Print Thread
Hop To
M
Mesa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
FS: used books on various historical and outdoor topics. ALL PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING TO CONUS ZIPS. I take cash, personal checks made out to me, and all MOs, but I DON'T TAKE PayPal or credit cards. I try to ship the next mail day after I get payments.

Please ask questions or make comments by PM; I will answer all as fast as I can. Please DON'T put them on this thread.

How it works: to reserve a book or books, put an "I'll take book #____" ON THIS THREAD as a "reply." Then I'll acknowledge your purchase on this thread, mark the book or books sold on the ad (as long as the board allows editing) and PM you my "legal" (first) name and address for payment. Please put your book #s or titles, or at least your Campfire "handle" on your check or payment so I can match the order with the payment.

TAKE $1 OFF THE PRICE OF ANY BOOK YOU ORDER AFTER THE FIRST ONE!

Western/US History titles

1)SPF "The Heart of Everything That Is: The Untold Story of Red Cloud, An American Legend" by Bob Drury and Tom Clavin.

2) SPF "The Last Stand: Custer, Sitting Bull, and the Battle of the Little Bighorn" by Nathaniel Philbrick.

3) "The Path Between the Seas: the Creation of the Panama Canal, 1870-1914" by David McCullough. National Book Award-winning history of the construction of the Canal, including earlier abortive attempts. The creation of the nation of Panama, TR's roles, "the Zone". Quality PB 698 pp. exc. cond. w/82 b/w photos and two detailed maps. $6

4) SPF "The Destructive War: W.T. Sherman, Stonewall Jackson, and the Americans" by Charles Royster.

5) SPF "The Empire of Necessity: Slavery, Freedom, and Deception in the New World" by Greg Grandin.

6) SPF "Black Flag: Guerrilla Warfare on the Western Border, 1861-65" by Thomas Goodrich.

7) SPF "Shot Down: the True Story of Pilot Howard Snyder and the Crew of the B-17'Susan Ruth'" by Steven Snyder.

"Outdoor Adventures"

8) "The Education of Little Tree" by Forrest Carter.

9) "A Sailor's Life" by Jan de Hartog. Thinking of "running away to sea"? You probably missed that boat by about a century, but you can catch it with de Hartog's 1955 classic about a Dutch boy (himself) who embarks right out of grammar school, serves a long time in the Merchant Marine, and ends up a "water cop"! Could be a "how to" if you had a time machine.... HB 220 pp. exc. cond. illus w/author's hand drawings. $5

10) "Shadow Divers: Two Americans Who Risked Everything to Solve One of the Last Mysteries of WWII" by Robert Kurson. Two amateur wreck divers from New Jersey find what they think is a pipe barge and then discover it is the unaccounted for German U-869! Scary dive sequences and interesting research into missing U-boats. PB 320pp. exc. cond. w/color photos. $5

12) "The Perfect Storm: A True Story of Man Against the Sea" by Sebastian Junger. Pulitzer-winning war correspondent's account of the loss of a sword fishing boat in a "perfect" 120 mph tempest off New England in 1991. Civilian and USCG heroism, and tragedy in spite of the best brave men can do. Basis of the excellent movie. PB 246 pp. exc/new cond illus w/b/w photos, map. $5

13) "Cold Beer and Crocodiles: A Bicycle Journey into Australia" by Roff Smith. Overweight US journalist tackles the Continent Down Under on a touring bike in 1999. Narrow escapes, crashes, hangovers, storms and a lot of modern OZ reality from red wine to road rash. And a LOT of Outback. PB 290 pp. exc. reading cond. with a gift inscription on the flyleaf. Illus w/map, b/w and color photos. $5

14) "The Mystery of the Nile: The Epic Story of the First Descent of the World's Deadliest River" by Richard Bangs and Pasquale Scattarro.

Fishing books

15) SPF "The Armchair Angler: the Best Fish Stories, Fact and Fiction" ed. by Brykcznski and Reuther.

16) "Gray's Sporting Journal, Vol 41 March/April 2016" Latest issue of this top-end, beautiful magazine--their annual "Fly Fishing Edition," a whole issue devoted to fly fishing from Chile to Arkansas, fresh and salt water, rainbows to redfish (and don't forget mackerel, the bluegill of the sea!). Worth it just for the original painted illustrations and wonderful color photos! $7

17) SPF "The Dry Fly: New Angles" by Gary LaFontaine.

Hunting and guns

18) SPF "Goose Hunting" by Charles L. Cadieux.

19) SPF "The Archer's and Bowhunter's Bible" by H. Lea Lawrence.

20) "Modern Rifles and Submachineguns" by Maj. Frederick Myatt and Gerard Ridefort. Illustrated guide to over 80 of the 20th and 21st century's most important infantry shoulder weapons. Color illustrations, specs. many historic photos of these arms in use. HB 159 pp. new cond. illus w/color plates, charts. $6

21) "Weapons of the Elite Forces: a Full-Color Directory of the Arms and Weapons Technology Employed by the World's Special Forces" by David Miller and Gerard Ridefort. 130 pages of data, analysis, and color illustrations of over 30 major weapons in service in the 1990s and most still in service. HB 120 pp. new cond. illus w/many color and b/w photos, charts and diagrams. $6

22) "AK-47: The Complete Kalashnikov Family of Assault Rifles" by Duncan Long. Excellent survey of the Kalashnikov family from a complete history of the rifle and design history of assault rifles that led up to it, plus descriptions and evaluations of all major Kalashnikov variants from many nations. PB (Paladin Press) 190 pp. new cond. illus w/detailed line drawings, b/w photos, and comparative charts. $6

Thanks for reading my long post! DON'T FORGET to take off $1 from the price of any book or books you order after the first one!

Mike Armstrong aka Mesa

Last edited by Mesa; 05/10/16.

Was Mike Armstrong. Got logged off; couldn't log back on. RE-registered my old call sign, Mesa.
FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
GB1

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Incomeing PM Ill take Book #1 & #2 !

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I'll take #8, #15, #17, and #19

============================================================

M
Mesa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Books #s 1 and 2 SPF to saddlering

Books #s 8, 15, 17, and 19 SPF to FyrepowrX

Thanks for buying again, guys!
PMs to both of you ASAP,

Mike Armstrong aka Mesa

Was Mike Armstrong. Got logged off; couldn't log back on. RE-registered my old call sign, Mesa.
FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I will take #s 4, 5, 6 and 14.

Thanks

PM for money and mailing details.
Thanks
Scott

Last edited by Sled2live; 05/10/16.
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'll take #18.

"If I couldn't laugh I would go insane." JB
M
Mesa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Books #s 4,5,6, and 14 SPF to Sled2live

Book #18 SPF to bamagun01

Thanks for buying, guys! PMs on the way to you both.

Mike Armstrong aka Mesa

FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I'll take #7. PM on the way. Thanks.

Randy

"Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs".
M
Mesa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Book #7 SPF to RandySavage99

Thanks for buying! Answer to your PM on the way!

Mike Armstrong aka Mesa

FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
M
Mesa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
BTT

FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Bump for a good guy who must read a lot.....

smile

M
Mesa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Thanks, oldslowdog.

(I just don't watch TV a lot. Like at all. Especially the "News." Or "The Walking Dead"--figure I'll get to meet 'em all when I go to vote anyway....).

FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
M
Mesa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
BTT

FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
M
Mesa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
BTT

FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
M
Mesa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Final Bump!

FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (16penny, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 12344mag, 53 invisible), 2,144 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,200
Posts18,466,008
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.