknown future with Cabela's Chinese tractors.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Thought the Cabelas tractors were TYM?? That would make them Korean with Perkins diesel.

My 5085e is a mishmash of Chinese/Mexican/American parts assembled in the USA. The 6 series and up may have more USA components. Pretty much everything smaller in the E series is made in India...

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Ya know what ya got with Green. They been here from the beginning, ain't going anywhere...

No arguement here...

DF

DF, do you have any experience with the imported JD's?

A bunch of the more inexpensive models are made in Spain, Germany and Turkey(?), I think they even make 'em in Mexico.

Pretty sure we'll stick with (older)American made versions.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

No arguement here...

DF

A bunch of the more inexpensive models are made in Spain, Germany and Turkey(?), I think they even make 'em in Mexico.

Yeah, they are made lots of places now. Someone posted the list where the JD's are made now... All over the world.

My new Case came from Italy.

Funny enough, my Mahindra was made in the U.S. They have several factory assembly lines here now. Closest is in Houston.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I'd be more worried about finding parts(10-20 years from now...) than anything.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd be more worried about finding parts(10-20 years from now...) than anything.

I thought about that. Would have spent the extra green for the green if I was leaving a legacy for my kids and grandkids. But, sadly, I just needed tractors that will do what I need them to do for 10-15 years. After that it won't much matter.

Just couldn't justify the substantial price difference.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
While it is true that many of todays Deere, Case-IH,and New Hollands are made either wholly or partly, by other manufactorers, you can still easily get parts. I recently wanted a little smaller tractor than my big NH, so I looked at a number of brands. Deere had an very good lease deal, but I was looking to buy. I found a good used LS tractor and really liked the looks, but found that getting parts could be rather iffy. I ended up buying a Kubota. There are Kubota dealers, parts, and anything else you might need for it located everywhere. Several years ago a friend of mine, against everyone's advice bought a UTV from Rural King. After owning it a few years and trying to find parts, he finally gave in a bought a JD Gator. I've owned a number of tractors over my lifetime, and would never ever buy an "offbrand".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That's all I have, well more like 30-40.

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mohick
hope cabelas is closing out totally

Why?

Do tell....

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Muleshoe, there must be a reason why they hold their value like none other.

Inflation aside a 30 year old JD is more than likely to cost more now than when it was new.

They just don't depreciate, at all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by muleshoe
hope cabelas is closing out totally

Why?

Do tell....

He doesn't have a reason...

From another thread he's trolling in the foods forum....seems he hates pix of food as much as he hates Cabelas.

I don't stew about anything on here don't even care just come here to post $hit to get people stirred up!!

Last edited by FieldGrade; 04/23/16.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D

No arguement here...

DF

Most tractors are international, parts made all over the world, regardless where they're assembled.

I've run JD's made in the U.S., Mexico and Germany. They all worked well, were all well supported by the dealer. JD service and parts availability is the same regardless of country of origin.

I've owned Massey Ferguson, Case, IH, Kubota and Ford. They all worked well. Parts, service and down time are what determines how well I like a tractor.

I don't/won't buy a tractor not well supported by a strong, local dealer.

Pick the dealer, then go with what he sells.

That's almost like picking your gunsmith, then using the barrel he prefers.

IMO.

DF

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,329 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,093
Posts18,464,104
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.