The beatings will continue until morale improves
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by captbutch

I have the 72" without the peg board for a reloading bench from that maker. Nice bench for the money, heavy.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I'm using a Cosco workbench. Metal frame/legs and butcher block top. I think it's 8 feet long.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
This one here at Sams Club, and guess the price went up about $20 bucks.

Link

[img]http://scene7.samsclub.com/is/image...1500&hei=1500&fmt=jpg&qlt=80[/img]

Phil

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Have two of the HF tables side by side. Great tables for the price...even better price with the 20%-25% discount coupons. Sturdy and lots of storage for dies, etc. Also look nice.

http://s98.photobucket.com/user/SS30ANV/media/ReloadingRoom%20001_zpszoeijj5z.jpg.html][Linked Image]

"By the time you realize your father was a smart man, you have a teenager telling you just how stupid you are."
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Wacenturion
Have two of the HF tables side by side. Great tables for the price...even better price with the 20%-25% discount coupons. Sturdy and lots of storage for dies, etc. Also look nice.

http://s98.photobucket.com/user/SS30ANV/media/ReloadingRoom%20001_zpszoeijj5z.jpg.html][Linked Image]
I've got a complete reloading setup in the basement consisting of a Homak (IIRC) workbench I bought probably 25 years ago for $20 heavily discounted. I've got one of those old double school desks with a bunch of my components on it and an old shelf for more stuff. A few years back I decided to make some changes, so I bought that exact HF workbench and also a LocknLoad press. Just like yours. Trouble is, I'm still loading on the Homak with my two Lee Turret presses mounted and the LocknLoad is still boxed up behind me right now. The workbench laid around in its package for a couple of years and then I put it together because I've never had a real workbench in my garage. It's a good bench. I don't know how it would be for reloading, but it's a good workbench.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Thanks everyone. Gonna go see what SAMs club has and compare.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Greyghost
This one here at Sams Club, and guess the price went up about $20 bucks.

Link

[img]http://scene7.samsclub.com/is/image...1500&hei=1500&fmt=jpg&qlt=80[/img]

Phil

That is the one I bought. It is an excellent bench for the money.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I built mine years ago from scratch. I first built two kitchen-like lower cabinets with drawers, then a top I made of 4x8 pine boards, which I drilled and bolted together with threaded rods. The top was so heavy I didn't have to attach it to the cabinets. The space between the cabinets is wide enough for an office chair.

Bill Quimby

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Bluemonday
If you look around, you might find some kitchen base-cabinets that someone is replacing. Once you screw that to the wall, it is plenty stout. A solid core door ripped to width makes a good top for it.

Thats exactly what I've got. Got some awesome base cabinets out of a hospital along with the solid core doors from the same hospital and cut to fit. It is rock solid and made of nice wood.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by luv2safari
I looked at one in the store. It would be borderline, IMO.

Me too. Just not sturdy as I'd want. Possibly one might use it as a base and add more wood to the legs, but if you have proper tools, why not build from scratch? Height and other dimensions then can be modified to suit your needs.

I agree, though, that in a pinch it is better than nothing.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
bowhunter

My rifle set-up is simply my old office desk and chair. It's a BIG particle board/formica laminated tank. Check some used office furniture places or rummage sales. Don't need to spend a lot on a reloading bench. The dog didn't come with it.

[Linked Image]

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just bought this bench from HF this weeken. When you assemble it yourself it is MUCH more sturdy and is pretty much perfect for the occasional reloader(I reload 3 calibers). I don't know how others reload but this thing is pretty heavy and can take whatever punishment I will give it while loading, plus I like the shelves and built the mount for my press that fits into the clamp on the end of the table. One complaint is that the instructions are not easy to follow and it took me a while to assemble( I see why the display in the store is put together so poorly). For the money I'm giving it two thumbs up.

MM

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
If you are talking the woodworking bench then I agree. It is sturdy and can be adapted to do a lot of things. My only wish is that it was taller. I like a bench I can stand and work or sit on a shop stool and work. I use c-clamps to hold my press and various reloading tools to the bench. That way I can move them around to fit my needs. I can also clear the bench of all reloading tools and work on other projects.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 61 invisible), 2,066 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,072
Posts18,463,743
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.